rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 12:19 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
It will be a warm 60 on Friday at north star, time tonnage some park fun!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by 04Impreza
Turned the news on just now and caught a story about another snowboarder that fell into a tree well and was stuck for 30mins. He had a helmet cam that caught the whole footage and it took him about 16mins to get to his cell phone which luckily at the same time his wife was calling him. Told her to call ski patrol or he's going to die. About 14mins later he was being dug out and rode the rest of the way done.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ree-crash.html

Gotta be very careful out there everyone.
Damn thats scary, it happened quick. Looks like he got crossed up trying to pick a path and caught an edge by the way he fell.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
You guys seen this??

http://vimeo.com/21629619

Crazy luck on his side @ Squaw Valley.
ok theres cool and then theres retarded...who starts in that spot?! i can see multiple better options than that! get a little run at it and chuck, at least you'd have some carry! those are super gnarly cliffs tho so props for sacking up i guess

sidenote: NORTHSTAR Friday! gonna be in moonshine park all day with my gf and Matt, hit us and join the fun if youre around!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:53 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Just got my new board yesterday, a never ridden 06/07 Never Summer.
Attached Thumbnails rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-dsc_1169.jpg   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-dsc_1171.jpg   rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.-dsc_1172.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:38 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX Sedan
Im heading to squaw tomorrow for about 7 hours of blasting. cant wait!
Old 03-31-2011, 11:40 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
leaving tonight after work
Old 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Man, I am technology retarded... either that or I am having camera issues.

I got one run on the gopro last weekend. Can't tell if the batteries are taking a full charge. I had a bunch of these like 8 second clips up my nose trying to get the thing to work. But I did get one run... and some how I got one photo... WTF.
Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Justin: Nice score on the NS!

Ray: Hopefully, a couple of the GoPro'ers in this thread will chime in. Iirc, getkong uses one. And I think 04caliwrx (Matt) has already picked up a replacement for the one he lost last month.

- - - - - - -

So I see some peeps are heading to Squaw & N*. Anyone gonna be hitting Sierra 2mrw? My nephew & a couple friends decided last-minute to daytrip it there. And I'm hoping to get on the list for one of the 2 free BC tours into the gates. I'm still waiting to hear back fr them after leaving a msg an hour ago.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:32 PM

Car Info: 2009 Subaru WRX Hatchback
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

I got one run on the gopro last weekend. Can't tell if the batteries are taking a full charge. I had a bunch of these like 8 second clips up my nose trying to get the thing to work. But I did get one run... and some how I got one photo... WTF.
check the setting when you turn it on. At the very top of the LCD, above the 001 counter number, the third icon from the left should look like a video camera icon. Make sure that is the icon that is displayed when you hit record. You probably had the camera in another mode when you hit record. I've had the problem when I turn mine on and I accidentally push the menu/power button again, it will change modes so thats probably what happened to you.

instruction manual explains the icons - http://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/...ENG-110110.pdf
Old 03-31-2011, 03:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Do you use one button mode? I thought I had it in one button mode but I'm thinking maybe it wasn't. The picture it took is rad though.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon

GoPro's user interface is really whacked, I had to open up the instruction sheet and read through it line by line a couple of times- and I still usually screw something up trying to get it to work.

I am not much of a manual reader, I usually figure out how stuff works by using it, but I have come to believe I don't think that is possible with the GoPro.

Take some time read through the sheet- all of the functions, even the ones you don't think matter, and do it with the camera in hand, with any luck you will be better at it than I am.

the thing still makes me crazy...
Old 03-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Every Friday till they close in May is $15 at Boreal. I know not everyone likes Boreal, but its $15
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by psoper
GoPro's user interface is really whacked, I had to open up the instruction sheet and read through it line by line a couple of times- and I still usually screw something up trying to get it to work.

I am not much of a manual reader, I usually figure out how stuff works by using it, but I have come to believe I don't think that is possible with the GoPro.

Take some time read through the sheet- all of the functions, even the ones you don't think matter, and do it with the camera in hand, with any luck you will be better at it than I am.

the thing still makes me crazy...

Yeah the button set up is a bit odd to me. Besides the fact that it's hard as hell to find and push the button to turn it on and off with giant gloves on.

I think I'm gonna set up a mount in my car and just go play with it. Figure it out.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 PM

Car Info: '97 Grandpa Gold Jetta
Yeah the button set up is a bit odd to me. Besides the fact that it's hard as hell to find and push the button to turn it on and off with giant gloves on.

I think I'm gonna set up a mount in my car and just go play with it. Figure it out.
Set it so that it beeps with every button touch. That way you know when its turned on, starts recording and stops recording. I haven't tried the one-button record feature, prefer turning it on and then pressing the top button to start/stop recording.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX, 06 Evo IX MR, now 2010 STi
Every Friday till they close in May is $15 at Boreal. I know not everyone likes Boreal, but its $15
I haven't been to Boreal in years but for that price I may just show up there.

Although, by May I might want to start doing some other activities on the weekends.

Pretty much went snowboarding every weekend this year.

Quick Reply: rollcall...snowboarding...you know who you are.