Proof Read My Trial By Written Declaration!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
get an engineering survey of the road. most of the time the speed limit on the survey is higher than the sign. And that's (the survey) is what they go by. good luck!
Old 02-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
http://www.ticketassassin.com

I think anything more would be pushing it. I will look for a engineering report, but it's a school zone though. If the report is higher, and i lose this, I'll request a new trial, this one is in person.

but then again, i really do not want to face off against this cop. He's just a total *******. That street is his domain, he pulls over people ALL the time. 2 other members of the household ahve gotten tickets from him. My mom got a parking ticket when she wasn't parked <where as, i was parked> and my cousin a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road... except, if you were to see the side streets off this street, you'd see that it'd be HARD to get two imprezas to fit, let alone his TRUCK... guy is just plain mean.

But i'm not gonna go off that anymore. I tried to stick to facts.

-Gagan
Old 02-13-2003, 04:26 PM

Car Info: 08 Sti
Good response, heres something for you guys to clarify as well. Make sure you you specify that "according to your speedometer your car was going 30mph as indicated." Meaning that you very well could have been going 25mph ground speed with an incorrect speedometer. (of course the opposite is true too.) Just my .02$
Old 02-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Old School

Originally posted by KnightRider
not to be a **** but your gettin ****ed over no matter what. even if you get this cleared you will pay almost a grand in court fees. my bro has had a similar thing happen, he did get it cleared but he payed almost a grand in court fees. for further references key to not getting a ticket or in trouble with the law, be with white people, its worked for me on about 3 different occasions

o ya and a school zone is 25mph, and you were going 30 so thats a ticket right there no matter what, unless all the kids were behind the fence in which your case they were not.
White people eh? ok

This is trial by written delcaration... there are no court fees.

They were not behind a fence, they were my brother, and 2 cousins... waiting for me in the sidewalk. I think the judge will see that.

30 in a 25 when written up for 22350, is permissable. when written for a 22352, then you're screwed. See that's my basis, it's a 22350 ticket.

we'll see a few weeks.

-Gagan
Old 02-13-2003, 07:18 PM

Car Info: 1993/2000/2001 GF4 mostly red
Originally posted by BAN SUVS
<snip> having never been cited myself...<snip>
DAMMIT! I got ticketed this morning for 70+ in a 65 after getting clocked at 78! Aaaarrrgghhhhh! Stupid karma.
Old 02-13-2003, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by iBlueVirus
get an engineering survey of the road. most of the time the speed limit on the survey is higher than the sign. And that's (the survey) is what they go by. good luck!
'

Uh, no. I'm a junior civil engineer, and the survey would cost more than the fine and 2 years' worth of increased premiums but it might be worth it just to 'win' haha.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Old School

DAMMIT! I got ticketed this morning for 70+ in a 65 after getting clocked at 78! Aaaarrrgghhhhh! Stupid karma.
oh, i'm sorry dude.

-Gagan
Old 02-13-2003, 09:46 PM
Former Vendor

Oh this is the survey they HAVE to do (you don't have to pay for it) every so many years. Oh and get this! If they haven't done it in a while (it's by law they have to do it every so many years), the 'safe' speed limit in the book does not stand. Good luck!

Uh, no. I'm a junior civil engineer, and the survey would cost more than the fine and 2 years' worth of increased premiums but it might be worth it just to 'win' haha.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by iBlueVirus
Oh this is the survey they HAVE to do (you don't have to pay for it) every so many years. Oh and get this! If they haven't done it in a while (it's by law they have to do it every so many years), the 'safe' speed limit in the book does not stand. Good luck!
That just seems odd to me- I have had to reference drawings that were older than my grandparents during my work- and nothing ever changes unless somebody else comes along and wants to build something new. The Cal-Trans street and highway design standards don't change anymore- so I'd really like to know what civil code is requiring new surveys/design studies. That way I can get on the gravy train of repeating work we've already done!

EDIT: Oh, and you're right about the speed limit of the survey. Minimum design speed for residential streets per CT is 30mph, although it may have been 25 back when that street was designed.
Old 02-13-2003, 10:05 PM
Former Vendor

The reason I know is because I got a ticket on 17 before. And I saw the engineering survey in the court room. The speed limit hasn't change much if any thoughout the years. But that's also when I found out that it's a requirement for them to do it.

That just seems odd to me- I have had to reference drawings that were older than my grandparents during my work- and nothing ever changes unless somebody else comes along and wants to build something new. The Cal-Trans street and highway design standards don't change anymore- so I'd really like to know what civil code is requiring new surveys/design studies. That way I can get on the gravy train of repeating work we've already done!

EDIT: Oh, and you're right about the speed limit of the survey. Minimum design speed for residential streets per CT is 30mph, although it may have been 25 back when that street was designed.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:47 PM
Old School

BUMP...

I won this case, it took about 4 months to hear back, but my submission beat the officers.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:41 AM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by joltdudeuc
BUMP...

I won this case, it took about 4 months to hear back, but my submission beat the officers.
Wow, I'd forgotten about it until you bumped it. Glad to hear you won your case!

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-05-2004, 10:05 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Hey. Great to hear you won. The only time I tried to do it in writing I
lost. Did you get anything back from the court that showed how they
based their decision? It would be interesting to see what they thought.
Post it if you got something else other than a "not guilty" from them.
Thanks.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:55 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
where do you find cal trans engineering surveys?

Quick Reply: Proof Read My Trial By Written Declaration!