Official: 2013 BAIC Fantasy Football League

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 11:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by ruehl
Richardson is awful if you really watch him play. He has trouble picking up the blitz and can not make one cut and go with any real speed. All he can do is go full steam ahead and he isn't even the best RB on his team...
I think he's better than what you're seeing. He's every bit as good a receiver as every other back on that team. The reason he comes out for the most part is because he isn't nearly as good a blocker. That will come with time.

As for his running. He still looks hesitant to me. I'm not sure where that came from but if he can't fix it he'll be out of the NFL in 2 years. Could turn out to be one of the best trades in recent years.... for the browns.

i wouldn't be surprised to see it click and he starts playing well again. But he's running out of time. Just to show you how much faith I have in him right now... I'm starting Leonard over T.Rich.

I got him auto drafted to me last year and this year. I was pissed both years. I haven't expected much from him period. But the hype is there and he's shown it from time to time so I had faith longer than I normally would.

I think it's there... he just needs to figure out how to use it and so does Indy. Right now they're not doing it. He's killer on the pass. And he's decent in the open. Start using him that way instead of the pound the rock guy. Maybe use him like the raiders were using Reece for a while. Or like Ricky Waters used to get used. Get him moving sooner. (not that I'm comparing him to waters.)
Old 11-14-2013, 01:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Yea, he's been good in space. Swing routes and screens he can rip off a good run. But out of the backfield, he's got that hesitant first step and it kills everything. I figured he'd get more comfortable after the bye figuring one of his problems is not knowing the offense well.

I plan to start Pierre Thomas over him this week.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Yea, he's been good in space. Swing routes and screens he can rip off a good run. But out of the backfield, he's got that hesitant first step and it kills everything. I figured he'd get more comfortable after the bye figuring one of his problems is not knowing the offense well.

I plan to start Pierre Thomas over him this week.
Aren't they playing S.F.?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Aren't they playing S.F.?
Yea they are. And Indy is playing Tenn. Well Zac Stacy and the Rams ran all over them, so maybe it would be better off keeping T-Rich in.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Yea they are. And Indy is playing Tenn. Well Zac Stacy and the Rams ran all over them, so maybe it would be better off keeping T-Rich in.
New Orleans is frustrating. They have 3 backs that can produce and they use them all differently every damned game.

I would suspect against S.F Thomas will get some touches.

It's kind of like this... you put in Thomas you know more than likely you're gonna get 9 or 10 points. You might get lucky and get 25 but you're probably not gonna get less than 9 or 10.

T.Rich. You'd hope to see 15-20 but you could get 4.

i honestly don't know man. Go with your gut. Don't listen to me... I have no love this year from the fantasy gods.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I think I might sit Welker this week...

I dunno why.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:57 AM
Old School

Starting Tenn for DEF was a bad idea...

So much for Luck being terrible without Wayne...
Old 11-15-2013, 09:15 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Starting Tenn for DEF was a bad idea...

So much for Luck being terrible without Wayne...
I had to check my other team to make sure I benched them. I ended up picking up NO to start this week because I had a bad feeling about Tenn.

Colts have been falling off on defense but their offense is decent still. Even without wayne.

Looks like they're finally figuring out how to use their backs. T.Rich isn't the guy... at least not yet. Brown is the much better back right now. But using T.Rich the way they did last night opened up some holes for Brown and the whole offense. Both backs can catch. T.Rich is honestly the better back in that regard but Brown is the better blocker and the better runner right now.

147 yards between the 2 backs. Not bad.

And they're finally figuring out that Fleener is a huge piece of that offense.

The one thing that caught my attention though... 1 catch for DHB. That really shouldn't be happening with Wayne gone.

I really needed at least 1 TD from luck in the air. Colts are gonna have to do something in the WR area in the draft this year for sure.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:36 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I had a dream last night that Matt Forte got a concussion and I was mad at myself for not picking up Bush. If that happens, Im effectively donzo.
Old 11-15-2013, 12:14 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I had to check my other team to make sure I benched them. I ended up picking up NO to start this week because I had a bad feeling about Tenn.

Colts have been falling off on defense but their offense is decent still. Even without wayne.

Looks like they're finally figuring out how to use their backs. T.Rich isn't the guy... at least not yet. Brown is the much better back right now. But using T.Rich the way they did last night opened up some holes for Brown and the whole offense. Both backs can catch. T.Rich is honestly the better back in that regard but Brown is the better blocker and the better runner right now.

147 yards between the 2 backs. Not bad.

And they're finally figuring out that Fleener is a huge piece of that offense.

The one thing that caught my attention though... 1 catch for DHB. That really shouldn't be happening with Wayne gone.

I really needed at least 1 TD from luck in the air. Colts are gonna have to do something in the WR area in the draft this year for sure.
Brown isn't the better blocker. From what I watched, Brown would go up to meet a linebacker and would get shoved back into Luck. T-Rich is bigger, would square his shoulders and hold his defender. Brown is the better runner cause the he doesn't hestitate. He waits for his blocks to develop but he also hits the hole. It helps too that they pass a lot with Brown in as well. When T-Rich comes in, they load the box. He hesitates and isn't sure where to go and only nets 3-4 yards if he's lucky. Getting him out of the back field to receive is what they need to do more of.

DHB dropped a few *****. Some were badly thrown, but hit his hands and he should have come down with them.
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM
General Pimpin'

Brown isn't the better blocker. From what I watched, Brown would go up to meet a linebacker and would get shoved back into Luck. T-Rich is bigger, would square his shoulders and hold his defender. Brown is the better runner cause the he doesn't hestitate. He waits for his blocks to develop but he also hits the hole. It helps too that they pass a lot with Brown in as well. When T-Rich comes in, they load the box. He hesitates and isn't sure where to go and only nets 3-4 yards if he's lucky. Getting him out of the back field to receive is what they need to do more of.

DHB dropped a few *****. Some were badly thrown, but hit his hands and he should have come down with them.
Brown just knows the book better and recognizes things better... for now. I think the way they used him last night from what I was able to pick up online and watch and follow was they way they should continue to do it until T.Rich gets back to running hard again.

I think T.Rich has the bigger upside in every part of the game. He's bigger and can be a better blocker once he learns to pick more up. He's got better hands and is an outstanding receiver out of the back field. He's got more power in the run and he's plenty fast. He needs to stop chopping his feet.

He reminds me of Brandon Jacobs in that way. Stop dancing... pick and go. Sometimes you'll be wrong and sometimes you'll be right. That was the big difference last night. Brown was right a few times but he chose... every time.

I think they have basically just handed the ball to him and had him try to push straight through the line. That's not good for him. Especially right now.

What you see with Brown is a lot more activity. Part of that I think maybe is because he has access to more of the play book. But still. Pulling guards. Pitches. Etc. That creates more space. Most of the runs with Brown he was 4 yards before he got touched.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Old School

Brown was explosive and has jukes...

In this one league i'm in... he's sitting as a FA... I want to grab him, but that's just stupid with the guys I got. And his playoff schedule is bad, so only good for a couple more weeks and I'm in the playoffs already in that league.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Old School

Yeah... Going to regret picking coopers matchup vs Welkers. Such a weak defense, just felt it would've been good.

Its okay. There is always next week.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Old School

Actually I could've maxed my pts and still not won. Good job jboogy.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 PM

Car Info: 2010 Sti
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Actually I could've maxed my pts and still not won. Good job jboogy.
Thanks man, it's desperation time for me. Pickin up anybody in the waivers that can get me a W.

Quick Reply: Official: 2013 BAIC Fantasy Football League