running @Sears Point on wed. 28

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 10:48 PM

Car Info: 03 sedan 2nd wrx
running @Sears Point on wed. 28

I'll be running my wrx for the first time at sears on the 28th will anyone eles be there it would be cool to see more wrx's so we can stomp on some hondas!!
Old 05-21-2003, 12:53 PM

Car Info: 2002 Aspen White Wrx Wagon
i would like to go, but i just put on a tranny, and .... i dont really want to stress this one until i get a back up.... but we will see

pete
Old 05-21-2003, 02:59 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Re: running @Sears Point on wed. 28

Originally posted by DWNSHFT
I'll be running my wrx for the first time at sears on the 28th will anyone eles be there it would be cool to see more wrx's so we can stomp on some hondas!!
sup Miguel...I cant come out b/c I work wednesdays, but talk to Matt (dew-subaru...blue WRX with scooby sport exhaust) he goes to the track pretty often, he came by my work a few days ago and said he might be going...anyways, let me know what u run!

-Zoeb
Old 05-21-2003, 09:30 PM

Car Info: MBP is the blackest of blacks. HOLLA BLACK!
I'LL be there in a black sedan w/18" 5zigen Fighters with my bestfriend in a silver sedan.

- John
Old 05-21-2003, 11:04 PM

All right cool I'll be there early to look and regester and then at about 7:00pm I'll go for my first run. After 'iceing' my i/c and other stuff
Old 05-21-2003, 11:32 PM

Car Info: MBP is the blackest of blacks. HOLLA BLACK!
All right cool I'll be there early to look and regester and then at about 7:00pm I'll go for my first run. After 'iceing' my i/c and other stuff
Gates open 3:30-ish and after registration/inspection you can get practice runs in until 7pm, which is when eliminations begin.

If you don't have a helmet the inspection guys will hassle you (i got stopped by three different guys and none would believe that i was runnings 14.XX), so make it clear to them that you're not running faster than 14.0 if you don't have a helmet.

As far as iceing your intercooler, becareful not to drip any water onto the track or they won't let you run. That and the other guys might give u iSh for it.

See you there !
-John
Old 05-22-2003, 11:09 PM

I wanna go, but I have to get my uppipe first. Supposed to buy one from mexicanpizza
Old 05-22-2003, 11:19 PM

Originally posted by daybreak
Gates open 3:30-ish and after registration/inspection you can get practice runs in until 7pm, which is when eliminations begin.

If you don't have a helmet the inspection guys will hassle you (i got stopped by three different guys and none would believe that i was runnings 14.XX), so make it clear to them that you're not running faster than 14.0 if you don't have a helmet.

As far as iceing your intercooler, becareful not to drip any water onto the track or they won't let you run. That and the other guys might give u iSh for it.

See you there !
-John
thanks for the heads up bro. by inspection you mean????
I'm catless is that cool I never heard of any 50s being messed with, but I dont know!
Old 05-22-2003, 11:20 PM

Dew-subaru 'Matt' r u go'n
Old 05-22-2003, 11:57 PM

they won't care whether your catless or not, as long as you have a muffler
Old 05-23-2003, 03:53 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
by inspection you mean????
It's a tech inspection. You'll sometimes hear people refer to it as "going through tech", or "where's the tech line?". The track officials will do a quick check for things like seat belts, coolant recovery system (no dripping on track), windows that roll up (must be up when you run), tires with useable rubber remaining, etc. Things get slightly more complicated when you are turning E.T.s quicker than 14.0. You will need a helmet and depending on how quick the car is, you may need a roll cage and some other safety-related pieces.

Tip: Bring a couple of ball-point pens with you to the track. You will need it to fill out the registration form (they don't supply pens or pencils). I also used to bring my own white shoe polish to write the dial-in on my windows, but my brother used stick-on plastic numbers like some of the road course folks do. There's a new type of white shoe polish or window marker that applies like shoe polish, but is much brighter and easier to wipe off of the glass when you are through. I don't know where to buy it, though. People will loan you their shoe polish but it's a lot more convenient when you don't have to walk around looking for someone who has it. I wipe it off before I leave the track - it's a cop magnet!

All drag strips are pretty strict on safety enforcement these days. Years ago I was driving a car that turned 12.50s and I had no helmet or any of that other safety equipment. They also used to sell beer (well, Budweiser) at the track, but now alcohol in any form is banned if you are driving. Insurance and liability have forced track owners to be more responsible for what goes on at their facilities.

Good luck and have fun, Miguel.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 05-29-2003, 01:37 PM

Miguel - How was your evening at Sears Point

Just curious about your posted times? What would you have done differently the next time you go out?
bill
Old 05-29-2003, 01:46 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Re: Miguel - How was your evening at Sears Point

Originally posted by byoung
Just curious about your posted times? What would you have done differently the next time you go out?
bill
I just talked to miguel, he didnt end up going to the track

-Zoeb
Old 05-29-2003, 09:19 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
office max had some of that white window paint. Shoe polish is a pain in the *** to get off!