rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
True that. I gave up on parks a long time ago. Got tired of getting hurt. I'm sure I could still throw down if I wanted to though. LOL!

When we were in Utah I accidently found this park that had me drooling. It was set up in a tree gully. Just had a bunch of cut down trees piled up making jumps. Had a huge wall. Stumps to slide that just flew off into the gully. I hit one and it just freaking launched me. I landed and bounced and just sat their laughing my *** off. It was so much fun. Was like a mini super-natural course.

We need that...
Old 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Oh and Cliff... I got a pile of helmets up at the cabin. A couple might work for you if you want one. I know yours is getting tired. No chin bar though... though if you order a giro one that works with one I can get your a chin bar. We still sell bolt on chin bars.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:26 PM
General Pimpin'

And you should put some raffle tickets in the giro box... It's literally a $500 plus tax set up... and it'll fit you... I want the goggles bad. I don't even have em.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX
Originally Posted by boardoholic
gpem92, you're right. Most of us freeride. A few of us still lap the park on occasion.

With freeriding, the whole mountain is a playground! Huck boulders, slide off cut tree logs & stumps, drop cornices, pop off lil side hits, smash open bowls, zig zag thru glades, roll up & down gullies.

Doesn't that sound a bit lick a park sesh anyway?

Also, Boreal is not bad on a $15 friday, esp when ALL the terrain & lifts are open.

Northstar has legit parks, but I don't like going there for various reasons. Kinda nice that all their park runs & pipe are along one lift barring The Stash & mini-Stash.

Sierra@Tahoe has their parks dialed in too. Lots of variety spread out throughout the mtn. Their boardercross course is TONS of fun for the couple months they're able to have it.

Can't think of any other local resorts that have solid parks.
$15 Fridays?! I wanted to try Boreal last year but my season pass wasn't accepted there. Does the $15 cover night riding as well? Is it pretty crowded?
Old 09-15-2016, 04:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
YEP, the $15 is ALL DAY which includes the night sesh.

Yes, it can get crowded. But as a freerider, I'm usually on the outer reaches of the resort. Sure, the lifts aren't high speed, but there is virtually no waiting in the lift lines.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
And you should put some raffle tickets in the giro box... It's literally a $500 plus tax set up... and it'll fit you... I want the goggles bad. I don't even have em.
some? If Giro's gonna have a separate draw, why not ALL? Nah, I won't be that greedy.

Any re: brain buckets at the cabin, I'll check em out. And my faceguard should work w/ any current Giro helmet in which the plastic shell covers the ears. But like in my post from last week, I'm particular on the MUST HAVE features. We'll see what ya got.

If I don't end up w/ a Giro, I'm targeting a bucket fr POC.
Old 09-15-2016, 05:16 PM
VIP Member

True that. I gave up on parks a long time ago. Got tired of getting hurt. I'm sure I could still throw down if I wanted to though. LOL!

When we were in Utah I accidently found this park that had me drooling. It was set up in a tree gully. Just had a bunch of cut down trees piled up making jumps. Had a huge wall. Stumps to slide that just flew off into the gully. I hit one and it just freaking launched me. I landed and bounced and just sat their laughing my *** off. It was so much fun. Was like a mini super-natural course.

We need that...
LOL The bolded part sounds a lot like my shred seshes.
Old 09-15-2016, 06:00 PM
General Pimpin'

some? If Giro's gonna have a separate draw, why not ALL? Nah, I won't be that greedy.

Any re: brain buckets at the cabin, I'll check em out. And my faceguard should work w/ any current Giro helmet in which the plastic shell covers the ears. But like in my post from last week, I'm particular on the MUST HAVE features. We'll see what ya got.

If I don't end up w/ a Giro, I'm targeting a bucket fr POC.
I know there's one of these up there... But won't work with the chin bar.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

It's a matte titanium carbon edition.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:51 PM
VIP Member

I know there's one of these up there... But won't work with the chin bar.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

It's a matte titanium carbon edition.
Phew! That's a pretty dope helmet. Too bad it's not faceguard compatible and doesn't have the adjustable vents.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:24 AM
General Pimpin'

What size do you wear? I might be selling my edit. Also not chin bar compatible but otherwise an amazing helmet.

I think there's at least on hard side helmet up there. I know I gave Justin one.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:25 AM
General Pimpin'

If you are stuck on FS you should just get one. I can try and get you a cipher?

I'd personally pick up a cipher for those gnar days and then run a more standard soft eared helmet daily. And this is coming from a guy that's hit a few trees.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:07 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
this is coming from a guy that's hit a few trees.
Quoted for truth

That time I saw you take a spill and go right into the tree made me cringe. Don't know how you got up and rode away from that one. It was one hell of an impact
Old 09-17-2016, 07:59 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Quoted for truth

That time I saw you take a spill and go right into the tree made me cringe. Don't know how you got up and rode away from that one. It was one hell of an impact
Was that a couple seasons ago? If so, I didn't witness it but I do know Ray was hurting pretty bad by the time we had all converged at the end of the run. Oof.

Of our entire group that shreds together on occasion, I think I rock the most protective gear. I've thought about torso protection, but it'd need to be like the Nomex/Kevlar survival suit from Batman Begins to offer any substantial protection against tree dodging, boulder hucking & small cliff drops we might get into.
Old 09-17-2016, 10:23 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Was that a couple seasons ago? If so, I didn't witness it but I do know Ray was hurting pretty bad by the time we had all converged at the end of the run. Oof.

Of our entire group that shreds together on occasion, I think I rock the most protective gear. I've thought about torso protection, but it'd need to be like the Nomex/Kevlar survival suit from Batman Begins to offer any substantial protection against tree dodging, boulder hucking & small cliff drops we might get into.
Believe it was. It was a powder day and we were riding out on the backside where you need to get on the bus to return back to base
Old 09-17-2016, 11:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by XxSti05xX
Believe it was. It was a powder day and we were riding out on the backside where you need to get on the bus to return back to base
Well, since he did say he's "hit a few trees," I was thinking abt another time when we were along the backside high-speed chair and he said he had to bail to avoid something/someone so he ended up taking a tumble into a tree. One or two of y'all were cruisin thru there along with him. I just remember his ribs were killing him the rest of the day and wknd.

But you know us, we kept at it.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.