Oakland AutoX on the 21st.

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 01:41 AM

Car Info: 2003 WRX
Can someone link it up to sign up for this?? No prereqs or requirements besides a helmet and an inspected car?
Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 AM

Car Info: 07 UGM WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks

Yea your ewg will be too loud. I have mufflers on my wastegates and it's just quiet enough to pass sound. More than likely I will be the one warning you so just be prepared lol.
Oh great haha
Old 04-10-2013, 08:08 AM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
Originally Posted by xtremeyolks
What is this car that you speak of? lol. Not sure what i'm driving yet. Whatever is running at the time

Yea your ewg will be too loud. I have mufflers on my wastegates and it's just quiet enough to pass sound. More than likely I will be the one warning you so just be prepared lol.
I hear you may picked up another car with a boxer engine. At least that's what I heard before Isaac and Rich went to San Diego.

Originally Posted by AllFourSideways
Can someone link it up to sign up for this?? No prereqs or requirements besides a helmet and an inspected car?
Registration is done on site. If you want to participate in the morning you should be there around 8am. Otherwise, you need to be there to register before noon to participate in the afternoon. Bring cash or check to pay for registration; it will cost $35 to participate and an extra $15 for a weekend membership for non-SCCA members. As long as your helmet is Snell approved and not older than a Sell 2000 approved helmet, you can use your helmet. Your car will be inspected at the event.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM

Car Info: 03 VF34'd WRX
hopefully i can come by and watch lol
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by DabiDa
Can we just watch? I have stock suspension and stock wheels on a stage 2 I/H/E AP so dont think i can do much,but would really like to check it out and take pics see what its all about.
Yes but I would strongly encourage that you drive your car as is. Due to the class system, you can be competitive in anything, or just drive for fun. I wish I had started with a stock car and worked up from there. You will learn a lot.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Originally Posted by DabiDa
Can we just watch? I have stock suspension and stock wheels on a stage 2 I/H/E AP so dont think i can do much,but would really like to check it out and take pics see what its all about.
Originally Posted by huck
Yes but I would strongly encourage that you drive your car as is. Due to the class system, you can be competitive in anything, or just drive for fun. I wish I had started with a stock car and worked up from there. You will learn a lot.
Like Huck said, just go for it. I'm on stock suspension, stock wheels, and only a catback and I'll be racing.

Okay, I do have some fancy struts, tires, and a swaybar... But still. You should give it a shot.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Originally Posted by JourdanWithaU
Like Huck said, just go for it. I'm on stock suspension, stock wheels, and only a catback and I'll be racing.

Okay, I do have some fancy decals, struts, tires, and a swaybar... But still. You should give it a shot.
Fixed.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:14 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Oh yeah. Those too.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:44 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester XT
Thanks for the responses everyone, Yea i figured i might be in stx...i dont think im esp im running my continental dws's lol 540 tread wear commute tires haha. Wonder what run group i should be in? ive been going in the morning everytime i got but recently ive been told i should be running with my correct run group??

As for your other guys thinking of going, just do it lol....Ive run my car at this autox since i was stock. Body roll central, but it has helped me to understand and learn the limits of my car even more so with my upgrades its a great testing group and helps to improve you as a driver also.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

I vote ESP. ESP will be in group 2 for this event. WRaholicX will be running in ESP as well. should be good competition.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:37 PM

wuts the difference between esp and stx? i dont think my timing would be competitive enough in either class.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 05 wrx wagon, 90 celica alltrac, 66 mustang
Oh I did not say it earlier but I will be at this event.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM

woo more people, im in the white forester xt, be sure to come say hi or ill find u guys lol still struggling to figure out my class...
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Lil' Slugger

Car Info: 05 WRB STi Wagon/00 BRP GC Sedan
Originally Posted by Sakai530
wuts the difference between esp and stx? i dont think my timing would be competitive enough in either class.
STX you can only run up to a 245 width tire, and a 8" wide wheel. Also if you are tuned, you could have an issue if the boost was turned up higher than stock. These are the main ones, but depending on other mods you could be in ESP.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:09 PM

Car Info: Some sort of Subaru
If anyone is really curious about what class their car is in and want to learn what they can do on their own, the current 2013 SCCA Solo Rules can be found here The Sports Car Club of America - Solo

Otherwise, post up and we'll try to help you.

Quick Reply: Oakland AutoX on the 21st.