Racist Rant by a UCLA Political Science student

Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
No shenanigans here....

What the **** does her being white have to do with anything? The problem is ignorance, regardless of race.
yep that is racist too.

so is this..

Old 03-17-2011, 03:07 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by PArex
Seriously though, America is one F-ed up place where being rude is standard issue and common courtesy is going extinct.
**** you cracka
Old 03-17-2011, 03:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yep that is racist too.

so is this..

Wait, so someone making a judgement involving their own race is still RACISM?
Old 03-17-2011, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by VRT MBasile
Wait, so someone making a judgement involving their own race is still RACISM?
well yeah of course, ever seen any Chris Rock standup?

furthermore, i think this sums up the fundamental differences in white and black america perfectly.

I hope that clears it all up for everyone.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 PM

Car Info: Fast
What I gather is that making a judgement, stereotype, or general assumption on ANY race is racist...regardless of race.

See how silly this can become? I think everyone needs to take a bong hit and forget about it.

*disclaimer White guy's opinion (damn, is that racist?)* To me it is about a person's intent. People joke with race all the time. It is a topic with a lot of tension behind it, and joking about it can cut the tension. Does it mean you are a racist if you make a joke about someone's race? In my opinion no. Only if you feel anger and hatred towards the people of that race and intend to hurt them with your words. If you are just making a statement then it should just be considered a rude or inappropriate statement. Obviously this is not always the way a person of the "target" race perceives it. There is usually more to the story than what is seen a face value...unfortunately.
*/white guy's opinion*
Old 03-17-2011, 03:57 PM

Chris Rock is incredibly racist
Old 03-17-2011, 04:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
well yeah of course, ever seen any Chris Rock standup?

furthermore, i think this sums up the fundamental differences in white and black america perfectly.

I hope that clears it all up for everyone.
I think I got a minor seizure watching that.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
What I gather is that making a judgement, stereotype, or general assumption on ANY race is racist...regardless of race.
Yes, this is exactly what racism is. It surprises me how much confusion there is on this point. Its pretty simple: If you make judgements or form opinions of people based on race, instead of individually, thats racism.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:41 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
I am totally a racist.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:10 PM
VIP Member

I really wish I still had the harassment videos from work

"You can joke about grape soda, but fried chicken is too far man!"
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Back on topic, I love white chicks.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:56 PM

Yes, this is exactly what racism is. It surprises me how much confusion there is on this point. Its pretty simple: If you make judgements or form opinions of people based on race, instead of individually, thats racism.
And that is why I believe intent and effect has a lot to do with it. You can say something about a race and be accused of being racist when you have no ill will towards them.

I mean let face it; there are some incredibly hilarious racial jokes out there. But telling or laughing at one does not mean you are racist...you might just be dumb or unaware.

Unless you have reason to believe that telling that joke will offend someone. But now we are getting into negligence, and again, stupidity

EDIT: I love white chicks too. But, then, I love all kinds of chicks...cause I am not racist
Old 03-17-2011, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by aboothman
And that is why I believe intent and effect has a lot to do with it. You can say something about a race and be accused of being racist when you have no ill will towards them.
Honestly I totally agree with you.

The fact is racism gets a bit too abstract for a lot of people to grasp, compared to other types of discrimination like sexism or homophobia which are pretty easy to define. Case in point, as i mentioned one of the most offensive things most people think she said, the whole "ChingChongLingLong" BS, wasn't technically racist at all, thats just making fun of a funny sounding language, like if you make fun of a French person saying "huh huh, wee wee!" thats just being an *** hole.

Theres offensive and inoffensive forms of racism. When I ***** about other mexicans (and I do) or when Chris Rock makes fun of other black people, I dont think anyone calls the ACLU. Or of you're white and you say something like "Blacks are better basketball players" its technically racist but I dont think youre going to get a call from Al Sharpton.

The racism that really matters is the type that keeps people from getting jobs, into schools, or getting their *** beat by the police. which is the kind of racism we should all be caring about.

Case in point, I'm not offended at all by seeing some white b**** go on some racist rant, honestly I love see this kind of **** on the internet! Like Overbear said, "Its our right, don't like it, FU!" (paraphrasing) because it really shouldn't matter at all. Seriously, who is really surprised thats theres a racist white girl somewhere? Wheres this surprise and outrage coming from?? And snitching on her to the chancellor?? Lame.

Put it this way, if instead of asians she would have posted a video on youtube about, ohh I dont know, fat ugly girls at UCLA? How they bugged her so much because she was so blonde and pretty and they were all fat and ugly and didnt dress good, and they were everywhere, in the library on the phone and that bugged her and distracted her??

Yeah, that would be a terribly offensive thing to post on youtube, and we would all think she was an *** hole for it, but that would be it! She would just be that shallow b**** at UCLA on youtube, but there wouldn't be a facebook campaign to get her expelled and the chancellor wouldn't have to go on the internet apologizing for the ENTIRE SCHOOL FOR HER! c'mon jeez!!

Anyhow, think I might be rambling a bit now because I just got back from drinking at the St Pattys party here in Northbeach, but just wanted to be clear that if i put too fine a point on the definition of "Racism" earlier its not because I'm really offended by it, its just that the term has become so twisted at this point that people think things that aren't racist are, and things that are racist aren't. And i also went to college for sociology and I hate to feel like my time there was a totally wasted

In any case, ya this chick is being completely racist and ignorant, but in a way that we should all just laugh at and not be offended by. on that note, I hope she does get on Tosh.0, this would be one hell of a web redemption!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by ryball

Yay Homeschool!!

and its not not "wee-hoo" dammit!

Its

Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ryball

Aaaaaaaaawkward.