Post a picture of yourself, the ongoing version!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Yep that was me. Jan 1st I was 242 at 6.1. Now im 195lbs, and now starting to lift.

You can do it man! Just eat every 2 hours to speed up your metabolism (fruit, vegies, lean protein)

And find a sport or activity you enjoy, for me its soccer. I never liked cardio at the gym or plain just running around my neighborhood( even though i did it this time) It just seems like a chore. Sports are the way to go!

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Nice. I need to get back on the train myself. I got up to 265. I'm bouncing between 240-245 right now. Need to get down to about 200-215.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by LOL VTEC
Yep that was me. Jan 1st I was 242 at 6.1. Now im 195lbs, and now starting to lift.

You can do it man! Just eat every 2 hours to speed up your metabolism (fruit, vegies, lean protein)

And find a sport or activity you enjoy, for me its soccer. I never liked cardio at the gym or plain just running around my neighborhood( even though i did it this time) It just seems like a chore. Sports are the way to go!
I hate cardio man. I'm trying to get a new bike built so I can bring it to work. Ride to lunch and what not at work. And I have a trainer at home. I just need to get an extra rear wheel for my mtb. And I have a bowflex. Soon as I get my garage organized I'm hoping to get back to work on that end of things. Eventually if I can afford it I'd really like to do crossfit or get back to playing a sport. Even if it's softball.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
This thread was an awesome way to spend the last hour.

I will post a pic up soon just cant do it from the GOV computer.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
I hate cardio man. I'm trying to get a new bike built so I can bring it to work. Ride to lunch and what not at work. And I have a trainer at home. I just need to get an extra rear wheel for my mtb. And I have a bowflex. Soon as I get my garage organized I'm hoping to get back to work on that end of things. Eventually if I can afford it I'd really like to do crossfit or get back to playing a sport. Even if it's softball.
Right there with ya. I am around 205ish, wanting to get back to 190. I have been planning to bike to work, but it never happens due to my bad time management and other things. Only made it twice. Trying to do "extra stuff" like go for a bike ride or join a gym is never going to happen in my life now that kid2.0 has arrived.

So far the best thing I have found to do is got a backpack that holds my daughter, and go for as long a hike as I can with her on my back. Last time I had her, my 15" macbook and 64oz of water. Some dude was running down with weights in his hand as I was jogging up the hill with my family and desk on my back. Pretty fun. Anyway this backpack has been a lifesaver for me because I can toss her in the car, and get out and on a trail - dirt or path, whatever, and get some exercise where I just couldn't before. My girl tags along until she gets too tired, and then she goes into the pack. She does great but she's only just turned 2 and can't go all that far. I have ended up with her riding on my shoulders but I don't want to trip and fall like that.

Anyway the backpack has been great. It's a Kelty Kids "fc 2.0" and it works well. My wife came along last week with my son in a bjorn, as he's 3mos old now so he can be tossed around a little. My wife said for mothers day all she wants is to go for a hike down in Big Basin with the kids. After a month of this without doing anything else, I have moved down one hole on my belt and trousers that I have not worn in a while fit me better.

Still can't wait to get out on my bike, but I am just trying to work in things where I can get exercise while doing something I would do anyway. To that end, I have a bike trailer for my kids but I need to modify the hitch to attach it to my Ti SyCip frame.

I still want to do softball and whatnot but I have joined a team and a gym and such and then work makes it impossible. My best bet is going to be getting up early and getting out for a run before the family wakes up, but dammit I hate running. One of the best things for me is brisk walking. I do a lot of traveling for work, usually to Chicago, New York, and Reading, UK, and in every case I do a ton of walking and always lose a little weight. Even though I usually drive to work here, I am going to see if I can work in a walk here and there. I tried a combo of Caltrain and my bike, but was annoyed by lots of things, not the least of which that it was considerably more money to ride the train than to drive my car.

Last edited by wombatsauce; 05-08-2013 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Forgot the updated family picture..
Old 05-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Car Info: 2002 wrx
Name:  297979_10151877814282907_385778430_n.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  54.7 KB

Hiking mission peak 1 week after clavicle surgery. Sat in this cave for a while when we got back down...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX
Classic paleo dude photo.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:41 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
The tuna hath arrived
Old 05-09-2013, 12:47 PM
General Pimpin'

YOU HAVE A SYCIP!!!! Lucky bastard. Jeremy makes a killer frame man. I'd kill for one.

Did you ever see the furniture/office stuff he was doing for a while? So sick but so far out of budget. Even on the hook up I couldn't afford it. LOL!

I want a superboy.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:07 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
My friend Toby used to work for SyCip when they where on the pier in SF.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:37 PM
VIP Member

YOU HAVE A SYCIP!!!! Lucky bastard. Jeremy makes a killer frame man. I'd kill for one.

Did you ever see the furniture/office stuff he was doing for a while? So sick but so far out of budget. Even on the hook up I couldn't afford it. LOL!

I want a superboy.
Never did see the furniture stuff, but would like to. Yeah this thing is my favorite of all time. I hope I have it forever. I don't have a fork yet so using this Surly 29er fork as a placeholder to keep the geometry more or less where it should be. Love this thing so much. My plan involves riding it to work tomorrow (10mi each way, easy peasy). I have Maxxis HookWorms on it which are like beachcruiser tires from hell.

Originally Posted by queeg9k
My friend Toby used to work for SyCip when they where on the pier in SF.
Nice. I would really like to check out their setup and maybe bring mine by to say hi some time. Still got some work to do on it.

Here's an older pic from last year when I had the dirt tires on it. Also, dags.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:54 PM
General Pimpin'

If you're gonna be commuting on it get some thinner road tires. Makes a huge difference and they're funner for handling on the road.

When I was doing that before I had two wheel sets. My dirt and my road. I don't like tweener set ups. It's like getting low profile RE92's.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:34 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by Krinkov
they said they would call me back?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
VIP Member

If you're gonna be commuting on it get some thinner road tires. Makes a huge difference and they're funner for handling on the road.

When I was doing that before I had two wheel sets. My dirt and my road. I don't like tweener set ups. It's like getting low profile RE92's.
The HookWorms are basically bad-*** commuter tires. They are a 2.5" tire so the overall diameter is pretty near 30" and you can hit huge bumps with no deal, and take corners like a madman, ride through a hedge, mild jumps, whatever. I use these as my road/commute tires, and the Maxxis Crossmarks on the same rims for dirt - but this bike has not seen much dirt yet. It's actually a bit big for me, but that has been really fun on the road. With the tire diameter and the mountain gearing, it flat out hauls ***. Usually keep up with cars on El Camino, and these tires are just amazing.

I have my single-speed w/ Conti R-ACE kevlar 700c tires since it's a track frame, and holee hell that is not fun to commute on. On smooth trails or the Bay Trail, it's amazing, but I tried commuting on it twice - while I am faster on it, I hit a couple bumps while navigating traffic and road rubbish/leaves/scary drivers and NOPE.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM

Car Info: 2002 Impreza RS, 2005 Impreza RS-20K
Originally Posted by wombatsauce
The HookWorms are basically bad-*** commuter tires. They are a 2.5" tire so the overall diameter is pretty near 30" and you can hit huge bumps with no deal, and take corners like a madman, ride through a hedge, mild jumps, whatever. I use these as my road/commute tires, and the Maxxis Crossmarks on the same rims for dirt - but this bike has not seen much dirt yet. It's actually a bit big for me, but that has been really fun on the road. With the tire diameter and the mountain gearing, it flat out hauls ***. Usually keep up with cars on El Camino, and these tires are just amazing.

I have my single-speed w/ Conti R-ACE kevlar 700c tires since it's a track frame, and holee hell that is not fun to commute on. On smooth trails or the Bay Trail, it's amazing, but I tried commuting on it twice - while I am faster on it, I hit a couple bumps while navigating traffic and road rubbish/leaves/scary drivers and NOPE.
LOOOOOVE Hookworks. if you know what hookworms are, you know what a Scott Voltage YZ is (lime green Timo Pritzel edition) that bike would handle both DJ and street like a charm. Super smooth but still kept that grip. When i was big in Downhill racing and Freeride i was trying real hard to go for a Maxxis team sponsorship or just even the cheaper swag. Maxxis FTW! There was a point where i had Maxxis on all 5 bikes! dont judge. LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 06:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by 02RS25
LOOOOOVE Hookworks. if you know what hookworms are, you know what a Scott Voltage YZ is (lime green Timo Pritzel edition) that bike would handle both DJ and street like a charm. Super smooth but still kept that grip. When i was big in Downhill racing and Freeride i was trying real hard to go for a Maxxis team sponsorship or just even the cheaper swag. Maxxis FTW! There was a point where i had Maxxis on all 5 bikes! dont judge. LOL
See I see them as more of a DJ tire because it's hardpack dirt. And for doing urban stuff... like jumping off of isht.

I like a little smaller tire when I'm commuting. Less rolling resistance. Higher speeds. Fun to carve on. I guess I don't mind bumps too much. I grew up on a BMX and raced dual slalom and even a couple DH events on a cannondale aluminum frame with very little front travel that I usually kept locked out. LOL!

I need a new bike man. I'm gonna rebuild my free agent cruiser but I think I'm gonna sell my azonic and build like a DJ/single track/trail riding ripper.

way thread side track. LOL!

Quick Reply: Post a picture of yourself, the ongoing version!