Rx7 v8 craiglist

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Rx7 v8 craiglist

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/1958952707.html

Can you actually get a BAR certification for this?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:01 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
I've never heard it referred to as being "BARed" but I'm assuming you mean will pass a state ref inspection. As long as it has cats and complies with all the smog regulations it should be fine. The LS6 is run in lots of things in CA without issue.

Edit: This is sketchy as ****, the guy is purposefully avoiding listing the mileage as well as a number of other specifics. Definitely isn't worth 14k 10k tops.

Edit^2: Yeah this car is suffering from what I call "The A/C Blows cold!" Disease. This is a disease where there are hidden mechanical maladies throughout the car that will cost more than it's worth but the owner avoids pointing any of those out and instead misdirects you to the quality of the A/C as if it were an accurate measure of the overall mechanical soundness of the vehicle.

Last edited by manhands; 09-20-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:02 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
I always thought it had to be teh same manufacturer and a newer engine
Old 09-20-2010, 02:11 PM

Car Info: Reason
this thing has been up for sale a bunch of times on CL. i think it's a GREAT looking car, but good luck with the ref.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
nope, just as long as the motor is the same year or newer than the car its going into and it can pass the sniffer for the year of the car youre good to go
Old 09-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
That car is the definition of SEXY. WOW! I've seen pics of it before but didn't know it had a Corvette engine in it... That thing is just pure sex, it has sex oozing out of every pore. God, so clean and so sexy. If this was easy to smog and could pass without problems and I knew that it ran reliably, I would really consider selling my STi for it. The price is a little high, after all, it is a 1993 car. I know it has a ton of money put into it, but that's the thing with modded cars, you'll never get your money back unless you part it out. The car is a 1993, and it is "Frankensteined", meaning that it has had MAJOR work done to it. It's probably more reliable than the stock rotary that it had originally, but it's nearly 20 years old and isn't worth more than 10k I'd say... Even then, that is $10k for a car that is smog/carb legal and wont have any problems being registered, etc. I don't know how many miles are on the chassis, I don't know how easy it will be to smog, I don't know a lot about the car and that throws up A LOT of red flags. If you buy a car with THIS MUCH work done to it, you better have ALL the info that is possible to have for the car.

Another thing, this car also suffers from "Good photographer" syndrome. Meaning that the car was photographed by someone with some skills and has some expensive camera equipment, and that means that the car looks better in the pics than it does in real life. As much as I like the satin black color scheme, it's hard to make it look nice in real life without having it detailed ever other day. When flat/satin black cars get dirty, they look like crap. Just a warning to potential buys.

if the car was 100% legit with all documents/info, as well as knowing that it was really reliable, I'd be REALLY tempted to buy it. This would be an awesome car to have if it was in fact done correctly and was legit in terms of smog and carb. I wonder how fast it is? I wonder how it handles due to the power? Anyone know how a car like this handles/performs?
Old 09-20-2010, 02:45 PM

Car Info: 1992 Skyline GTR BNR32
I like the exterior....paint? is it paint? Nonetheless, I think it looks good and I would love to drive the sh*t out of it but I wouldn't want to own it.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:55 PM

prob easy to wreck
Old 09-20-2010, 03:00 PM

Car Info: wrx02
I think the same Bruce. But it will probably break down. Tempting though.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Dammit, I REALLY want this car now... I keep re-reading the ad and keep looking at those pics and picturing the amount of fun I'd have in that thing. Aye!

I honestly thing that the FD body style is one of the best styling designs of ANY car ever. It's almost 20 years old and it look better than some of the nicer modern cars. This car was so ahead of it's time in terms of style, and it shows to this day. The only thing I'd add to this car is the factory spoiler. The spoiler adds to the balance of the car and looks weird without it (maybe it's just because Im used to the spoiler look). If the car worked reliably and could be smogged, etc, and lets say that I bought it... The only thing I'd change besides adding the factory wing is the wheels and brakes. Otherwise, the car would remain AS IS. I think some gold wheels (maybe even green?) would look AWESOME!

Quick question to Krinkov. I noticed the front bumper looks darker than the rest of the car (in every pic). You think this could be due to a clear-bra type coat? Would a clear bra change the color like that? (I know that Satin black shows every imperfection and maybe clear bra could make it look darker?) Anyone else notice the front bumper is darker?
Old 09-20-2010, 03:08 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Bugeye
sexy, but too rich for my blood.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:22 PM

Car Info: Yimi Sport Tuned VF39'd 2.0L
Old 09-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Car Info: VF48'd WRB Bugeye
[QUOTE=brucelee;2942168]The only thing I'd add to this car is the factory spoiler. The spoiler adds to the balance of the car and looks weird without it (maybe it's just because Im used to the spoiler look). QUOTE]

Factory wing is included too....

I did notice the color difference on the front end too
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
that looks like a pretty clean swap, nothing even close to this...

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...one-wrong.html
Old 09-20-2010, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 2005 STI Silver/78 911sc/ktm380exc/03 RC51/F4i
A kid pulled up next to me in a black one on Decoto on Friday.It had a hole cut in the hood and he said it had a LS1 in it.Sounded really good and looked like a ton of fun.I always thought that and the 240z were interesting platforms for such a swap.

Quick Reply: Rx7 v8 craiglist