The official BAIC tattoo thread: Post pics here!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
The official BAIC tattoo thread: Post pics here!

Lets see pics of your work as well as the story behind each piece, as well as work that you think is great (doesn't have to be your tattoo).

Here's mine: Its the old school German iron eagle that represents strength/power, and the eagle is grasping the pre-WWII Croatian coat of arms which also represents strength/loyalty/pride. It's basically my family coat of arms that I created since I was born in Germany and grew up there, but my blood is 100% Croatian... There's a lot more to it than that and I could go on for about an hour with my families history, but I wont bore you.

It took over 9 hours of constant ink broken down into two sessions of 4.5+ hours each, then a small touch up session months after it was done. First session was a pain in the ***, but second session wasn't so bad since I got used to the pain. Will be getting another one soon, I have two ideas in my mind but am going to sit on the idea for a while to make sure its what I really want. A lot of folks get a tattoo and regret it a year or two later... I will never tire of my tattoo since it means so much to me and has very deep roots within my family, I'm very proud to have it.

And for tattoos that I think are just plain out BAD ***, here are two: (I'd never get them, but they are AMAZING!)

and the limbs to go with that chest piece:

And this one is sick as hell too! All that detail and work is AMAZING!

Post your stuff!
Old 06-06-2008, 03:09 PM

And for the retarded tattoo award:

This guy got gun shots tattoo'd onto him:

Yes, that's a 100% real tattoo. There's a story to go with it but I can't find it now

and this will land you a job really quick... He better get used to wearing turtle necks to work!

Old 06-06-2008, 04:13 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
There's a couple I want and plan to get once out of tech school or out of BMT. Both below are air force themed tattoos because of I'm very proud of the heritege. There are a couple others aside from the USAF theme beneath them.

"One Over All"

- OR - not sure which one I want yet...although I love the skull style on the one below

This one with out the beret because the beret is ment for security forces and not to be disrespectful towards those who are/were, but I'm not interested in becoming security forces.

This without the island behind it, because I am partially guamian, but not sure what I want for the italian side of me.

Still also trying to find the right oriental dragon for my grandmother that passed away last year. She was italian, born in China and really appreciated chinese art and their culture...not to mention the food

Last edited by Hatteroo; 06-07-2008 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
i really like your iron eagle tattoo brucelee. something represents so much and very clean, simple. nice.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:01 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I came up with the concept in port overseas. I couldn't draw for ****, so I asked the artist to draw it up.

I've always liked hammerheads

Name:  Mytattoo1.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  30.5 KB

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 06-07-2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:07 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
I have a big one across my back. makes me look gangster but it is really fam tradition. I will post as soon as i can.

+1 cool thread, great idea
Old 06-07-2008, 10:02 AM

Car Info: A stupid R32

COBRA! Because I have been a GI Joe fan...or more a COBRA! fan all my life...I decided to get it in the same place as my favorite character Storm Shadow. On the left side of my chest. Needs touch up now though, since it has grown over the years.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:34 AM

Car Info: 05 WRB STi
I still need to get color and outlines for these, but you get a good idea.

A different take on the traditional "Rose of No Mans Land"

The stars on this one are a little to "Nor-Cal" for me so they are getting filled in black. Lots of work left.

I have one ready for my right arm, hopefuly these will all be finished befor the end of the year.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wimprezax06
i really like your iron eagle tattoo brucelee. something represents so much and very clean, simple. nice.
Thanks man! I really appreciate that! Its good to see someone appreciates it.

There are a lot of idiots on this planet, so sometimes I get the whole **** lecture to which I roll my eyes to and have to explain why they are idiots.

THIS is the **** eagle:

The iron eagle I have has been around faaaaaaaaaaaaar before the **** party was even a glimmer in someones eye.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:43 PM

Car Info: 04 Forester XT/96 Brighton Project
Originally Posted by brucelee

There are a lot of idiots on this planet, so sometimes I get the whole **** lecture to which I roll my eyes to and have to explain why they are idiots.

THIS is the **** eagle:

The iron eagle I have has been around faaaaaaaaaaaaar before the **** party was even a glimmer in someones eye.
That sucks that people are so ignorant to not even know the difference. Kinda the same thing with the iron cross, which was PRE-WWII and PRE-WWI, but everyone associates german heritage with **** stuff
Old 06-07-2008, 01:56 PM

Car Info: '05 OBP STi / e36 Dinan M3 / DRZ400-SM / '09 250R
nice tats!

I have two large ones I've been planning for years, but haven't scheduled time for yet. Found the artist now tho, so... soon!
Old 06-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 06 GDB dirty white
Originally Posted by brucelee

THIS is the **** eagle:

"SEE THIS?! IT MEANS NOT WELCOME"
(btw i am not racist, its just a quote from AHX)
Old 06-08-2008, 02:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 07 Car
Originally Posted by Eckshero
"SEE THIS?! IT MEANS NOT WELCOME"
(btw i am not racist, its just a quote from AHX)
Best Movie EVAR
Old 06-08-2008, 09:38 AM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro
On my right calf (inside) (attached)

Its a chainring tatoo, the exact size and shape of the chainring from my Superlight (may she RIP!), and in the exact location it occurs. Its a mountain bike thing
Attached Thumbnails The official BAIC tattoo thread: Post pics here!-photo.jpg  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mcowger
On my right calf (inside) (attached)

Its a chainring tatoo, the exact size and shape of the chainring from my Superlight (may she RIP!), and in the exact location it occurs. Its a mountain bike thing
Ha! That's pretty clever... I can't count the amount of times I was given a temporary tattoo from my chain ring... lol, but mine usually involves blood, but so did your tattoo, so I guess it works out. lol

Quick Reply: The official BAIC tattoo thread: Post pics here!