rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by SR20steve
Haha, I have a separate room so I can snore in peace.

Wasn't talking about that but that's funnier.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 1999 2.5RS / 2004 Forester X
Originally Posted by SR20steve
I'll be at the wood Sunday as well, you wanna meet up for some shredage?
Ya man that would be sick, pm me your # and I'll give you a call before I head into work at 3.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Attn: Park Rats

This Sat, June 15th at Boreal is the 4th Annual Summer Shred. ONE run w/ a full terrain park. Plus, open house at Woodward Tahoe.

Frame Shot from LIVE Mountain Cam

- - - - - - - -

But wait! There's more!

Here's a vid of some local Freebord shredding:

Live to Ride. Ride to Live.

Last edited by boardoholic; 06-14-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: didn't realize mtn cam frame capture was constantly updated
Old 06-13-2013, 02:24 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Damn that sounds like fun, just to even check out what the park will look like for summer camp.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:41 PM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Damn, didn't know boreal has that.. I guess that's one thing larger resorts fail at
Old 06-14-2013, 09:08 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by oshrizak
Damn, didn't know boreal has that.. I guess that's one thing larger resorts fail at
Unless my sarcasm meter is b0rked, my only response is...

Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi Sedan '13
Originally Posted by boardoholic

Unless my sarcasm meter is b0rked, my only response is...
>.> I never go to the terrain park outside of the winter season and boreal is kinda boring as I remember it...
Old 07-30-2013, 09:07 AM
VIP Member

I forgot to post this last week....

Good Wood Snowboard Test 2014 Preview | TransWorld SNOWboarding

Only a couple more days til TransWorldSNOW's 2014 Gear Guide drops! All those pix of the Good Wood testing got me amped. Might be time to shred the Freebord this week, eh?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 AM
General Pimpin'

Was talking to my dad last night and got the low down on the Bear Valley motion.

Basically... the last owners laid the ground work and put in the work and then sold it off for a profit to someone willing to finish it.

Bear Valley had rights to an INSANE amount of acreage but never did the permits for them. So the owners came in... built that quad on the back, upgraded a few things, dealt with the water issues for expansion and did all the ground work on the permits. And marked all my secret stashes.

Now they've sold it.

The new owners if rumor has it are going to start pulling the trigger on those permits. You know when you first come up off highway 4 on the right people park and go hike horse shoe canyon.... well they openned that up and put a parking lot there. That means easier access for the locals AND for the tour guides. There will be cat trips there this year. I'd like to go. LOL!

Next on the agenda is the village gondola and a quad on the front.

Once that is set up they are going to begin expanding the hell out of bear valley. Once they cash in on all these permits it will be the largest rideable acreage resort in the sierras. You heard that correct.... larger than kirkwood.

They have rights to Reba, the whole back side of the mountain to the village and the whole valley off the back and up the next ridge. My gut tells me they'll expand over to Reba... to the right of the parking lots... that's what drops in to the bottom of the mountain. It's GREAT riding. Locals are gonna be pissed. Then what I'm hoping is that they'll expand around the ridge by the quad on the back... where it goes down in the valley and up the next ridge.

I'm bummed that they're blowing up my little local hill and I'm bummed they're showing the world the stuff I've been hiding for 20 years... but if they do this correctly it just means there will be new stuff available to me that was only hike access before.... and will open up new hike access only spots. LOL!

And for the most part people will be groomer smashing and I'll be riding pow. LOL!

So this year expect some changes but for the most part they'll take years to come about.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Oh.... and we're planning a couple summer trips up to the cabin.

Do some swimming. Play some golf. Do the annual work on the cabin... clean up leaves and crap like that. Right now it's looking like beginning of Sept or end of august. Then again in late Sept early October and then maybe first weekend of nov or whever they close the pool for winter.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 AM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Was talking to my dad last night and got the low down on the Bear Valley motion.

Basically... the last owners laid the ground work and put in the work and then sold it off for a profit to someone willing to finish it.

Bear Valley had rights to an INSANE amount of acreage but never did the permits for them. So the owners came in... built that quad on the back, upgraded a few things, dealt with the water issues for expansion and did all the ground work on the permits. And marked all my secret stashes.

Now they've sold it.

The new owners if rumor has it are going to start pulling the trigger on those permits. You know when you first come up off highway 4 on the right people park and go hike horse shoe canyon.... well they openned that up and put a parking lot there. That means easier access for the locals AND for the tour guides. There will be cat trips there this year. I'd like to go. LOL!

Next on the agenda is the village gondola and a quad on the front.

Once that is set up they are going to begin expanding the hell out of bear valley. Once they cash in on all these permits it will be the largest rideable acreage resort in the sierras. You heard that correct.... larger than kirkwood.

They have rights to Reba, the whole back side of the mountain to the village and the whole valley off the back and up the next ridge. My gut tells me they'll expand over to Reba... to the right of the parking lots... that's what drops in to the bottom of the mountain. It's GREAT riding. Locals are gonna be pissed. Then what I'm hoping is that they'll expand around the ridge by the quad on the back... where it goes down in the valley and up the next ridge.

I'm bummed that they're blowing up my little local hill and I'm bummed they're showing the world the stuff I've been hiding for 20 years... but if they do this correctly it just means there will be new stuff available to me that was only hike access before.... and will open up new hike access only spots. LOL!

And for the most part people will be groomer smashing and I'll be riding pow. LOL!

So this year expect some changes but for the most part they'll take years to come about.
Sounds pretty awesome, only problem I see with that is the elevation...maybe they could really step up with some snow making (not sure there capabilities now).

But im ready for some damn snow already! We are on the downhill slope now I get up at 4:50 am and go for a run and its been getting darker every week.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I think beginning of October is when they close the pool if I remember. Looking forward to getting some time up there for golf and such. Still sucks about no internet though.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 AM
General Pimpin'

Steve... yeah it's not super high but most years it does just fine. Last couple have sucked so I'm thinking it's about time for a big year. The sun is nearly the end of it's cycle and it's almost at it's hottest so I'm thinking that'll mean more extreme temperature swings... hotter summers colder winters. But it could also mean that it's just gonna be warmer for another year and we'll get smashed next year.

justin... it looks like my dad has the second and 4th weekends of sept open but I'm almost thinking about heading up without him on labor day weekend. Little birthday celebrate chill weekend. Golf. Pool. Etc. Maybe try to talk him in to setting us up for a night at the club. jew know.

Oh.... and the interwebs stuff. I think if you and I can figure out how to make it user friendly... i.e. my mom can figure it out... I think we can talk him in to switching it... dump the cable turn on the internet.

Now that I have my tv set up at home I can show them how it works. I might do a hulu plus trial just so I can show them. I've got netflix set up so we can use my netflix account up there. And Tv's are coming down. You can get a wifi, ap ready 40 inch tv for like $400. We might all have to take donations and just buy one. LOL!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I can't do labor day weekend. My brother and his wife and kids are in town. The weekend of the 24th would be good for me. I'm out the last weeknd in september too. Be in Wisco for the oktoberfest celebration and see Dawn's family.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 2015 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 Sports Package,SOLD-05 STi
Snowbomb Platinum pass is on sale for $49.99 for those of you that didnt know. Pretty damn good deal if you dont plan on getting a season pass. I bought one bc I wouldn't benefit from a season pass this year.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.