Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by moreda_5

Vodka where is the STI I keep seeing the IS around
in his imagination
Old 03-04-2009, 11:42 PM

Someone works next door to me and has a STI. I think 06-07 but maybe not.

I dont know if you work at Cost Plus or REI, but I always see your scoob there. Its right in the middle of both though. I park in the Toys R us lot. I am the jackass that takes up 2-3 spaces cuz folks have no respect and just throw there doors open.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:45 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
I have seen the same 2006-07 wrx going south bound on the 101 in Rohnert Park twice in a week while I was heading north aound 4:15ish

Vodka where is the STI I keep seeing the IS around
Still in the operating room. Around 1 1/2 weeks estimated by the powdercoaters for us to get the piping, manifold, and tgv deletes back, and THEN the engine can be put together, intake can be fabbed, and motor can turn over for the first time.....then begins the break-in. Only real problem (other than money to pay for this ridiculous dream car), is how long the paint master will take, and if he will need my car up north at his painting booth to do the blending from the removal/welding over of the 06 roof vane spoiler. It'll be worth it though. I've never liked the roof vane spoiler. That's probably the only thing I missed about my old silver 04 STi, NO roof vane. Right now (pending the painting) she will most likely be doing her first 85 miles on the new engine by the last 3-4 days of this month. Since you have had to put up with seeing only the Lexus lately, here is a pic of my wheels to tide you over.

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
in his imagination
You.....I have nothing to say to you.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:44 PM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
Originally Posted by vodka
Still in the operating room. Around 1 1/2 weeks estimated by the powdercoaters for us to get the piping, manifold, and tgv deletes back, and THEN the engine can be put together, intake can be fabbed, and motor can turn over for the first time.....then begins the break-in. Only real problem (other than money to pay for this ridiculous dream car), is how long the paint master will take, and if he will need my car up north at his painting booth to do the blending from the removal/welding over of the 06 roof vane spoiler. It'll be worth it though. I've never liked the roof vane spoiler. That's probably the only thing I missed about my old silver 04 STi, NO roof vane. Right now (pending the painting) she will most likely be doing her first 85 miles on the new engine by the last 3-4 days of this month. Since you have had to put up with seeing only the Lexus lately, here is a pic of my wheels to tide you over.

You.....I have nothing to say to you.

wait wait wait wtf what happened to the Gun Metal Works you had before??? are you going wing less or just vain less??? and final question did you blow the engine or just what faster bits and a new set up?

you starting to make me feel bad about not buying ay new goodies for my baby I just bought "THE RING" for my girlfriend I mean fiance so fund are a liitle low at the moment
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM

wait wait wait wtf what happened to the Gun Metal Works you had before??? are you going wing less or just vain less??? and final question did you blow the engine or just what faster bits and a new set up?

you starting to make me feel bad about not buying ay new goodies for my baby I just bought "THE RING" for my girlfriend I mean fiance so fund are a liitle low at the moment
The only wheels I've had before this set of Volks, was a set of Gram Lights 57f in bronze, and Volk RE30 in Magnesium Blue color (aka Dark Blue, aka Cosmic Blue, aka w/e you want to call it). That set of RE30's was 18x8.5, offset +50 I think? They were an easy bolt on to run 255/35's, but I want to run 265/35 RE-11's when the 255/35 RE01R's go bald in another 6k or so miles. Anyway, never had any Work wheels.

As far as body modification, I'm going wingless and vane-less. Vane is being professionally deleted by a guy that's done $30k paint jobs on hot rods lol. No bondo here! As far as the trunk, I have a new Varis carbon fiber trunk that's going on, but unfortunately I do not have the money yet for him to paint the trunk at the same time. I'll run it nekkid CF until later in the year when i've got more cash money to have it painted.

The reason for the motor swap was simply for my goal of slowly turning the car into a track only tool. Moving up in power, and upping the redline a bit, so I wanted to do the built motor thing. My old motor was fine and dandy, and went to a guy with a Porsche race car. He also got my e-throttle, as I switched to cable throttle. Old school ftw.

BTW, I bet your baby is feeling neglected by now. A ring for the "human", and nothing for her?! She must be very jealous of your fiance lol.

Last edited by vodka; 03-05-2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:12 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM VF34, 08 WRB FSXT
mike you gotta give me a ride in that beast when it's all done!
Old 03-06-2009, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by WRXdavid
mike you gotta give me a ride in that beast when it's all done!
Dude David, you'll be the first, but it'll have to be a "beastly" ride under 3k rpm until I get a decent 1k-1200 miles on the motor.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:06 AM

Saw a red Sti today?

it had to be just rockin the badges or something, had the "bookshelf" for a wing

going northbound about 5:30

gave a wave...got no love back
Old 03-08-2009, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
gave a wave...got no love back

Saw a white STi at Union Hotel restaurant off Hwy 12 and Mission Blvd on Friday...I think it was Friday...
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 AM

Car Info: STI Ltd 2007 #640 UGM
saw a white Sti on goldies with the driver digging for gold on Friday around 3:30 on 101South by the Golf Course Exit in RP.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 AM

SPOTTED!!! Someone OTHER than moreda, lol.

06 CGM STi on silver BBS parked in 5th st parking lot behind Stout Bros, Tex, etc etc. I was parked next to you in the 08 silver Lexus IS350 with black tail lights. Love CGM, prob my fave color other than white of course.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:01 AM

Car Info: STI Ltd 2007 #640 UGM
Saw a wrecked rex on a wrecker yesterday afternoon on lakeville. It was a wrb wrx on the top of a car hauler totally mashed up in the front end. Sad day.

Also I keep seeing an 08 wrb sti on 101 south on the Cotati Grade in the mornings, around 8 usually.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 PM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
05 white in p town

saw a 05 sti in p town near the park downtown with aftermarket wheels and a different grill

Vodka I'm not to sure on those wheels ....chrome lip????? hey but your car always looks good so I won't question it...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 07 Satin Pearl White STi
Originally Posted by vodka

Saw a white STi at Union Hotel restaurant off Hwy 12 and Mission Blvd on Friday...I think it was Friday...
That was me
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 AM

saw a 05 sti in p town near the park downtown with aftermarket wheels and a different grill

Vodka I'm not to sure on those wheels ....chrome lip????? hey but your car always looks good so I won't question it...
I'm insulted, and so are my wheels. How dare you call their lip chrome. I would NEVER get chrome anything on my subie. EVER. They're aluminum that's been diamond cut, and they're not actually polished, but photos make it seem that way. Honestly, words don't describe Volk's MDC Formula Limited RE30's and CE28's, you simply need to see them in person to understand the level of awesomeness, from how the center spokes change color shades and tones in different levels of lighting/angle, to how the diamond cut lip actually looks compared with polished lips. Truly a unique wheel from Rays if I do say so.....not that I'm bragging.
Originally Posted by Irishdude
That was me
Ah, seen you there quite a bit over the past couple years. Decent restaurant eh?

Irishdude, you, ICB, moreda, and I should all get together some time. Union Hotel, downtown bar like Stout, something. We're all local, and there are (apparently) quite a few other Santa Rosa/RP/cotati/sebastopol guys on the board. Should possibly revisit ICB's (I think it was at least) idea of changing the North Bay In n Out meet to a different venue/concept. Do something in RP/SR like hang out at a bar and just talk shop/women/(wives? lol) drinking or not, doesn't matter. Who knows, we could even get our ladies in on it some time too perhaps. We're all married/engaged/dating right?

Quick Reply: NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here