Paul Walker dead in car accident..... RIP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Moist IT Outsourcing Services

Car Info: Mahindra Tractor

feel factory
Old 12-06-2013, 09:24 PM

Car Info: Nadda
^^Touching.

Reminded me that I saw a colleague's facebook post.

So when I parked at Staples to walk to Costco, the lot was empty. After an hour I return to my car only to find yellow caution tape and other "sports" cars parked all around me. It was like a scene from the movie Fast and Furious! Sure enough when I asked one of the guys what was happening, he said this is a tribute to Paul Walker . I said, "Well I guess my car doesn't qualify." He replied, "We can trick it out for you." Have a feeling this is going on in quite a few cities.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:07 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Name:  GzlsAty.png
Views: 1
Size:  240.8 KB

****ing onions
Old 12-13-2013, 02:13 PM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Old 01-03-2014, 01:45 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Paul Walker Full Autopsy Report: 100 MPH, No Drugs | HEAVY (Full Article)

"The full autopsy report on the November 30 crash that killed Paul Walker has finally been released, revealing that the actor suffered horrific injuries caused by extreme heat after the passenger side of the vehicle burst into flames. It also reveals that the race-car-like Porsche Carrera GT in which he and driver Roger Rodas were riding was traveling at "unsafe" speed — 100-plus mph."
Old 01-03-2014, 01:59 PM

That thing sucks because the car did not hit a tree and burst into flames, it was like a minute before the flames erupted. I mean car accidents happen, I'm more wanting to know why the car erupted so badly and what part lead to the leaking fuel. I mean it's pretty goddamn messed up to survive a heinous impact, but to be killed from fire.

It doesn't really seem like we take fire prevention seriously and could have way better systems but instead manufactures cheap out because its a numbers game. I just saw a fatal car accident fire on the 5 recently and thought about the fact a lot of the bad accidents do seem to involve fire. What gives.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
That thing sucks because the car did not hit a tree and burst into flames, it was like a minute before the flames erupted. I mean car accidents happen, I'm more wanting to know why the car erupted so badly and what part lead to the leaking fuel. I mean it's pretty goddamn messed up to survive a heinous impact, but to be killed from fire.

It doesn't really seem like we take fire prevention seriously and could have way better systems but instead manufactures cheap out because its a numbers game. I just saw a fatal car accident fire on the 5 recently and thought about the fact a lot of the bad accidents do seem to involve fire. What gives.
If memory serves me correctly (might not)... they don't have the same emergency fuel cut that most normal cars do. So once the fire started it just kept getting fed new fuel.

Good thing from what I've read is that he was dead on impact or pretty soon after. Burned to death while awake... not pleasant. Hopefully he didn't wake up.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Car Info: 2004 STI
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
That thing sucks because the car did not hit a tree and burst into flames, it was like a minute before the flames erupted. I mean car accidents happen, I'm more wanting to know why the car erupted so badly and what part lead to the leaking fuel.
I think the fuel filler neck broke after the first impact, then fuel sloshed out of the fuel tank. The fuel filler is on the passenger side, you can see much of the fire (in the video) was on that passenger side.

It took a while for the fire to take off because the fuel needed to mix with air to become combustible. After enough fuel vapor and air mixed, any heat source or spark could have set off the inferno.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
If memory serves me correctly (might not)... they don't have the same emergency fuel cut that most normal cars do. So once the fire started it just kept getting fed new fuel.

Good thing from what I've read is that he was dead on impact or pretty soon after. Burned to death while awake... not pleasant. Hopefully he didn't wake up.
Coroner found soot in Walker's trachea, none in Rodas'. Walker took at least one breath after the car caught fire, I don't think he was alive during the big fire, but maybe while some oil was burning or bodywork was touching a hot header (right before the flames erupted).

The coroner's report on Rodas is even more gruesome than I thought it would be. Not to make a joke, but he really took the brunt of the impact. I hope neither of them felt pain before they died.

Paul Walker-Roger Rodas autopsies - Documents - Los Angeles Times
Old 01-03-2014, 07:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by jdblock
Coroner found soot in Walker's trachea, none in Rodas'. Walker took at least one breath after the car caught fire, I don't think he was alive during the big fire, but maybe while some oil was burning or bodywork was touching a hot header (right before the flames erupted).

The coroner's report on Rodas is even more gruesome than I thought it would be. Not to make a joke, but he really took the brunt of the impact. I hope neither of them felt pain before they died.

Paul Walker-Roger Rodas autopsies - Documents - Los Angeles Times
just scanning through that link now.

Pretty gnarly. Kind of sucks that all of that information is available to the public. I wouldn't want my family to have people talking about that in public if it was me dead.

It said scant soot and some frothy liquid. Kind of sounds like he gurgled or took a final breath. Really hope the poor dude didn't feel anything man. Didn't sound like they found any damage to the lungs.

Sounds like Roger died on impact considering the way the base of the skull was fractured so at least his family and friends can take some form of peace in knowing for sure he didn't feel anything at all. Pretty much the same thing that happened to Dale Earnhardt.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
The autopsy reports were actually quite educational. I feel lucky to have been able to read them.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
The autopsy reports were actually quite educational. I feel lucky to have been able to read them.

I can see that. They were interesting. But you can read reports all over the place that don't have names attached to them.

This one has 2 names and 2 families attached to it. Just seems messed up to think about people reading that and bringing it up where the families can read it. Several times in my life I've considered reading my mom's and I can't bring myself to ask for it. It's pretty clear what happened. I don't think I'd want to think of my dad, friend or significant other breathing while he's burning to death or having his brain smashed out of his skull as his head damn near snapped off. Pretty gnarly reading it.

Just feel bad for those directly attached to these two guys. That's all.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I can see that. They were interesting. But you can read reports all over the place that don't have names attached to them.

This one has 2 names and 2 families attached to it. Just seems messed up to think about people reading that and bringing it up where the families can read it. Several times in my life I've considered reading my mom's and I can't bring myself to ask for it. It's pretty clear what happened. I don't think I'd want to think of my dad, friend or significant other breathing while he's burning to death or having his brain smashed out of his skull as his head damn near snapped off. Pretty gnarly reading it.

Just feel bad for those directly attached to these two guys. That's all.
I feel ya, man. Maybe it's because I'm in the medical field, I've learned to distance myself from patients/subjects and just take things like these autopsy reports at face value. What makes it especially (morbidly) fascinating is knowing the story behind the report.

Plus it's not everyday that someone posts an autopsy report for me to read so conveniently.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:40 PM

Some people might read those reports for the morbidness. Me, it kinda brings a reality to how fragile things are. If those two were good friends of mine I would want to know what happened too. Guess its my perverted sense of humanity. I'd rather not be Nerfed from what is real.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
I agree.

Quick Reply: Paul Walker dead in car accident..... RIP!