rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:33 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
Originally Posted by BenBuser
Union bindings are so on point.
Ive had my Union Inverters for about 3 seasons now and i am DEFINITELY satisfied with them
sorry for the double post but I agree, i like a soft board with slightly stiffer bindings for better translation to the board and i have set of the limited edition Union Data POW from 2010 and they are so RAD...and Ive ridden with Ben (damn near died with Ben in fact!) and that kid rides a lot and knows whats up!!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 Wrx Wagon Vf34 EQ tuned
scoo*b

Who are you aha, sorry
Old 08-30-2011, 10:34 AM

oh whoops, different Ben! haha! but i give you props for union bindings anyways!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 AM

Car Info: 2004 Hybrid WRB WRX
Oivind Fykse - Next Production Full Part 2011 - YouTube

Yep, just about my favorite editing, enjoy
Old 09-02-2011, 06:24 PM

ordered my board on thursday from Burton with my $370 warranty gift card and a couple bucks on top!! 2012 Burton Joystick 154 on the way! top of the line vrocker and i cant freakin wait for its delivery and more so some SNOW!!

that is all
Old 09-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 04.7 AW Time Attack STi
Nice board Brendan! I bought a 2011 Burton Squeeze Box 158, Cartel Bindings and Hail Boots thru my cousin (Designer for Analog) earlier this year. I rode the **** out of this past season. I can't wait for more snow... I hope I get to go again before I deploy!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Nice pick up scoo*B!! Have you rode a vrocker board before??

Has anyone flown with their snowboard(s)?? Looking to go to Colorado Jan/Feb and Southwest has some pretty good deals on tickets. I checked their site and with the 2 free check-in bags, snowboard/ski equipment is covered. But it lists "one snowboard and one pair of boots" Would anyone happen to know how **** they are about it being one snowboard? I was planning on bringing a couple boards :/
Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
I've flown back and forth from colorado and california with my board a few times. You need a board bag though as far as I know in order to get them on the plane. I think the board bag counts as one of your 2 free bags but I dunno.

You can really fill the board bag with whatever you want, I always put my board boots and most of my snowboard gear like helmet and all that fun stuff in the bag as well, just fill it up. Works every time!

btw, boarding colorado is awesome, hopefully we get some good snow here this year although I plan on riding a lot more park this year
Old 09-07-2011, 05:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
I've flown back and forth from colorado and california with my board a few times. You need a board bag though as far as I know in order to get them on the plane. I think the board bag counts as one of your 2 free bags but I dunno.

You can really fill the board bag with whatever you want, I always put my board boots and most of my snowboard gear like helmet and all that fun stuff in the bag as well, just fill it up. Works every time!

btw, boarding colorado is awesome, hopefully we get some good snow here this year although I plan on riding a lot more park this year
I want to hit CO so bad. The bear valley season pass works at a resort out there.

As for flying... its been years since I've done it but I'm pretty sure they do count as one of your two free bags. I would highly HIGHLY advise packing your boards separate from EVERYTHING. I'd get a nice padded board bag and stick some of your ski clothes or a blanket in there with it. Pack the bindings with your boots in another bag. The other option is to hit up a board shop and ask them for one of the cardboard boxes that the boards come in. Usually they'll still have the plastic zipper bags the boards come in too. Try to get both. Then back the box like you would if you were gonna mail it. Those inflatable fillers rip along with at least one layer or bubble wrap. If you don't have the dough for a nice padded bag that's the way to do it. You can do it for like $20 in materials.

But either way... keep your bindings/boots together and away from your board unless you want something busted.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I've flow with a 9'11 longboard. Packed a ton of clothes along the rails to protect it since that's the weakest spot. Only problem I had was they broke the handle off, ripped it from the bag.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone!! I found a thread on a snowboarding forum about the same thing, and everything you guys said about Southwest is what everyone else is saying. Other airlines sound like nightmares. People not getting charged extra for their gear going to their destination, but then getting charged when they're returning home.

Luckily I already have a padded board bag but I'll most likely pick up another one so my dad can use that one. Sounds like if I'm under 50lbs, Ill be good. I want to take 2 boards and bindings, but that can change depending on how the weather is.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:30 PM

And for anyone looking to pick up gear, Nike Clearance stores have been getting pants and jackets for a little while now and I heard they got women's Nike snowboard boots. Haven't heard for sure if men's snowboard boots are coming though
Old 09-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
I was thinking about picking up that Joystick 157. Never ridden a V-Rocker before. Kinda want to test it before I commit.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Car Info: 05 saabaru
We should have a meet somtime this year in South lake.. I will be riding Sierra Tahoe everyday and im sure I can get discount tickets, my sister recently got a job working in their bussiness department. I just recently moved here and absoulutely loving it. Cant wait for snow!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM

Car Info: 07 Shaguar
my poor board hasn't touched ANY snow yet... i bought it at the end of last season and haven't got a chance to ride it

buying a new jacket for sure this season...

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.