Round 2:
#37 [Traded to KC for pick #28]

Round 3:
#68 Will Redmond (CB) - Mississippi St.

Round 4:
#105 [Traded to KC for pick #28]
#133 Rashard Robinson (CB) - LSU

Round 5:
#142 Ronald Blair (DE) - Appalachian St.
#145 John Theus (OT) - Georgia
#174 Fahn Cooper (OT) - Mississippi

Round 6:
#178 [Traded to KC for pick #28]
#207 Jeff Driskel (QB) - Louisiana Tech
#211 Kelvin Taylor (RB) - Florida
#213 Aaron Burbridge (WR) - Michigan St.

Round 7:
#249 [Traded from KC for pick #28] Prince Charles Iworah (CB) - Western Kentucky

Undrafted Rookies
Blake Muir (OG) - Baylor
Alex Balducci (DT) - Oregon
Darren Lake (DT) - Alahama
Jered Bell (S) - Colorado
Demetrius Cherry (DT) - Arizona State
Bryce Treggs (WR) - Cal
Kevin Anderson (LB) - Stanford
Lenny Jones (DE/OLB) - Nevada
Jay Fanaika (DE) - Utah
John Lunsford (K) - Liberty
Devon Cajuste (WR) - Stanford

Last edited by The Law; 10-17-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Buckner I get. Solid pick.

Trading up to get Garnett was stupid as hell. They need those picks. That dude probably would have still been available with their 37th pick. And if not Jason Spriggs would have been. Stupid trade in their situation. They need all the players they can get and they through 3 extra picks in the trash. Stupid.

Seriously. WTF is this franchise thinking. And now they're stuck with CK7 who is garbage and they still need help all over the damned place.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:28 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
First reg season game ill be watching in Hawaii
Old 04-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
First reg season game ill be watching in Hawaii
I'd assume you'd be too drunk at that point in time
Old 04-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Probably, cuz its also my Bday
Old 04-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Bad Mudder Trucker

Car Info: 2013 Forester on Towstrap
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Probably, cuz its also my Bday
I would have gone the week of the wedding to celebrate my bday there but other priorities came up first that took away my vacation time plus funds.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:21 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Buckner I get. Solid pick.

Trading up to get Garnett was stupid as hell. They need those picks. That dude probably would have still been available with their 37th pick. And if not Jason Spriggs would have been. Stupid trade in their situation. They need all the players they can get and they through 3 extra picks in the trash. Stupid.

Seriously. WTF is this franchise thinking. And now they're stuck with CK7 who is garbage and they still need help all over the damned place.
Garnett was not going to be there at Pick 37. Look who the Seahawks took with their pick and what position he plays (or is likely to play for them).

Remember this past year that Jordan Devey and Andrew Tiller (along with the rest of the O-Line) were a freaking sieve.

Last edited by JelloChex; 04-29-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I say it's good they selected more "ready" players. The lines need people who can hold the fort down, good to see they improved those spots first. IMO always work from the inside out.

Just going to be interesting to see how CK7, if he plays, in Chip's system. The pieces were not bad, I still think Baalke has another year since it's a transition to a new regime.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:42 PM
General Pimpin'

Here's my run down on it...

1. Buckner. Great pick. Has the potential to be one of the better players in the draft out of the gate. He'll contribute right away.

2. I don't like them trading up for Garnett. I don't think he's a very good pass blcoker. But I get it... he's supposed to be pretty quick so if they're sticking with CK7 he might make sense. He's more of a run blocker though.

3. Redmond. I wasn't a big fan of this pick at first but this dude has serious upside. If he gets back to where he was before he got hurt he could make some big time plays. He's put 40 times down under 4.4. He's a little small... says 6 foot but he's barely 5'11 and I think weighs about 180. But that knee injury was no joke.

4. Robinson. Good pick at this slot. He's got off field issues but if they can control him he's got as much upside as redmond does. Little slower but he's longer. I think he's a better NFL corner. They basically drafted 2 DB's that could be projects and are just as likely to miss as they are to hit. Not sure why. Dude needs to gain like 10-15 pounds though.

5. Blair should see the field this year and that's all you can ask at this spot. He could be a decent player.

6/7. Theus and Cooper. Back to back OT's. As long as one makes the team they're happy. It'll probably be Theus. He's not as athletic but he's a big dude and he knows the game. COuld be a decent back up.

8. Driskel. I actually like this pick. Low risk. High reward. He's going to be a project but he's got good size and he's very athletic. Little light but not too light. He showed last year that he can pass... so he could surprise. I won't be surprise to see him have some big plays in preseason. But my guess is that he ends up on the practice squad pretending to be CK7. But he could be back on the big team at some point.

9. Fred Taylors kid. Doesn't seem like he should be as good as he is... but he's been pretty good.

10. Burbridge. Practice Squad.

11. Prince Charles. Dude is fast as hell. I heard he's run some 4.3 a few times. That's fast. That's give the kid a shot fast. He's not a very good corner though... and he's short. I'm wondering if they don't try to convert him in to a slot receiver or a return man. Dude's fast. And pretty strong. Put a few pounds on him and you've got a 4.3 200 pound dude running at you... Maybe even give him some carries.

All and all... I think the niners did a pretty damned good job this year. Not perfect but I think they filled some holes. I don't know if they found too many holy crap players. More plug the holes type of draft. They're still going to have some issues on offense and better hope that their running game comes around. I still don't like the trade but if the dude turns out to be a starter it'll be worth it.

I'm curious about this team this year.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:40 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I hope they tank the season still; however,

Kaepernick is going to start @ the Bills this week as long as he restructures his contract.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:56 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
sounds like the contract restructure is on its way...so yeah, let's see him rebuild his value.

the way they're playing right now, my pre-season prediction of 4-12 looks like it'll take work to get there.

yikes. yeah sure i know Bowman is out, but my GOD the defense looks porous. I mean last week the Cardinals' RB wasn't even getting touched until he hit the secondary! oh man...
Old 10-08-2016, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Multi-year unintentional tear down and rebuild? gotta love it...

Hard to watch at times. I'll tune in to see how kaep does. Anything is better than watching gabbert throw 4 yard interceptions
Old 10-17-2016, 02:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by CHESTON
sounds like the contract restructure is on its way...so yeah, let's see him rebuild his value.

the way they're playing right now, my pre-season prediction of 4-12 looks like it'll take work to get there.

yikes. yeah sure i know Bowman is out, but my GOD the defense looks porous. I mean last week the Cardinals' RB wasn't even getting touched until he hit the secondary! oh man...
Man, this seems like the D stayed with the same script, eh?

Well, Kaep looked decent (in the 1st half especially) for only having 1-week of 1st team reps. But he's pretty much still the same "I can only make one, maybe two, reads before I gotta put my head down to tuck the ball & run."

What the hell happened w/ ALL that work he put in with Kurt Warner a season & half ago? He seriously needs to learn to stay composed for another beat. Just keep your damn eyes up, make a small move within the pocket, find your guy, reset feet & fire! I know... I know... wishful thinking. And easier said than done.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:43 PM
General Pimpin'

I don't think anyone can really say "only" one week. He's been with the team the whole time and he's been running first team snaps for a while. Him and Blain split them all pre-season and he's been running them on and off all season.

He's going to do what he always does... play like **** as a hole but have just enough big plays to make you want to keep him in. He'll have plenty of exciting plays with Chips offense. He's basically a college QB in a college system. He should excel... especially on the ground.
Old 10-17-2016, 03:16 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I don't think anyone can really say "only" one week. He's been with the team the whole time and he's been running first team snaps for a while. Him and Blain split them all pre-season and he's been running them on and off all season.

He's going to do what he always does... play like **** as a hole but have just enough big plays to make you want to keep him in. He'll have plenty of exciting plays with Chips offense. He's basically a college QB in a college system. He should excel... especially on the ground.
Tru dat. You're absolutely right. It's not like he just got off his knee.... err... I mean... his couch and starting practicing this week. I just have the same unfounded optimism I had in 2012-2013 that he'd develop some pocket skills--i.e. controlled scrambling to find & pass to open man. Blind & unfounded, I say. Curses!

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2016/2017 Season