Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM

Car Info: FR-S + WRB Bugeye.
Yeah a Honda will take it in a drag race for sure, but that's not what the car was built for. I still feel its going to be one of the more exciting cars to drive that are out, granted it is after all, just another car. It's not magic on wheels. But if it get seasoned car magazine authors blood flowing, I'm sure it'll do the trick for me. And in the class of new rwd sport coupes, there's not much in the $30k range. 370z, genesis coupe, I would say V6 mustang and Camaro, but if you buy a V6 muscle car you have problems. The Gen coupe is cool and I almost bought one, but the quality just isn't there, I'm not a fan of the Z, but I love Subaru, and I love the concept of this car. I mean, what other manufacture designed the rear seats to optimize trunk space for an extra set of wheels??! Every video I watch proves skeptics wrong and turns drivers into believers. And Subaru is going to race it in the GT300 series, they don't have wrc anymore so Subaru needs something for their racing heritage.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:52 PM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Originally Posted by subie OCD
Jesus man, your posts are terrible. Half of them are unreadable jibberish (like this one). s seconds?? Take some time on that keyboard and use some proper sentence structure
Sent the post via google voice from smart phone when driving so it does not get everything correct.. Second I'm not tripping. As the OP know I think the BRZ is amazing, I just thing Subaru should have made it with more power..

I hope this "proper sentence structure" is better for you.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
Sent the post via google voice from smart phone when driving so it does not get everything correct.. Second I'm not tripping. As the OP know I think the BRZ is amazing, I just thing Subaru should have made it with more power..

I hope this "proper sentence structure" is better for you.
I have to say, it's getting old hearing people say the car should have more power. Cars DO NOT need more power, they need better drivers.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I have to say, it's getting old hearing people say the car should have more power. Cars DO NOT need more power, they need better drivers.
+1

The car actually looks harder to drive after tuning shops modded them for drifting to.

Easy to drive..

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...FQnyX0C0&gl=US

HKS D1 GT86 looks like its struggling to break loose.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OjzBpvZBSaI

Last edited by Alliedforces86; 03-29-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
I'm getting tired of people saying the car can't use more power. For me I want it's too expensive not to have some more torque. I like torque. Also for a SUBARU BOXER engine, this thing is far from impressive other than its good low end torque relative to its overall # which is still very minimal. It's not a superb example of the boxer by any means. Number 2 what better car to have more power than one built to handle so well?

For me I don't think the car NEEDS more power, for me if I spend 30,000 dollars I want to have some more torque not to win any drag races, but solely for fun b/c I love torque and I'm accustomed to subaru motors delivery high outputs of it, not on the low end of the spectrum.

Thats why there should be a reg, and hopefully an sti model for those who want it.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 03-29-2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:42 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
I've never heard so much *****'n and moaning about a car that someone hasn't even driven yet! Obviously Subaru and Toyota created this car for a certain demographic. They wanted to fill a void for a market that's looking for an affordable, fun sports car. In comparison to other cars in the segment (think Cayman, G37, 3507, 335i) the BRZ will be priced competitively with a greater fun factor it seems.

Sure it doesn't have the power and torque most people crave...but that's not the point. If you wanted that, why not just buy a WRX? This car is a throwback to the AE86 - lightweight, RWD, and affordable (relative to competitor cars). We all know there will be a huge aftermarket that will take care of power/torque - so why fret?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Giibo
I've never heard so much *****'n and moaning about a car that someone hasn't even driven yet! Obviously Subaru and Toyota created this car for a certain demographic. They wanted to fill a void for a market that's looking for an affordable, fun sports car. In comparison to other cars in the segment (think Cayman, G37, 3507, 335i) the BRZ will be priced competitively with a greater fun factor it seems.

Sure it doesn't have the power and torque most people crave...but that's not the point. If you wanted that, why not just buy a WRX? This car is a throwback to the AE86 - lightweight, RWD, and affordable (relative to competitor cars). We all know there will be a huge aftermarket that will take care of power/torque - so why fret?
I want both and I want to keep it relatively stock. Anyways there is an STI model coming confirmed so Ill be waiting for that as I've been waiting for this car the entire time and want a tad more power and some other goodies. I still think the regular car is awesome.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM

Here you go Slow

Name:  87ee7b83.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  52.8 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 07:28 AM

Name:  f3bc7944.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  98.7 KB
I like what I'm seeing here, much of the suspension components have been borrowed from the WRX/STI line. Which means STI bushings already in existence will pop right in, not to mention parts from R205 & R206 could most likely be put on as well if you were so inclined. I wouldn't be surprised if Impreza springs could be swapped in as well. Which I'd imagine have a higher spring rate than the stock BRZ ones. This car is going to be a blast to mod and experiment to see what parts carry over and what don't.

Name:  d25183ae.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  168.0 KB
Name:  2d5e6173.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  53.7 KB

Here's a good body size comparison*

Name:  6a09f435.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  37.5 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Love that last pic. Very enlightening.

-Brian
Old 03-30-2012, 08:56 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
once you take delivery bring it to sac with a set of brembos and rotors and ill machine the brackets and you can have them. i just want the dimensions so i can do a run of them.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by $hane
once you take delivery bring it to sac with a set of brembos and rotors and ill machine the brackets and you can have them. i just want the dimensions so i can do a run of them.
That's a hell of an offer!

-Brian
Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Love that last pic. Very enlightening.

-Brian
didn't think about it before, but that's about an inch or so from the S2K - NICE - I'm sure you're gonna love it!

oh, and it's R205 and S206
Old 03-30-2012, 09:10 AM

Car Info: 90 325is
Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
That's a hell of an offer!

-Brian
unless they bolt right up or the existing brackets out there work
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by $hane
unless they bolt right up or the existing brackets out there work
I'm thinking the calipers are straight off an Impreza. I have an extra set of them laying around so I'm going to test my theory soon after I get the car. I want Brembos on it, at least in the front. But if the rears are also from an Impreza then brackets can be bought, I'll just need rotors . But I'll take you up on the offer if its not a easy bolt on.

Quick Reply: Pre ordered a BRZ Limited today