View Poll Results: Where would you like to have the next meet?
Mt Hammy, like the first 7 years
66.41%
Quarry Lakes in Fremont like last year
10.94%
Your daughter kick my dog and now I'm going to **** her!
22.66%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Please Vote! Pick The Location You Would Have for The 9th Annual Festival Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 10:41 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
that Novato park looks like an excellent option! i would put that spot into consideration planners. The catering idea does sound like a better option to make things more organized
Old 01-18-2009, 10:43 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
ROO's pic description

Shade: Yes
Disabled Access: Yes
Electricity: YesWater: Yes

Jumper/Entertainment Structure Permitted: Yes, bring a generator. Please call 415.499.6388 AFTER making your reservation if you plan to have a jumper or entertainment structure.
Amplified Music Permitted: Yes, bring a generator. Please call 415.499.6388 AFTER making your reservation if you plan to have amplified music.(Regulated)
Pets Allowed: No

30 picnic tables covered by a lighted octagon canopy, built-in rotisserie BBQ with adjacent prep tables and large lighted serving tables. Close to restrooms, softball, volleyball, and horseshoe pit. Horseshoes can be obtained from a ranger by leaving photo ID and credit card; you must bring your own ball for volleyball and your own softball equipment .

dont worry. i have a generator
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
What about Del Valle and other options? It's evident that people don't want to go to QL, why even make this poll?

Should've made one with all the other options and Hamilton if you were gonna make poll.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 2008 subaru AWD stroller...wahaha
Originally Posted by brucelee
You can call it bias all you want, but it's nothing more then the truth. I live in Fremont and have to deal with the cops here all the time. You have no idea how many times Ive been pulled over just based on the fact that I drive the car I drive, even when its stock! :shakes fist in air:

If you want to call that bias, well, the truth is bias I guess.
yes...99% of the cops in fremont are @$$, up their @$$.

alan'09
Old 01-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1newrx
that novato park looks like an excellent option! I would put that spot into consideration planners. The catering idea does sound like a better option to make things more organized
+10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.86
Old 01-18-2009, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
What about Del Valle and other options? It's evident that people don't want to go to QL, why even make this poll?

Should've made one with all the other options and Hamilton if you were gonna make poll.
holy **** jolt

we finally agreed on something

i think the earth just shook!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I knew it, I knew all of you would prefer a location such as Hamilton or Novato over lame *** Quarry Lakes.

I live 3 mins on bicycle away from Quarry Lakes, so you'd think I'd be all for it since it's so easy for me to get there and plan, but I know it doesn't hold a candle to the other parks that we have in consideration. The whole reason I started doing the Mt Hamilton meet in the first place was because its Mt Hamilton! Back then not many of us knew what Mt Hamilton even was and I wanted to change that by gathering our BAIC group and getting everyone out there. The biggest appeal of that location is the road that leads up to the observatory or park. For us to bail on Hamilton, or a place comparable to hamilton, takes the whole purpose of the meet away from what we originally had when we first started these gatherings.

It's not just the road that is appealing, its the beauty of the park itself, the fact that you're in the mountains, and the privacy we get by renting out the campsites (Mansion site and the site behind it).

I know Jourdan did his best to organize the meet at Quarry Lakes last year but no matter who organized it and how well they did it, the place was still some public park in middle of some suburban city... What's that saying... "You can't polish a turd"? Something along those lines.

Also, Roo, THANK YOU for the great pictures!!! That park looks amazing! Only thing that sucks is that I live so damn far away from it which would make planning it much MUCH more difficult.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: .
That park looks amazing! Only thing that sucks is that I live so damn far away from it which would make planning it much MUCH more difficult.
why don't we take a drive up there this week?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc

I wanted to prove to you and mostly Jourdan that members would prefer Hammy/Other option over Quarry Lakes.

There will be another poll with all the options next week or so as I want to get all the options in there. I just wanted to get QL out of the picture once and for all since Jourdan kept pressing me about it.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rescuer
That sounds cool but I can't since my car is in the shop getting repaired after it was raped. Unless you want me to ride with you.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Novato, baby. Lets do it.

I'm willing to help if things stay productive and don't turn into a pissing contest. I don't have pocket money to contribute, but I can help organize vendors and I may be able to get some swag for giveaways/raffles from a well known performance shop.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP Member

That sounds cool but I can't since my car is in the shop getting repaired after it was raped. Unless you want me to ride with you.
my car
Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
holy **** jolt

we finally agreed on something

i think the earth just shook!

Um, we wouldn't even be talking about Quarry Lakes if Jolt and Jourdan weren't all gung ho about it! No one believed me when I said the members would rather go somewhere like Hammy which is why I started this thread with a poll to see what you guys would actually prefer, and no surprise that hammy(or similar) won.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 PM

Also, Roo, THANK YOU for the great pictures!!! That park looks amazing! Only thing that sucks is that I live so damn far away from it which would make planning it much MUCH more difficult.
some of us can help take the reins and help it along

i would meet you gusy there if you wanted. i am sure roo and some other i-clubbers would be willing to mee tup as well

I wanted to prove to you and mostly Jourdan that members would prefer Hammy/Other option over Quarry Lakes.

There will be another poll with all the options next week or so as I want to get all the options in there. I just wanted to get QL out of the picture once and for all since Jourdan kept pressing me about it.
dan i think you are a totally nice guy but that has to be the most immature thing i have ever seen you write on this forum

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Novato, baby. Lets do it.

I'm willing to help if things stay productive and don't turn into a pissing contest. I don't have pocket money to contribute, but I can help organize vendors and I may be able to get some swag for giveaways/raffles from a well known performance shop.
YES!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:12 PM

my car
Coincide it with Bob's trip to LIC and we can all go.

Quick Reply: Please Vote! Pick The Location You Would Have for The 9th Annual Festival Location