The Official: All Things Phone Thread - Page 5 - i-Club

Go Back  i-Club > Regional Forums > Bay Area
The Official: All Things Phone Thread >

The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Notices

The Official: All Things Phone Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 AM
  #61  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Yeah she was extremely pushy in trying to get me to buy stuff. First was for a case that I really don't need, then she pushed hard for the insurance, then for a deal with Galaxy Tablet/iPad 2, and then finally trying to get me to get U-Verse.

After all those attempts failed, she basically brushed me off and said she couldn't do anything. I didn't feel like calling out her manager about it so I just left.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 AM
  #62  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by rau View Post
And that's what is ****ing wrong with salespeople. "What am I getting out of it" mentality needs to ****ing go. She had all the power in the world to do it now regardless if you bought something or not.
Seriously.. I hate that ****.

10 days... really... they should be happy they are getting a repeat customer...
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
  #63  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Haha I came back today and got a new salesperson but the same one from yesterday was still there. And he just straight up sold me the phone right in front of her. That's what she gets.

Loving the phone by the way. This screen is freaking awesome. I need to get familiar with the phone first before I try to root it.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 10:53 PM
  #64  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
I wouldnt mind playing around wiht the note. Its a beast (in size and performance)
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 PM
  #65  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Yeah I can barely reach the A and Q on the keyboard with one hand lol.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:10 AM
  #66  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
is it running 2.3.5 or .6? or 4.0
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 AM
  #67  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
2.3.6 right now. So how do you turn off 4G? I went to network settings but couldn't find it anywhere.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
  #68  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Jodice112 View Post
2.3.6 right now. So how do you turn off 4G? I went to network settings but couldn't find it anywhere.
Yours is GSM phone right?

Im CDMA, but mine is:
settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > network mode > a) CDMA/LTE b) CDMA Only
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
  #69  
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
queeg9k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cheesesteakville
Posts: 6,728
Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Gingerbread on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket has appeared to stall DURING the software update. Started the update this morning at about 7:00 and the screen has not changed. Should I try shutting it off during the update? Should I pop the battery out? Will either of those options brick my phone?

Also I lift my boycott of this thread, it is ok I guess.
queeg9k is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
  #70  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by queeg9k View Post
Gingerbread on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket has appeared to stall DURING the software update. Started the update this morning at about 7:00 and the screen has not changed. Should I try shutting it off during the update? Should I pop the battery out? Will either of those options brick my phone?

Also I lift my boycott of this thread, it is ok I guess.
Is it downloading the OTA or installing the OTA?

Because you will download the install file, where you can keep using your phone. But when the install happens, you phone will shut off and reboot to install the file (prolly a black screen with a yellow status bar).

Also:
Did you root the phone?
Did you freez any stock bloatware?
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 12:32 PM
  #71  
Moist IT Outsourcing Services
 
rupees88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indian Ocean
Posts: 5,332
Car Info: Mahindra Tractor
Originally Posted by Jodice112 View Post
2.3.6 right now. So how do you turn off 4G? I went to network settings but couldn't find it anywhere.
You can get the LTE Switch from the app market. It's free if I remember correctly. Takes you right to the page that stupidchicken was referring to.

There might be other apps specific for the Note.
rupees88 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM
  #72  
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
 
queeg9k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Cheesesteakville
Posts: 6,728
Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03 View Post
Is it downloading the OTA or installing the OTA?

Because you will download the install file, where you can keep using your phone. But when the install happens, you phone will shut off and reboot to install the file (prolly a black screen with a yellow status bar).

Also:
Did you root the phone?
Did you freez any stock bloatware?
Not rooted nor did I freeze any bloatware, it downloaded the update and than prompted me to restart to allow the update to load. After I restarted, it is frozen at the update loading screen. I am on the phone talking with at&t they want to warranty it with a refurbished one. Why should I have to get a refurbished "farted on" phone? The thing is only like 40 days old, just send me a brand new one!
queeg9k is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 PM
  #73  
Churro Aficionado
Thread Starter
iTrader: (38)
 
stupidchicken03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: IG - @thomas.teammoist
Posts: 54,219
Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by queeg9k View Post
Not rooted nor did I freeze any bloatware, it downloaded the update and than prompted me to restart to allow the update to load. After I restarted, it is frozen at the update loading screen. I am on the phone talking with at&t they want to warranty it with a refurbished one. Why should I have to get a refurbished "farted on" phone? The thing is only like 40 days old, just send me a brand new one!
well hell, if they are going to do it under warranty anyways...

Try a battery pull for ****s n giggles
stupidchicken03 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
  #74  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Originally Posted by rupees88 View Post
You can get the LTE Switch from the app market. It's free if I remember correctly. Takes you right to the page that stupidchicken was referring to.

There might be other apps specific for the Note.
Tried it and a few other but all they did was leave me on the network page with no LTE option. Well there isn't LTE here anyway so I don't know how bad my battery is being drain. But this phone sucks battery like a ***** sucks ****.

Yesterday by around 7pm I had 10% battery left. Semi-heavy usage for 10 hours. 35% of my battery was drained by the screen and 36% by the internet

Last edited by Jodice112; 02-22-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Jodice112 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 02:10 PM
  #75  
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
 
Jodice112's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, Ca
Posts: 3,334
Car Info: '06 WRB STi
Jodice112 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official: All Things Phone Thread


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.