racing fuel in bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:40 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
I sell it at my work, Monument Car Parts. Comes in a 5 gallon drum.

Concord
Antioch
San Ramon
Tracy
Pleasanton
Livermore
Pacheco
Old 06-29-2005, 02:06 AM

Car Info: FX, GTI, 86
Originally Posted by Indirecked
I sell it at my work, Monument Car Parts. Comes in a 5 gallon drum.

Concord
Antioch
San Ramon
Tracy
Pleasanton
Livermore
Pacheco
HI, how much are they for 5 gallon? can you post the address?
Old 06-29-2005, 02:12 AM

Car Info: Twin WRX Turbo VR-4
Originally Posted by Jaku
HI, how much are they for 5 gallon? can you post the address?
Yeah how much is it for the drum and does every monument carry them? I go to monument a lot, heh.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:39 AM

Car Info: 2004 WRX Wagon
Yup! It sucks. I lived and worked in San Jose. I was so happy when I was moving to Pleasanton last summer because I thought I could get 100 octane easily on my daily commute. But since then, they abandoned the station X_X

Originally Posted by resident smurf
I drive by every day. afaik it's still abandoned.
Old 06-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Ash

Car Info: 02 WRX wgn full STI swap
Wink

Not sure if anyones interested... But I'm thewest coast distributor for torco racing fuels.

The Mach Series Accelerator is an unleaded race fuel concentrate with extreme octane boosting potential.

Test data printed right on the can (measured with93 octane of coarse) is 32oz (one can) with 10gallons of 93 raises to a minimum octane of 104.

There is some talk about this stuff causing an orange build up on spark plugs and o2 sensors. I have been running 16 oz per tank (about 94 octane) for over 25,000 miles and had zero problems. I'm happy to elaborate on this if you like.

It comes in 32 oz cans for $12.50 per can or $70.00 per case of six. shipping is extra or I can bring it to one of the south bay meets.

I've been using this quietly untill I new there would be no ill effects. Shiv tuned my car on it and said, " I didn't get your car to knock once while I was tuning it... I just didn't want to push it any harder."

I feel pretty confident about selling it local now.

Ash
Old 06-29-2005, 04:34 PM

Car Info: 03 WRX
Originally Posted by slagehammer
Yeah how much is it for the drum and does every monument carry them? I go to monument a lot, heh.
5 gallon drum is $42 for 110 and 100 octane and i think all of the stores has them, but if not you can have them transfered to the store and depeding on what time you request the transfer you could have it in the same day.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Ash
Not sure if anyones interested... But I'm thewest coast distributor for torco racing fuels.

The Mach Series Accelerator is an unleaded race fuel concentrate with extreme octane boosting potential.

Test data printed right on the can (measured with93 octane of coarse) is 32oz (one can) with 10gallons of 93 raises to a minimum octane of 104.

There is some talk about this stuff causing an orange build up on spark plugs and o2 sensors. I have been running 16 oz per tank (about 94 octane) for over 25,000 miles and had zero problems. I'm happy to elaborate on this if you like.

It comes in 32 oz cans for $12.50 per can or $70.00 per case of six. shipping is extra or I can bring it to one of the south bay meets.

I've been using this quietly untill I new there would be no ill effects. Shiv tuned my car on it and said, " I didn't get your car to knock once while I was tuning it... I just didn't want to push it any harder."

I feel pretty confident about selling it local now.

Ash
Is this stuff kind to 02 sensors? I ran some other stuff Outlaw and it killed my o2 sensors quick. What kind of car do you have?
Old 06-30-2005, 07:35 AM
Ash

I've got an 02 WRX with stage four equivilant APS parts. I'm cat-less now and running about 18.5-19psi peak from my SR30 and top mount setup.

The worry is the mysterious orange build up on spark plugs and o2 sensors. I recently pulled out the front right plug to inspect about 28k worth of torco and found an orangy brown film thin enough to wipe off with your finger.

I've seen much worse from cars running off the shelf octane boosters with MMT in them.

It seems to me that this stuff works killer and leave almost no trace. You understand that I'm not a scientist... I have tested this as thoroughly as I can before recomending it to anyone. I'm not pushing it... but as soon as it takes off you'll start to see it on shelves of some of the smaller shops for a more reasonable price than online (I hope). I've worked hard with the company to get a good price from them. Trust me when I say I'm not getting rich selling it to I-clubbers for $12 a can.

Ash
Old 06-30-2005, 12:11 PM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
I run Torco all the time and sure you get a little MMT coloration on the plugs and exhaust, but it hasn't hindered anything in oh 30K miles or more.
It sure improves gas mileage(if you aren't on boost all the time) and WOT runs on hot summer days though. Well worth the "why is the soot on your exhaust pipe brown" questions.
One Torco can in a tank produces a noticeable gas mileage improvement.
BTW, if you have a stock ECU map, you can also fill with 87oct and add 2 cans to be close enough to 91 to run well (I wouldn't got WOT on a high temp day though).
Old 06-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Ash

Thanks for the great feedback. Where do you get your's?

Just a note though... If you add 64oz of torco to 87pump gas you'ld be running well over 100 octane. No need to mix that heavy. It's just a waste of the additive.

As I said, I'm tuned for 16oz per fill up (when the light comes on) of 12.5-13 gallons of 91 to hit the 93.5-94.5 octane level. That's $6.00 +/- extra to run good gas all the time.

I bought a couple turbo 108 bottles, dumped them in my work truck and use the easy-pour 16oz bottles to carry torco around. Way easier than two gallon jugs of toluene or a five gallon can of race gas for sure.

cheers
Old 09-12-2006, 01:54 PM

Car Info: 2003 Impreza WRX Sedan Midnight Black Pearl
Shoulda searched