i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource

i-Club - The Ultimate Subaru Resource (https://www.i-club.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/)
-   -   NEED HELP PLEASE! Code Scan (https://www.i-club.com/forums/bay-area-15/need-help-please-code-scan-225814/)

PaulWalker 11-27-2010 01:56 PM

NEED HELP PLEASE! Code Scan

So today I was driving in San Jose then I hit a puddle. Everything was fine until I started up the car again. I now have a solid orange check engine light and a flashing cruise. The At Oil Temp came on for a little bit. I thought it might be an oil problem so I added a little bit of oil and the levels are fine. I checked the gas cap and reseted the ECU. The CEL is still there :( I was wondering if there is anyone in Fremont with an access port or OBDII scanner that would scan for me. I'll buy you lunch. Thanks! I have to drive back to SD tomorrow and hope that this isn't a big problem.

The car idles and runs fine. No boggling or anything.

sigma pi 11-27-2010 02:03 PM

uh oh electrical sensor problem?

PaulWalker 11-27-2010 02:20 PM

[QUOTE=sigma pi;2980013]uh oh electrical sensor problem?[/QUOTE]

I hope not. I'm hoping it's just that my MAF got moist. Everything seems perfectly fine though. I went to an autozone and called another and also Kragen but no one lends out OBDII scanners anymore.

Max Xevious 11-27-2010 02:29 PM

did you get a output on your laptop screen that said "WARNING!!! ...Danger to Manifold"?

MrMakesItRain 11-27-2010 04:07 PM

im pretty sure you blew the welds on your intake. now me and the mad scientist are going to have to rip apart the block and replace the piston rings you fried. SMH

YFZ450Lynx 11-27-2010 04:33 PM

You near san jose? I have a actron tool that can read it

d-ta 11-27-2010 06:01 PM

hey i'm in union city and have an accessport to pull the code if you're still in need of it. shoot me a pm.

strider327 11-27-2010 06:41 PM

[QUOTE=PaulWalker;2980004]So today I was driving in San Jose then I hit a puddle. Everything was fine until I started up the car again. I now have a solid orange check engine light and a flashing cruise. The At Oil Temp came on for a little bit. I thought it might be an oil problem so I added a little bit of oil and the levels are fine. I checked the gas cap and reseted the ECU. The CEL is still there :( I was wondering if there is anyone in Fremont with an access port or OBDII scanner that would scan for me. I'll buy you lunch. Thanks! I have to drive back to SD tomorrow and hope that this isn't a big problem.

The car idles and runs fine. No boggling or anything.[/QUOTE]

I have an OBD II scanner as well. Located in Oakland, let me know.

GST Motorsports 11-27-2010 06:53 PM

If your around the Hayward area tomorrow shoot me a PM, I'll give you my cell number I can check the code out for you.

Mike

PaulWalker 11-27-2010 07:03 PM

[QUOTE=GST Motorsports;2980126]If your around the Hayward area tomorrow shoot me a PM, I'll give you my cell number I can check the code out for you.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mike. I appreciate it. I actually called GST this today after it happened probably around 3ish but I know you guys only by appt on Sat. I'll def be around Hayward.

PaulWalker 11-29-2010 01:27 AM

Thanks again Mike for scanning and clearing the code! The CEL is completely gone :)

Krinkov 11-29-2010 01:48 AM

did you try just disconnecting your battery for a sec and see if it doesnt go away?

ouji 11-29-2010 02:19 AM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;2980744]did you try just disconnecting your battery for a sec and see if it doesnt go away?[/QUOTE]

I think thats what he probably meant when he said resetting the ecu but maybe not

PaulWalker 11-29-2010 07:48 AM

[QUOTE=Krinkov;2980744]did you try just disconnecting your battery for a sec and see if it doesnt go away?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did that twice and the cel still came up. Basically when I hit the puddle the sensor for my AT transmission got wet which threw the cel. The reason why I was more frantic about this cel is because I hit a puddle once and hydrolocked my engine.