i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   Post your "professionally tuned" horror stories (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/post-your-professionally-tuned-horror-stories-214589/)

GST Motorsports 01-14-2010 11:14 AM

I think just about every shop that has tuned modified cars will at some point in time have had a setup that for whatever reason does not or did not end up with the results that either the owner or the tuner/shop in question wanted, it does happen.

I know that just about all the tuners/shops locally try their very best to achieve the very best results for their customers and if they are not received try to help out to achieve happiness all round on the long haul.

Threads like these typically end up going off at a tangent and become rants or have an agenda for being started in the first place.

Mike

johndabrit 01-14-2010 11:16 AM

[quote=GST Motorsports;2791014]Threads like these typically end up going off at a tangent and become rants or have an agenda for being started in the first place.[/quote]
= my initial thought. Well said

VRT MBasile 01-14-2010 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=GST Motorsports;2791014]Threads like these typically end up going off at a tangent and become rants or have an agenda for being started in the first place.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they really do just go round and round.

Spoolin415 01-14-2010 11:19 AM

Stupid thread.

On a side note since I think every BA tuner will be looking in here: [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]Ed@EQ, you have PM/email[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]. :wavey:

ipozestu 01-14-2010 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2790973]I'm not going to contribute to any of this Tom Foolery.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Unit 91 01-14-2010 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2791013]

Are you working today?[/QUOTE]

I know you didn't ask me, but yes I am.

VRT MBasile 01-14-2010 11:22 AM

[QUOTE=Unit 91;2791026]I know you didn't ask me, but yes I am.[/QUOTE]

Stick it, Ryan.

ipozestu 01-14-2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2791022]Yeah, they really do just go round and round.[/QUOTE]

touché

I guess Mike's trying to say every rose has it's thorn.

VRT MBasile 01-14-2010 11:29 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2791032]touché

I guess Mike's trying to say every rose has it's thorn.[/QUOTE]

It is a crazy industry for sure, welcome to the jungle my friends.

GST Motorsports 01-14-2010 11:34 AM

[QUOTE=ipozestu;2791032]touché

I guess Mike's trying to say every rose has it's thorn.[/QUOTE]

Well honestly I have had my fair share of builds etc that for whatever reason have not turned out as desired or expected over the 7 years of doing this, am I happy about it? No not at all but I like to think that we do the very best we can at all times and try to work out the undesired situations when they do arise.

It is to some extent the nature of modifying a vehicle, sometimes the result is not what is wanted or what is expected but as in any walk in life ish happens from time to time, as a shop it can be a little tough depending on the customers willingness to work things out obviously that is totally at the customers discretion and is to some extent totally understandable if they wish to move on another direction with another tuner/shop.

People spend their hard earned money and expect results so I can appreciate that and even more so in a poor economic climate, I believe all of the local shops do try their very best to deliver these results at all times.

Mike

ipozestu 01-14-2010 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2791033]It is a crazy industry for sure, welcome to the jungle my friends.[/QUOTE]
Which is why it is so damn hard to get dirty rotten filthy stinking rich doing what these shops do.

Unit 91 01-14-2010 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=VRT MBasile;2791029]Stick it, Ryan.[/QUOTE]
Exactly where?

Oh, I do enjoy where this thread has lead. You're welcome, Mr Brownstone.

boxerfxt 01-14-2010 11:48 AM

[QUOTE=GST Motorsports;2791036]Well honestly I have had my fair share of builds etc that for whatever reason have not turned out as desired or expected over the 7 years of doing this, am I happy about it? No not at all but I like to think that we do the very best we can at all times and try to work out the undesired situations when they do arise.

It is to some extent the nature of modifying a vehicle, sometimes the result is not what is wanted or what is expected but as in any walk in life ish happens from time to time, as a shop it can be a little tough depending on the customers willingness to work things out obviously that is totally at the customers discretion and is to some extent totally understandable if they wish to move on another direction with another tuner/shop.

People spend their hard earned money and expect results so I can appreciate that and even more so in a poor economic climate, I believe all of the local shops do try their very best to deliver these results at all times.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Im always happy with your tuning and gregs oral skills :rolleyes: call me!

ipozestu 01-14-2010 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=Unit 91;2791041]Exactly where?

Oh, I do enjoy where this thread has lead. You're welcome, Mr Brownstone.[/QUOTE]

Me too now pass me some of that cherry pie and GTFO...:lol:

VRT MBasile 01-14-2010 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=Unit 91;2791041]Exactly where?

Oh, I do enjoy where this thread has lead. You're welcome, Mr Brownstone.[/QUOTE]

I don't know.