Nisei Week Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 AM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Nisei Week Car Show

Here are some pics from the car show in Little Tokyo in Southern California. I rolled down with my friend who was showing his imported RHD Integra Type R turbo.

About 10 cars came from Northern California to represent although we took home no prizes.

http://jsjbrothers.com/gallery/album19
Old 08-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
hey did you roll with a crew? I drove down at friday 1am and got to LA around 530. had some denny's then went to go in with my buddies from team hybrid. good thing i got there early, i would not have liked to pay for admission haha.

that story about the guy who owned the RHD supra was really sad. im really glad it got an award.

hehe that's my buddy's car here http://jsjbrothers.com/gallery/album19/IMG_2551_Medium
Old 08-15-2005, 09:37 PM

Car Info: Suby/EVO
+1 for big baller will and nice pix

Last edited by White4drWRX; 08-15-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by White4drWRX
+1 for big baller will
+1, will is the biggest baller of all subaru drivers in the bay area
Old 08-16-2005, 02:44 AM

Car Info: ///M3
the show was pretty good. did you roll with jdm theory too? and you might want to get the facts straight about nor cal cars coming with no trophies
Old 08-16-2005, 09:08 AM
ZK

Car Info: 08 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 10
Originally Posted by blk rex wagon
the show was pretty good. did you roll with jdm theory too? and you might want to get the facts straight about nor cal cars coming with no trophies
The pics are by the JSJ guys, seems like they got pics about every car there.

Yes, I was with the JDM Theory guys and was there most of the day. From what I heard no Nor Cal cars won any trophies at that event. Did they? I left before the judging.

What happened to the RHD Supra?

We trailered down the Integra for the show and I followed in the rental car. We came down Friday morning and left Sunday morning.

Not just nice cars there as well

Last edited by ZK; 08-16-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:15 AM
Hurray, it's Ian!!

Car Info: 2002 MBP WRX Sedan
Originally Posted by ZK
Yes, I was with the JDM Theory guys and was there most of the day. From what I heard no Nor Cal cars won any trophies at that event. Did they? I left before the judging.

What happened to the RHD Supra?

We trailered down the Integra for the show and I followed in the rental car. We came down Friday morning and left Sunday morning.
The RHD supra belonged to a guy named Mike Urbano. From talking to my friends, I found out he was pretty much a legend in the socal Supra scene. He's helped lots of people and has done countless swaps and conversions for people, always offering a helping hand. Well earlier this summer, while ridin his bike, he was run over by an Escalade I believe (or some other stupid SUV). It was a huge loss to the community, and it was very sad. My buddy knew him and said there were no less than 6 done up supras being worked on at any given time at his house. His funeral was like a giant supra meet.

Anyways, I believe his wife, and whoever showed the car was allowed to show with my friends in Hybrid. The supra won a 3rd place trophy, but I think it was only because his younger brother who took over the project probably couldn't explain every mod well enough as it wasn't his project to begin with.

This information was relayed from what I have heard from my buddies who knew him. Some of it may be off, but generally that's what I know. I know that when I heard the story by the announcer giving out awards, I got all goose-bumpy and I nearly cried....especially when his wife went to pick up the award and started crying.

Rest in Peace Mike Urbano.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM
This Guy Can Hella Draw!

Car Info: '14 MBP FXT | '03 WW Evo VIII
RIP> Mike Urbano

Nice to see Will Still Ballin'.