Pet peeves about other drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
I completely forgot about the SUV's. I HATE SUV's. It's not even so much that I hate them, it's that the drivers behind the wheels pilot them so poorly.

-Brian
Old 12-03-2003, 08:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 WRX, 2008 Camry
Originally posted by dr3d1zzl3
here is what makes me rage

anyone driving besides myself
ditto.

I takes a lot to push me over the edge but once i do look out.

This thread makes me laugh because i had an incident of road rage today. I was in traffic on a one lane street and the guy behind me decides his in a bigger hurry than me. He pulls into the dirt shoulder to try and pass me! so i cut him off and continue. He then honks his wimpy horn and flashes his lights.

So.....change of plans for me. I follow him onto the freeway and put on my high beams and continue to lay on the supertones non stop for about 4miles.

So people that think they're in a bigger hurry than you are make me pissed BIG TIME. if you're really in a big hurry you'll ride in the dirt if you have to and will make your destination by any means possible.

eric
Old 12-03-2003, 08:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 Silver WRX Sedan, 1982 Corvette Collectors Ed.
I would say the absolute worst thing is:

When driving on the freeway, and when someone doesnt move over to let you by (as in you are driving fastar), then proceedes to speed up as you attempt to pass. This is particularly dangerous when the gap you were attempting to merge into barely was large enough to begin with. Now you have to stomp on the brakes to avoid a rearending.

That's what gets me the most.
Old 12-03-2003, 08:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
yeah another way to say that, robb, now that I'm a bit older and care about more important things:

I used to want to get infront of people who did crap like that just to show them who's boss. Now I just want to get in front of them so I don't have to deal with them anymore... who cares who's boss

jason

[edit] forgot how to spell my name
Old 12-03-2003, 09:25 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Origami posted by mrs.redrex
I'm doing some research about bad driving habits and road rage, so tell me what your pet peeves are.

- What makes you irritated?
- How do they **** you off?
- Are you a road rager?
I think I exhibit some signs of 'road rage' at times. What I really like to do is just let impatient people by me if I can safely move over for them, even if they can pass me on the left. As they go by, I smile and wave. Sometimes they give me a scowl, other times they lay on the throttle and proceed to haul ash down the highway at a ridiculous rate. I think that when I wave at 'em it's sorta immature (because I know it pishes them off), but I get a chuckle out of it just the same.

One of these days I'm going to print a sign with a big yellow happy face that reads Have A Nice Day!, so that I can hold it up when these bozos go by. This will come in handy - I can use it with cops, pretty ladies, cantankerous old farts, carpoolers, pet dogs riding in the passenger seat, etc.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 12-03-2003, 10:35 PM

oh man I do all of those things

hahaha
Old 12-03-2003, 10:46 PM

Car Info: Nadda
-People who don't understand what a merge lane for the freeway is. (catch up.. don't make it there at 40mph)
-Idiot drivers that never look behind when they're reversing out of a parking space. (Stupid ***** revered into me!)
-Drivers who don't stay with traffic flow.
-Those damned trucks that have rocks flying out and bashing into our windshields!
-Guys in Civics muggin' as they drive by you.
-People knockin' loud *** music that I can't even hear myself think.
-SUVs that think they're ferrari's (hah, they think their car can pick up speed somehow)
-People who don't use turn signals and pull in front of you and cut you off, or starts to brake.
-Rich people on cell phones driving some Lexus (or other) going 60mph.

All I can think of right now...

-Oh, and idiots who keep peelin' out at the scooby meets thinkin' they're the bad asses.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:55 PM

Car Info: civic
big cars, tiny itty bitty soccer mom.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:58 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
People who accelerate very very slowly... Especially on onramps...

People who try to pass traffic via going around to the right (Hello! Get in line please like the rest of us and wait your turn, cause you sure as hell aint gonna cut in front of me when you catch up to the slower traffic that we are all waiting to get past...)
Old 12-04-2003, 12:54 AM

Car Info: WRB '02 WRX
okay,
we all hate the ones that think signaling is optional, and the wackos that enter freeway traffic at 40 mph, but here are three that get my personal goat:

Any car sweeter than my WRX being driven by an obvious nincompoop. Ya just wana smack 'em.

Any vehicle over 6000lbs that isn't a comercial vehicle. (I realise that this makes me an almost continuously bitter grouch, but I really think that this SUV/Huge Truck thing we've got goin' on in our car culture right now is just sad, sad, sick, and also sad.)

People who don't have the nerve to pass another car at their ACTUAL speed. That is, they fly along at 70, and then slow down to barely crawl by some slob goin' 45. (But boy, they speed right on up if you go and pass THEM...)

As to road rage, I have my own version: I editorialize and impersonate. I generally behave well in trafic (okay, I follow a little close sometimes...its the gearing, I swear!) but if you could hear the inside of my car, you'd either crack up or kill me.
I think a lot of the passion of road rage comes from the fact that we're all at each other's mercy out there. Anger often comes from helplessness.

Someone said that once,
I think.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:08 AM

Car Info: 2002 subaru impreza WRX
oooo.... oooo.... my turn.... women.... they always seem to be the one's tailgating, changing lanes without signaling, and what ever else you guys just mentioned... ladies please dont hurt me... or my car... oh i drive a white wrx... ... with a spoiler...
Old 12-04-2003, 06:03 AM

Car Info: 2010 370z Roadster, 2008 Frontier CrewCab
Angry

4x4's with 8" lift kits and oversize tires. They kick up rocks and gravel everywhere!
Old 12-04-2003, 08:02 AM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
i agree with most everything that people have said, except for sisqo, but we'll get to that in a second. what really gets me is people who drive with their head up their *** (talking on cell while driving), and people who get pissed of at you when they're the one driving like a total jackass. i kill people that try to pull that last one.

sisqo, the mentality that you have is the one that causes so many problems on the roads. "he wanted to be going faster than me, so I cut him off and made him go the speed that I wanted to go. nobody should be allowed to go faster than ME. the world revolves around ME and no should be able to belittle my ego by getting anywhere fastAr than ME."

these are the people in the fast lane going 70 MPH with ten people behind them and no one else on the road. these are the people driving five miles an hour under the speed limit on a two lane road with twenty cars behind them, who keep driving right by turnout like they're only for emergencies.

what it comes down to is not being a SELFISH BASTARD. someone wants to drive fastAr than you? great!! let them do it!! if YOU were in the same situation, wouldn't YOU want to be able to get by and not have to go slower than you want to? or do you think it's safer to not let them by and have people tailgating you and getting pissed off at you? so put your gigantic ego aside and let people at whatever speed THEY want, just like you would like to be able to drive at whatever speed you want.

Quick Reply: Pet peeves about other drivers