Question... i-clubbers.... community...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 12:40 PM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by the1_thedave
I did have the opportunity to meet a few bay guys at the Vajayjay meet one Wednesday night. Uhm... Ya. We'll just leave that as "Interesting".
Haha you found the wrong group to converse with then!

The best part about the vajayjay meet is that it isn't really a Subaru meet. It's been around for a long time and has moved locations multiple times. It does seem hard for newcomers at the meet because it does get clique-y at times. But when you show up enough and learn to meet all the regulars that come out, you find yourself fitting in more and more.

Last edited by awdorgtfo; 06-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:36 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
I don't know anyone here.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Old 06-23-2015, 02:43 PM
I survived the Mod Challenge and all I got was this lousy title

Car Info: ...zeh car drives you!
Originally Posted by Heedz
I don't know anyone here.
Where is the ban hammer?

Originally Posted by The Law
Street's closed sammich boy, find another way home!
Old 06-23-2015, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by awdorgtfo
Haha you found the wrong group to converse with then!

The best part about the vajayjay meet is that it isn't really a Subaru meet. It's been around for a long time and has moved locations multiple times. It does seem hard for newcomers at the meet because it does get clique-y at times. But when you show up enough and learn to meet all the regulars that come out, you find yourself fitting in more and more.
You mean the newbs made their own clique?
Old 06-23-2015, 10:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I didn't post this to get a pat on the back but I appreciate the appreciation. I posted it just to remind folks that we have a unique situation here.

I personally have made quite a few friends of the year on this forum. People I call friends. People I love. People I'd trust to raise my kids if i was killed. Some of them were at my wedding. Some of them stood with me at my wedding. Guys I snowboard with and trust my secret stashes too... and anyone that's gone with me knows I don't take that lightly.

With BAM coming up I urge any of you that are new to the boards and don't know very many people or you folks that have been around but still don't know many people... take the opportunity to come meet some folks.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
I cant even count how many people ive met off icrub over the years. I have many levels of "knowing" someone from here.

I know a ton of users based strictly off their online persona and have never met them in person.

There are those that I see once a year at BAM for the past six years.

There are those that will show up to our Thurs night meets here and there. Catch up, see whats new and so on.

Then there are a few handfuls that I know really well and would all consider close friends. We all met through subarus, and now hangout on a pretty regular basis on the weekends and what not. I met my roommate thru Subarus and he's been at the house coming up on two years now.

It also helped being so close to DB/FW forever. I would always stop in randomly when I was in Jr College and hang out to bug Paul lol. Still show up to the shop randomly on a day off to grab lunch with them. And now that Travis from Snail has been there, ive met TONS of ppl in the industry when we all went to SEMA together. This year should be a repeat of that haha.
Bring me with you this year... I'll represent GST LOL!

Tell paul to call me. Hopefully they're gonna make it. I love that dude. Wish I could see him more often. I'll be up in Sac pretty soon here and I'd like to spend some time at the shop while I"m there.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:03 PM

Here's another thing. I'm glad I've branched out to the Sac group and the Centeal Valley group when I was in the area. Hell I'll be up at fw/snail and someone will usually come by and say hi.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:32 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Don't really know any of the old/core members here but I have met quite a few people from Iclub and some of them have become friends.

I work on cars 6 days a week so the last thing I want to do is talk about cars during my chill time. That's likely why I haven't built more solid relationships with people from this board. I'd rather shoot pool/drink beer when I'm relaxing.

Then theres the whole smog tech/shop owner deal. Its a huge conflict of interest and I find some people will seek out your friendship only to use you.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 06-23-2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:03 AM
Technical Know-It-All

Car Info: '02 WRX + '15 WRX
Old 06-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Bring me with you this year... I'll represent GST LOL!

Tell paul to call me. Hopefully they're gonna make it. I love that dude. Wish I could see him more often. I'll be up in Sac pretty soon here and I'd like to spend some time at the shop while I"m there.
hit me up when you know your coming and we can make it happen!
Old 06-24-2015, 02:32 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
The problem you have with trying to get to know some of the people on this board better is that you get together once a week with the commonality of a particular brand of car. You talk about the car, talk about general things, current trends and what not, and you go back to your regularly scheduled programs. You do meet people you connect better with and eventually might exchange numbers and start hanging out with them outside of the meets, but I don't know how often that becomes the norm. Ultimately, you end up with a bunch of acquaintances, a handful of friends and one or two really good friends you would call up to hang out with.

It's along the same lines as coworkers. You share the same space with someone everyday, but you don't always open up about the your life and tell them things that you would tell your closest friends or S.O.'s. You might meet some people there that you really connect with and become really good friends, but it's not expected. Mostly they are people you are familiar with, talk to, but in the end you go home to your good friends.
I think this is spot on.

I don't think I have hung out with anyone I've met on i-club outside of a car/subaru related gathering.

But I know I can trust almost everyone.

Just a different circle of friends.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:59 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I think this is spot on.

I don't think I have hung out with anyone I've met on i-club outside of a car/subaru related gathering.

But I know I can trust almost everyone.

Just a different circle of friends.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2000 Legacy GT, 2000 Echo 1989 Camry All-Trac
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
I did meet you at a party one time, so not exactually intentional haha.

But yeah, it's the old problem of trust. That said, I think the comm gives a nice safety net, inasmuch as supporting members and outing the bad apples. Reps can cut both ways.

91vtec helped me put in a steel clutch line when I made a post asking for help, and I always am willing to lend a hand as needed. Another member right now has my old bumper to use as a jig to repair a Cusco lip. I trust I'll get it back if I ask or when he's done.

And I'm yet to have anything bad enough happen to me to speak of, and fwiw don't forsee anything.

Just being a positive presence, online and/or off, lends itself well to liking folks and being liked (gee, imagine that).
Old 06-24-2015, 06:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2010 swp WRX hatch
I have met more I-clubbers than I can count... Wrenched for countless hours... I feel like I have met a lot of people, made a lot of friends, even a few I'd say are my buddies.

I may not have a Subaru anymore, but I'm still doing my part to make sure BAM goes off without a hitch because of the community.

Quick Reply: Question... i-clubbers.... community...