Official: 2013 BAIC Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 11:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Considering the announcement today about Amendola... anyone that picked up Edelman is stoked. His value just skyrocketed. He's now a viable WR2/3 for at least the next 4 games.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by SubbieMedic
I snagged Edelman and it saved me cuz I also have amendola. Both teams are 1-0 though, and I've got some strong players!

Big money league is a 2qb ppr league, team is:
A. Rodgers
Vick
Ray rice
Matt forte
Cruz
Amendola
Edelman/Stevie Johnson
Jermichael Finley
Greg zurlein
Bears defense

Was #1 in points last week! Keep it Rollin!

I'm in a 2 QB league as well. I think I lost by 2 points last week. That's a lot of points to only loose by 2. This week... I outscored everyone by 60 points and all but 1 by 100. LOL!

My line up this week..
Aaron Rodgers
Andrew Luck
D. Thomas
A. Johnson
Lynch
Lacy
Graham
Forte
Prater
Seattle
Denver

So I outscored everyone and I lost Lacy on 1 play. If he played the full game I would have been close to 400 points. LOL!

I had Lamar Miller and Alfred Morris on the bench for that RB2 slot. Thomas over Torrey Smith was my only true error as far as points go.

2 dang points is all that's keeping me out of first. I'll be in second after this week. Only 1 person is 2-0 and I've got the most overall points.

I think I'll make a run at the championship in 2 of my 3 leagues if I can stay some what healthy. I think I have playoff teams in all 3 but I have some crazy tough schedules in 2 of them. Long as I win this one I'm good. LOL!

Went 1-3 last week and 3-0 this week.

So I'm 4-3 overall in 2 weeks.

Looks like depending on the rest of the games I'll be in
1st
2nd
3rd

This week felt good. Gives me a little hope after some tough losses last week. We'll see... long season and I see 2 or 3 more injury issues in my future... at least. Bush is having issues and Lacy is down. Johnson. Etc.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:44 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
This is 2 weeks in a row I've faced guys having a huge week. Not starting Jones hurt me, but not nearly as bad as losing Lacy after one play. If he's out for any length of time, even one game, I'm f'ed.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Yeah, Looks like I'll go 4-2 again.

The one where I'll be 0-2 is going to suck lol
Old 09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Gonna be hurting after this week. VD will have to let that hamstring heal and Glassdola is probably going to sit out the rest of the season. What a worthless pick.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Gonna be hurting after this week. VD will have to let that hamstring heal and Glassdola is probably going to sit out the rest of the season. What a worthless pick.
Yeah he was one of those guys that was valued WAY too high going in to the season because of what someone else did.

I couldn't wrap my head around it. I was like... o.k. so they're saying Wes Welker wasn't the one that made those plays so someone else like him can come in and do better? It made no sense. Looks like I was right.

Welker if he stays healthy will hit all the numbers I predicted and Amendola will do what I said he.... oh wait he already has. LOL!

Seriously... tough pick for you there. You need a TE and a WR plug and quick.

There's a couple flex guys that can help you if you can get them for a week or two. There are 3 guys right now I'd be trying to pick up if I had the room.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:59 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
For WR Im not hurting too bad. Hartline is way underrated and with Mike Wallace starting to get better production, hes going to draw double teams leaving Hartline with a 1v1 and possibly even more points.

I took a chance on Amendola because I figured he'd have to produce this year. Hes pretty much a clone of Welker with better hands but obviously the injury factor makes him 1/4 of what Welker is. I thought Welker wouldn't get as many touches with the arsenal of WR/TE that Denver already had but it looks like Welker is Peytons favorite target. Oh well.

In my other league I have Andre Johnson so I took a bunch of hits this week and then my team loses in the worst way possible too and 4 starters get injured. Not a good football week for me.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 09-16-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
but it looks like Welker is Peytons favorite target.
And it looks to be at the expense of Decker
Old 09-16-2013, 12:42 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
If you want a WR, TE or both let me know I have Bennent, Vincent Jackson and Nelson for sell.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah I took a major hit with Johnson if he's too bad. Also with Lacy and Reggie Bush getting banged up.

As for Amendola having better hands than welker... you're trippin!

There's a reason Brady and now Manning both LOVE to throw to Welker... he runs solid routes and he catches darn near everything.

Welker is the best slot WR of all time and will retire in the top 5 of WR's of all time stat wise.

Last year.. Welker targeted 175 times. Caught 118 *****. Amendola targeted 101 times. Caught 63 *****.

So... welker 67%. Amendola 62%

ANd with 74 more targets that's a lot more opportunity to miss. And that was an average season for Welker and one of Amendola's best.

Amendola is a younger version of welker. Pretty similar speed and build. Routes are not as clean. He's not as smart. He takes more hits. He's much more injury prone.

I am so far away from the Amendola train it's not even funny. Edelman is more like welker than Amendola is and he's got the brighter future.

I had Amendola a couple years ago for spot play and it paid off. I'd never pick him up as a WR1 or 2. Not even with Brady. He's more like a flex play maybe twice a year...

The FF professionals hyped the crap out of him this year and a LOT of people bought in to it.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
And it looks to be at the expense of Decker
Decker will still have big games. I think what you're going to see this year is everyone will get 8-12 targets a game. Manning will find the guy that's the mismatch and he'll beat up the defense with them. But at the end you'll see all 3 of them with about the same targets. Welker will have more catches and Decker will have more yards.

I think more than anything what you're seeing is Moreno stepped up last week and I think he's the guy they should be using. Trying to use 3 guys is stupid. Especially when they're all similar.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah I took a major hit with Johnson if he's too bad. Also with Lacy and Reggie Bush getting banged up.

As for Amendola having better hands than welker... you're trippin!

There's a reason Brady and now Manning both LOVE to throw to Welker... he runs solid routes and he catches darn near everything.

Welker is the best slot WR of all time and will retire in the top 5 of WR's of all time stat wise.

Last year.. Welker targeted 175 times. Caught 118 *****. Amendola targeted 101 times. Caught 63 *****.

So... welker 67%. Amendola 62%

ANd with 74 more targets that's a lot more opportunity to miss. And that was an average season for Welker and one of Amendola's best.

Amendola is a younger version of welker. Pretty similar speed and build. Routes are not as clean. He's not as smart. He takes more hits. He's much more injury prone.

I am so far away from the Amendola train it's not even funny. Edelman is more like welker than Amendola is and he's got the brighter future.

I had Amendola a couple years ago for spot play and it paid off. I'd never pick him up as a WR1 or 2. Not even with Brady. He's more like a flex play maybe twice a year...

The FF professionals hyped the crap out of him this year and a LOT of people bought in to it.

Looking target to catch ratio has very little to do with a WRs hands and more to do with the QB. In this case it was Brady vs Bradford. If you are talking about who has better hands look here.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/pl...SeasonMin=1990

Also, most NFL scouts would say that Welker's hands is one of the most overrated things in football.

Also, Amendola is bigger than Welker and can play outside too. Look for the Pats to do that with Edelmen in the slot when he gets back. Overall, Amendola would have more FF value if he was healthy which obviously is not the case.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:46 PM
General Pimpin'

I don't agree... and so far I'm looking a hell of a lot smarter than the pros. LOL!

I called this from day one. People love to give all the credit to the QB and it does make a HUGE difference. But the WR's are often down graded because of that. Oh it's just the system. Or Joe Montana made Rice great. Etc. It's a two way street.

No welker... no brady. He was the one dude that was a consistent target for Brady the whole time.

Like Reggie Wayne for Manning and Rice for Montana. They need each other.

Danny Amendola. 5'10. 188 pounds. Wes Welker 5'9. 185 pounds.

I'd say that's pretty close. Amendola is a little faster but Wes Welker is game speed quick and he's smart. His routes are perfect. That makes up for a little bit of speed. But it does make Amendola a better outside player and down field threat. But he's not quick enough to be a true 1 or 2 receiver at his height. If he was 6'1 or 2. Sure. He's a slot player that they were trying to force in to the 1 or 2 slot.

People will say Welker was over rated forever because they want Brady to be the guy. But what you're seeing right now and what you saw when Cassell played is that Welker has more to do with it than people give him credit for.

I don't care what the metrics say. Amendola is not an outside guy. If Welker's hands are one of the most over rated things in football then Amendola as a receiver must be the most over rated thing in football.

And I do think I said Edelman was a better welker replacement. LOL!

The problem is that the Patriots are paying for a no.1 or 2 receiver in Amendola and what they have is a slot guy that's getting outplayed by another slot guy.

NE dropped way down on my team power list because I felt like they downgraded heavily at the WR position.

Edelman is a solid slot guy but the only guy I see with any real WR 1/2 potential is Dobson. They have 3 rookies at that position and essentially ONE guy that has any real history with Brady. And with Gronk down and Hernandez gone... they have NOTHING in the way of QB/Receiver timing in place. And that's huge.

So I'll say what I said in the off season... Welker is still the better receiver right now. Amendola could be the better guy in 2 years but I don't see him healthy. I think Amendola is gonna end up being just another guy in a few years.

Amendola has never truly proven himself. He's shown huge games every now and again but he's all Professional hype.

He's played one full season ever and he came out with 85 catches. So you see the potential there of a guy that can do 85-100 catches. But that's all it is is potential.

He's 27 and he's had a significant injury the last 3 years in a row. 2 of them last year.

Reminds me a lot of Germane Crowell. Michael Clayton, etc.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:15 PM

All I was arguing was that Welker does not have the hands people think he has and the stats clearly shows he drops his share of ***** each year.

I hope you are aware that NFL measurements are often off. Example Jacoby Ford is listed a 5'9'' and I meet him in person and I'm about 5'9'' and he is more like 5'7'' if that.

Amendola makes just a little more than Welker per year but got less guaranteed. Amedola was paid 31mil over 5, 10 mil guaranteed. and Welker 12mil over 2 fully guaranteed. So neither of them is being paid as #1 WR or

Also, both have had significant injuries in past seasons. Welker's just came in week 17 and Amendola's the beginning the of year. So the injury issue with Amendola compared to Welker was overstated coming into this season despite it being true thus far.

Also, every knowledgeable FF "expert" I heard made it very clear that drafting Amendola was risky due to health concerns. I drafted him thinking I would get 8-10 games and sloted him as my #2 or #3 WR knowing he would be a top 10 WR when he played and I would have a replacement to play when he did not.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by ruehl
All I was arguing was that Welker does not have the hands people think he has and the stats clearly shows he drops his share of ***** each year.

I hope you are aware that NFL measurements are often off. Example Jacoby Ford is listed a 5'9'' and I meet him in person and I'm about 5'9'' and he is more like 5'7'' if that.

Amendola makes just a little more than Welker per year but got less guaranteed. Amedola was paid 31mil over 5, 10 mil guaranteed. and Welker 12mil over 2 fully guaranteed. So neither of them is being paid as #1 WR or

Also, both have had significant injuries in past seasons. Welker's just came in week 17 and Amendola's the beginning the of year. So the injury issue with Amendola compared to Welker was overstated coming into this season despite it being true thus far.

Also, every knowledgeable FF "expert" I heard made it very clear that drafting Amendola was risky due to health concerns. I drafted him thinking I would get 8-10 games and sloted him as my #2 or #3 WR knowing he would be a top 10 WR when he played and I would have a replacement to play when he did not.

Oh I know the measurements are off. Everyone lies. LOL! I remember meeting Nap Kaufman for the first time. They had him listed at 5'8 and like 170 pounds... do was the same height as me and had to weight 190. Some of the biggest arms I've ever seen in my life.

As for Welker... I agree. I'm not saying he's got the best hands ever. But he is consistent and dependable. Hell he's already had a couple big drops this year.

They're not paying Amendola as much as most other WR 1's but they expect him to be one... and he's not.

As for Welker/Amendola injury debate... it's a non debate.

Welker has played in 14 or more games every year of his career. He did have the one major injury but as you said... it was late. Amendola has been injured and missed extensive time now 3 years in a row and has had a 16 game season once.

Considering Amendola had 2 out 4 seasons with 14 games or more and it's looking like it's going to be 2 out of 5 and Welker is at 9/9 seasons of 14 or more....

That one isn't even worth talking about.

As for the draft. A lot of guys said it was a risk but a lot of guys also said reach for him. Most pro's had him as a 5th round pick. He was ranked as high as the 8th best WR in some polls.

In the 5th round who's available... who was he ranked over...
Reggie Wayne
Torry Smith
Jordy Nelson
Desean Jackson
Wes Welker

ETc.

Heck in our draft he went in the 4th round. Cobb, Jackson, Wayne, Decker, Wallace, Smith, Nelson, Jackson, etc. All still on the board. I think if he was around in the 8th round I would have taken a risk on him. But probably not. Andre Johnson was a big enough risk at WR. LOL!

And I gambled in the 9th round on Jennings

But it's all what if. If welker gets hurt it won't matter. If Amendola comes back and goes ape the last 8 games of the season it won't matter if he was hurt right now. LOL!

That's why its fun to debate.

Quick Reply: Official: 2013 BAIC Fantasy Football League