Need Advice On Interior Cleaning Shampoo

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM

Need Advice On Interior Cleaning Shampoo

Went to tahoe had snow tires on the sti so It was parked for almost 2 weeks.

12 pack of new castle in the trunk froze expanded etc.. my car reeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkksss like moldy stale beer. It's almost unbearable, any places to go??? any advice would be apperciated. Need my interior super cleaned and I'm willing to pay. I just don't have time or equip. to deal with it right now.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:24 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Careful with cleaning shampoo. If you use carpet clear to clean and suck up the dirty fluid, it would be much better than regular shampoo and let it sit and dry.

Bottom line is, if you don't clean and remove the dirty fluid (in your case, beer) you are going the SPREAD the odor by doing the shampoo thing!!

You can rent those carpet clearing machines from Albertsons as well as the upholstery kit.

Of course, I do dry fog odor removal as well.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:27 PM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
I had the dry fog odor treatment and my car still hasn't been overcome once again by my nasty smoking habit. You certainly want to clean the car but if you want it to smell nice and fresh I recommend you have Leo fog the sucker.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:03 PM

Do you do carpet cleaning??? how much would the fog thing be? my only issue is the smell is killing me and having to live with the fact I nastied my car up makes me pist, but I work full time in San Jose and I have a big construction job at my parents house I gotta do this weekend and I know it's gotta come out. Is albertsons still in business?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Former Vendor

sorry, i don't do carpet cleaning... The fog thing is $25 right now ($50 retail)... I am free this weekend. Email me your phone number and we can set something up.

The Albertsons by my place (camden) is still open... gl

thanks for the kind words Flanders!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Broken Subarus
Not to rain on Leo's parade, but.... All you are going to do is cover the odor. You need to get what is causing the smell out of there. If it happened in the trunk almost everyhting can be easily removed and cleaned. If it was parked up against the back of your seat it may or may not have spilled into the passenger compartment. Do this take everything out, get a hose and an interior brush, a little bit of soap, anything will do, spray the crap down, put some soap on it, use the interior brush to get into to Jute backing of the carpet and rinse. Prop it up on it's side and let it dry. Or suck it pretty much dry with a shop vac. This is the way to clean your mats as well. It's just beer 99% of the smell will go away. Also do yourself a favor and go to WalMart and pick up a Bissel Little Green Clean Machine. IMO No home should be without one.
Then after your done wipe the sweat from your brow and call Leo to "fog" your car if that's what you want to do.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor

You definitely have to clean it out as others and I have recommended in the beginning.

But just to be clear, my dry fog odor removal is not a "cover-up", it's an odor neutralizer. Although it has a scent, it is actually a by product of the odor counteractant agent. With that say, different odor may require different chemical and my solution don’t work on EVERY odor (different chemical signature). That’s why the $25 is only the generic odor counteractant which works for most of the daily odors. I also have specialized sprays for pet odor and food odor.

Originally Posted by ipozestu
but.... All you are going to do is cover the odor. You need to get what is causing the smell out of there.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:22 PM

Car Info: '00 GT Wagon, BP wannabe
You have to clean it up but the stuff Leo has will neutralize the odors. I'm confident about that.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:23 AM

I'd like to do the fog odor remover, im going to try and get my car cleaned out first, but I think I can get a few buddies setup so you could do 3 cars at once or something. I'll keep in touch.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
K so I have a 04 WRX and my seats are so hard to clean, there stained to, you cant see it relly but its there, how do I keep those things clean?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 PM

aren't there any worthwhile carpet shampoo/cleaning places that do a sweet job for money? I mean i can understand a lot suck but there has to be one that is good enen if they charge for it
Old 01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Former Vendor

Check out your local detailers... I've never used one before so I can't recommend, sorry... You should get it done SOON, even just to use the rental stuff. You don't want them to settle into the cushions (assuming it got to your back seats).