omg... dude on freeway.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 11:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I hope the guy makes it. I told chp to give my info to the guy that hit him. Guy needs to know there is nothing he could have done.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:08 AM

Car Info: N/A
Wait so there was a guy on foot that got hit on the freeway?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
General Pimpin'

Yeah.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
That's so crazy, I would freak if I hit someone.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
damn thats crazy

Great job at what you did!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
Whoa! Hope every ones ok! Had this happen in Brentwood... Guy was walking in the middle of hwy 4 bypass, he wasn't as lucky though..
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
rok

Car Info: 20 Tesla Y LR AWD
^ same in SF. couple weeks ago saw a yellow tarp and chps on the side of the freeway. it happens more than you think.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Damn dude that's crazy!!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:37 AM

Car Info: 2011 WRX hatch gray
Good on OneMan for helping the dude...

But really? the guy was trying to get hit? Um... that's one selfish dude trying to get someone else to unintentionally kill him. Putting murder on some innocent person is BS to the extreme.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 2004 wrx wagon,07 gsxr 600, 09 GSXR 750
+1 for a good human being!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:44 AM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Good job ray

Some old man died on 280/westborough area within the last week - was trying to cross freeway at 5am got hit by a car, car driver fled the scene though
Old 04-12-2011, 10:50 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Dayum, Ray! That is NUTS! Mucho props for responding as you did, bruddah. Yesterday, I was just looking up info on getting re-certified for CPR @SportsBasement myself.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Wow, I thought I was the only one that stopped for stuff like this.

If I see something like that (accident blocking lanes, Subie driver in need, stalled car blocking lanes, etc) I try to help out if I have a lot of time to spare. And if I have to use my car as a roadblock, I (obviously) turn on the hazards, and take out my waterproof LED flashing red bike taillight and tape it to the rear to warn drivers. And if it's something very serious like an accident, I call CHP or local emergency services.

And then proceed to help if I can. I know it's risky, but it's an awful feeling knowing that one could have done something. I have tow straps for medium-length towing and other random miscellaneous emergency stuff in my car for stuff like that.

Great job on saving someone's life. As for CPR, I was BLS certified some months ago. I know CPR now, but thankfully, haven't needed to use it.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Wow, I thought I was the only one that stopped for stuff like this.

If I see something like that (accident blocking lanes, Subie driver in need, stalled car blocking lanes, etc) I try to help out if I have a lot of time to spare. And if I have to use my car as a roadblock, I (obviously) turn on the hazards, and take out my waterproof LED flashing red bike taillight and tape it to the rear to warn drivers. And if it's something very serious like an accident, I call CHP or local emergency services.

And then proceed to help if I can. I know it's risky, but it's an awful feeling knowing that one could have done something. I have tow straps for medium-length towing and other random miscellaneous emergency stuff in my car for stuff like that.

Great job on saving someone's life. As for CPR, I was BLS certified some months ago. I know CPR now, but thankfully, haven't needed to use it.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. Everyone things someone else will do it. I stopped at one gnarly accident back in 98'. There was a dead guy in the highway and another one wrapped around the back tire of a car. That car had an umbrella sitting on the trunk. Like someone stopped and freaked and bounced. I was there talking to the girl wrapped around the tire for over 20 minutes before emergency help came so it makes you wonder how long they were there.

This is the second pedestrian hit on the freeway I've seen. The other one was a mess. Got hit by a big rig running from the cops. Lower leg came off.

In this situation... don't get me wrong. I didn't really DO anything. I tried to stop it from happening but it happened anyways. CHP and Paramedics did all the work once they got there. I just made sure he was alive and stable and that no one else got hit. And you are 100% correct with this guy. Very selfish. That was my first thought when I saw him... get him off the freeway before he causes a wreck. Now this dude gets hit and there are at least people that will be very effected by this. The guy that hit him and the girl that nearly did. Along with the motorcyle that clipped him. That's not counting the 100 cars that nearly hit the him.

As for helping others... I plan on expanding my emergency supplies and including a cpr barrier... a couple actually. I already carry a box of nitrile gloves at all times along with sanitizer and a sharpe knife and 2 flash lights.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah, it's unfortunate. Everyone things someone else will do it. I stopped at one gnarly accident back in 98'. There was a dead guy in the highway and another one wrapped around the back tire of a car. That car had an umbrella sitting on the trunk. Like someone stopped and freaked and bounced. I was there talking to the girl wrapped around the tire for over 20 minutes before emergency help came so it makes you wonder how long they were there.

This is the second pedestrian hit on the freeway I've seen. The other one was a mess. Got hit by a big rig running from the cops. Lower leg came off.

In this situation... don't get me wrong. I didn't really DO anything. I tried to stop it from happening but it happened anyways. CHP and Paramedics did all the work once they got there. I just made sure he was alive and stable and that no one else got hit. And you are 100% correct with this guy. Very selfish. That was my first thought when I saw him... get him off the freeway before he causes a wreck. Now this dude gets hit and there are at least people that will be very effected by this. The guy that hit him and the girl that nearly did. Along with the motorcyle that clipped him. That's not counting the 100 cars that nearly hit the him.

As for helping others... I plan on expanding my emergency supplies and including a cpr barrier... a couple actually. I already carry a box of nitrile gloves at all times along with sanitizer and a sharpe knife and 2 flash lights.
In a pinch, a nitrile glove can be used as a CPR barrier. Bite/cut off the tip of the middle finger of the glove, then shove it into the victim's mouth and wrap the band of the glove over his lips. One of the best tips I ever got when I was a lifeguard.