Norcal Rallycross still lives and is growing

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
the poor kid that can only afford an RS doesnt even get the enjoyment of beating the guy that thinks he has first in his STi as you read this.
jhjhagblasgvbasgvbffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffgggggggggggggggggggggggg ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg (head hitting keyboard)
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 PM

if you give me the file i'll gladly move everyones overall standing up by one.

i need a drink or five
Old 05-03-2007, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by 4URABUS
That sucks ***.
yeahhhh its not like i was taking steroids before my runs. i guess that means i wont post the footage i wouldnt otherwise have gotten if i were driving with the subarus.

i really should wait before i say anything more, im getting zero sleep tonight.

i try to stay on the modest side, not to attract attention, then this comes about and everyones gonna think im a cocky *******...i hate cocky *******s...those words shouldnt be placed next to eachother either...gross

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 05-03-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:38 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX/05 Legacy
That sucks dude. Was the track 4s faster in the 3rd group?

Last edited by bemani; 05-03-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:36 AM

Car Info: Subaru STi
Kyle, I understand your frustration. Just run with your group, because yes competitors would say it wasn't fair that you didn't run with your class to score a win.

Just run with your group and video the other classes. I'm sure the morning groups would like the possibility of being video'd.

Also, if you show up early enough, I'll find something for you to do for your work assignment. That way you can video any of the classes if you want to.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by bemani
That sucks dude. Was the track 4s faster in the 3rd group?
lol

Originally Posted by autocrosser58
Kyle, I understand your frustration. Just run with your group, because yes competitors would say it wasn't fair that you didn't run with your class to score a win.

Just run with your group and video the other classes. I'm sure the morning groups would like the possibility of being video'd.

Also, if you show up early enough, I'll find something for you to do for your work assignment. That way you can video any of the classes if you want to.
its ok

if i wouldve known it were this serious i wouldnt have risked it. i thought "demo" not for points meant that. But filming is more importants to me since i have a few friends that love seeing their stuff online as i do, and im not going to ditch them for pure competition of running WITH them in my class. I always run out of group in autoX to film my friends too, i guess i shoudve thought twice. The lady with dark hair and glasses at tech booth said it was ok along with the announcer guy

at least you posted my time, i appreciate that.

no hard feelings Brent, i still think youre a cool guy...just wasnt expecting that suprise

maybe i'll be there this weekend, but its a long haul.

Last edited by kYLEMtnCRUZr; 05-03-2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Again, congratulations on the total time. Don't worry, I wasn't hurt or offended, no hard feelings. I wasn't aware some people said it was "ok". The people who would have to ok you scoring points out of group would be your competitors. As you might know when autocrossing it's the same thing.

Now that you bring up the "demo" reference. I never liked that our events have been labeled demo. Our events will be part of our own series. As you stated, it sends the wrong message that people don't expect the competition to have any significance since the "demo" label was attached. That has to do with not being included in the CRS/FRX Socal rallyx series, that's all.

We are including our 2 events, Antioch, Vallejo and hopefully soon we will update 2-3 more events at Priarie City for our 2007 CSCC RallyX series.

Again, no hard feelings, but if your RPA competitors let you score points for the 29th I can change that easily, but that's not likely. Just ask Paul Eklund about the Thill 06 Nats event.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:27 PM

Car Info: L
22 cones!?! WTF? i must have hit been 2 post-finish line cones after i got my time on the posti-it.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:50 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
w00t

5th in RSA and 9th overall ftw (owned by a teenager)
my friend in the forrester got 15th in RSA and 30th overall (51 cars were there)

some guys had faster times than me, but i hit no cones the whole time
Old 05-04-2007, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
w00t

5th in RSA and 9th overall ftw (owned by a teenager)
my friend in the forrester got 15th in RSA and 30th overall (51 cars were there)

some guys had faster times than me, but i hit no cones the whole time
nice rizzo...your on the same path i was on 2 years ago in my moms OBS wagon!
being young in a slow car is a good match

a little motivation for you:
http://www.sfrscca.org/RallyX/scorin...2005.11.06.pdf

http://www.sfrscca.org/RallyX/scorin...2006.09.17.pdf

still wondering if i'll be there this weekend...revenge...BWAHAHAHA ........jk
Old 05-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by rubberbiscuitt
22 cones!?! WTF? i must have hit been 2 post-finish line cones after i got my time on the posti-it.
haha, Skylar's sponsor is stoked, i hear theyre paying him double! i got it all on tape too!
so funny, we were watching him, and you could tell he just said "F it" and had some fun on the last run!

not too much footage though, since i was low on tape and battery...story of my life.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Rizzo, Kyle is correct bout starting with a car with little power. When I started autocross, I ran a car with 100 hp. Nothing better than beating corvettes.

Learn the important things first, driving is more important than hp.

It's one of the biggest reasons why we aren't using CRS/FRX rules. Their rules allow modified computers in stock class. That's $800.00 some people feel they have to spend to be competitive. When all they have to do is learn to drive.

I'm sure you don't even have the most aggressive tires legal for either race organization, by comparison .26" for CRS/FRX and .34" for scca. We're using scca rules, yet most people aren't yet thinking about their tire choices. I do, but I didn't change them for the last event, and I was bummed, butI've changed them for this weekend.

So, congratulations as well, both you and Kyle are doing great.

See you guys out there Sunday,
Brent
Old 05-04-2007, 05:59 PM

yeah, people/kids that start out with fast cars dont know how to maintain momentum because they rely on their HP so much. slow cars force you to use the racing line whether you realize it in your mind or not.

i learned driving a honda prelude Si and Mazda miata both 100 hp...both slow
Old 05-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
yea i had no intention of going for a wrx or something right off the start, plus i wouldnt have been able to afford it. My RS is a perfect driver's car (in my opinion)
it handles better than anyone else's cars that i know (perfect for twisty roads) and its fairly quick, but nothing special

its a step up from my first car, a ford ranger, 2wd and auto ftl
Old 05-05-2007, 02:50 PM

thats an awesome step up! but my friend has a mid 90's ranger...its a 4L V6 and he always gives me **** for beating me on the freeway lol then when we go to my house i give him **** for taking an extra 5 minutes thru the twisties! haha YES

Quick Reply: Norcal Rallycross still lives and is growing