Need help with ticket, fight or not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 09:11 PM

Car Info: 06 Impreza Sti
Need help with ticket, fight or not?

So I was going to Millbrae bart station, when I got to the Millbrae Ave and Rollins intersection I caught a red light. So I stopped and checked for traffic and made a right turn into the bart station, when all of a sudden the camera flashed my car and now I got my ticket in the mail.

Today I went down Millbrae ave again and checked if there were any "No Turn on Red" signs but I didnt find any, on top of that I saw a prius make a right turn into the bart station at a red light and he didnt get flashed.

Wondering now how to go about this? Should I fight it at court?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 2003 PSM WRX, 80 Brat ready for Chevy 350 Swap.
fight it if u feel lead to do so
Old 08-13-2008, 09:16 PM

Car Info: o6 impreza.
fight it. not wanting to thread jack just don't want to make a new thread. lolsorry.
got a ticket last night for "not having my headlights on at night" when i clearly had all my lights on. i don't know what kind of drugs the cop was on.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:23 PM

hmmm idk..^^^
Old 08-13-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by pope 06 2.5i
fight it. not wanting to thread jack just don't want to make a new thread. lolsorry.
got a ticket last night for "not having my headlights on at night" when i clearly had all my lights on. i don't know what kind of drugs the cop was on.
u can always claim that because ur car has DRL's(daytime running lights) there is no possible way u had no headlights on...
Old 08-13-2008, 09:39 PM

that's what i'm doing. the cop even wrote on the ticket after the no headlights part. "only had running lights on"
and i spoke a neighbor of mine who's a sheriff. he told me to mail the paper pleading not guilty and that when i get the court date he'll take care of it for me since i'm moving in two days >.<
Old 08-13-2008, 09:43 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
it might've been because you didn't make a full stop
Old 08-13-2008, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by DeZt
it might've been because you didn't make a full stop
but i think he's saying he got flashed for running the light, when all he really did was make a right turn. so not making a full stop shouldn't trigger the camera.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Car Info: 2011 OBP STi
Originally Posted by pope 06 2.5i
but i think he's saying he got flashed for running the light, when all he really did was make a right turn. so not making a full stop shouldn't trigger the camera.
ohh, i'm not sure then. :P
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
did you make the turn too wide? maybe you got caught barely on the camera's line of sight.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:19 PM

My ticket just reads "Red Light Violation" and I didnt take the turn wide at all.
The camera even took three pictures, me approaching the light, me stopping at the light, and then one of my car turning right into the bart station.

Im thinking about just posting at that intersection tomorrow and see how many people get flashed on right hand turns.

And for Pope's light ticket, I dont know what to say about that, but I feel your pain on these stupid tickets
Old 08-13-2008, 11:12 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Wagon (RIP)
Are you absolutely positive you came to a complete stop at the red and not just a slow roll through? The way red light cameras are designed is that there are two triggers. To trigger the cameras, you have to move over the induction loops at a particular speed. There are usually two loop triggers for each lane of traffic. When the triggers are both activated in quick succession, the computer knows a car has moved into the intersection at high speed. If there is more of a delay, the computer knows the car is moving more slowly. If the car activates only the first trigger, the computer knows it is stopped at the edge of the intersection.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by crazy_sherm
Are you absolutely positive you came to a complete stop at the red and not just a slow roll through? The way red light cameras are designed is that there are two triggers. To trigger the cameras, you have to move over the induction loops at a particular speed. There are usually two loop triggers for each lane of traffic. When the triggers are both activated in quick succession, the computer knows a car has moved into the intersection at high speed. If there is more of a delay, the computer knows the car is moving more slowly. If the car activates only the first trigger, the computer knows it is stopped at the edge of the intersection.
I did come to a very sparse stop and according to how you described how the camera works, looks like I gotta face the music

Thanks for the info, now do you know any good online traffic schools?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:56 AM

Cameras are strictly money generators 99% of the time.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:18 PM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I got a red light ticket in January, and allegedly in Alameda county its an automatic point on the license. Still waiting for it to hit my insurance. Last couple times I got pulled over, cops never mentioned it being on my record, dont know if thats something they throw out. I am very much against using "law enforcement" cameras as revenue generating devices. I'd much rather take my chance hashing it out with the officer. I'm 3 for 3 in getting pulled over and not cited because I apparently have jedi mind powers over the offiers. With cameras....not so much.

Quick Reply: Need help with ticket, fight or not?