need advice about a money issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 11:07 PM

need advice about a money issue.

so a friend of mine, sold something to his "friend." now, this "friend" did not have enough money at the time to pay, so they both agreed that he would pay $20 on a weekly basis. at the beginning, the payments were frequent, but soon the excuses came. there always seemed to be some reason for him to not pay; whether it was that he lost his job, or was sick, etc etc. now almost 6 months later, my friend is still out $450. and here is the kicker, we know that this guy has been looking to buy other things with the money that he does not have.

what should my bud do?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:49 PM

Car Info: 04 STI
give him a last chance, and then beat him down
Old 06-19-2006, 12:08 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05' WRX STi
friend eh... tell him he has 2 weeks or else..
Old 06-19-2006, 12:10 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
yeah, so this guy that Vic is talking about is me.

this issue is between me and Abi. no one else. yeah i know people are gonna look down on me about this, but at least i owned up as a man and admitted that it was me.

--->Abi is recieveing payment on Friday<--- yes, i lost two jobs... one of which was because of an emergency situation that was posted here. most of my money went to this. kinda sucks when someone almost dies and they have no health insurance, but thats their loss. but im not using this as an excuse. im sure i could have worked out a way to pay him in my time of crisis, but i wasnt in the right state of mind to figure out anything. so, long story short, i talked to Abi in person at DCMP last friday, and he is getting paid. if anyone has anything to say about this, go ahead. the issue is between me and Abi, and the friend whom he brought along as a witness. and if anyone has any objection to that, see whos names are on the contract. Abi has a copy, his friend has a copy, and so do i ( and a photocopy in my brothers possesion ) the contract stated that he would recieve payment every friday at DCMP. because of my incident, i disappeared, except to show up here and ask for prayer. yeah, it may sound like im making excuses, but ive never been the type of guy to stress about what people think of me. too much wasted energy. so to reiterate, Abi is recieving payment. no sweat off my back on Vic's part, cuz hes looking out for his boy.

as far as looking for other stuff to buy whilst i owe another individual, nothing has been bought, and the only money i have spent has been on gas, phone bills, and rent. theres nothing new on my car at all, its still the L bucket everyone saw at Hammy.

Last edited by rau; 06-19-2006 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:16 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Just work a weekend in the city, you'll have money to burn as well as your *****.

Old 06-19-2006, 12:21 AM
rau
Something Custom

Originally Posted by mcdrama
Just work a weekend in the city, you'll have money to burn as well as your *****.

thanks, but i like condoms, and triple baggin it is a necessity in SF
Old 06-19-2006, 12:26 AM
rau
Something Custom

on a side note, if anyone notices, im not here screaming " dont flame me, i didnt do it". i accepted fault, and told all of BAIC that i was--->manning up and resuming payment<--- so i accepted fault at what i did. people are gonna say im a dick, and i dont care. once everything is settled, the issue is dead, and we can all go on resuming our normal lives.

Last edited by rau; 06-19-2006 at 12:42 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:44 AM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
+1 for walter manning up

He's a stand up guy in my book, its not like he skipped town, sometimes **** just hits the fan
Old 06-19-2006, 01:00 AM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
It's cool Walter. It's been a struggle man. Even though $20 ain't much to a lot of people, but for folks who don't earn much or lost their jobs, even $20 a week is sorta painful to swallow. Sometimes sh*t happens and even that extra $20 is hard to come by.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:24 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
wow, that really goes to show that if you just mention one thing that someones done, it can make them look liek a horrible person. While reading the first post Iw as thinking this guy was a flake making up excuses or whatnot, but then I see its Rau, who what I've seen of through the boards is a pretty cool and honest person. Its starting to annoy me how everyone sees a reason they don't like as an "excuse".
Old 06-19-2006, 01:26 AM

Car Info: WRB STi Hatch, JSW Diesel
ive met rau before and he is a good man and i dont think hes trying to evade your friend. if you need a job, i can probably get you one at umnitza in pleasanton

Last edited by dynamicprojeKtz; 06-19-2006 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:47 AM

Car Info: 씨발 개새끼야.
ok, let me make the styory straight...i HAVE NOT RECEIVED any payment for about 3 months.
If he keep paying me since the date that he signed the contract, he might finish the payment by now. he said that he is able to pay the amount that we agree every week.

he paid me the first 5 payment. after that he stop come to DCMP or he came w/ empty handed. he gave me so many reasons, "oh Abi, i forgot ur money. i will bring it next week" and the next week the same sentence again. he comes to DCMP meet and see me like nothing happened. he still has his job at that time. if he keep continue to pay every week as he promised, it would be done by now.
Now, he lost his job and he is payment got delayed because of that.

the point is, he SHOULD HAVE paid the payment when he still has the job. he should not delayed the payment at that time. he SIGNED the paper, he GAVE his word by signing it.
because of this money problem, i had to part out my car and sell them and also my aquarium tank setup that i have for three years to make some money. since i cannot have a job (Imigration law).

thanks vic and some DCMPers (that know the situation) for the forum. we'll see wassap this coming friday...

Last edited by Prjct lancaster; 06-19-2006 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: SCBYDON
i guess there is always two sides of the story....lol....
Old 06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: $200,000 sports car
Originally Posted by Prjct lancaster
ok, let me make the styory straight...i HAVE NOT RECEIVED any payment for about 3 months.
If he keep paying me since the date that he signed the contract, he might finish the payment by now. he said that he is able to pay the amount that we agree every week.

he paid me the first 5 payment. after that he stop come to DCMP or he came w/ empty handed. he gave me so many reasons, "oh Abi, i forgot ur money. i will bring it next week" and the next week the same sentence again. he comes to DCMP meet and see me like nothing happened. he still has his job at that time. if he keep continue to pay every week as he promised, it would be done by now.
Now, he lost his job and he is payment got delayed because of that.

the point is, he SHOULD HAVE paid the payment when he still has the job. he should not delayed the payment at that time. he SIGNED the paper, he GAVE his word by signing it.
because of this money problem, i had to part out my car and sell them and also my aquarium tank setup that i have for three years to make some money. since i cannot have a job (Imigration law).

thanks vic and some DCMPers (that know the situation) for the forum. we'll see wassap this coming friday...
you had to part out your car and sell it over $20 per week?
Old 06-19-2006, 03:44 PM
rau
Something Custom

WHAT?! part out your car!? over $20 a week? after you bought your new 18x7.5" RS-GTs and your Chargespeed front bumper, which was after i bought the rims?! WTF?! are you serious? normally im the first to call out with the BS flag, but im leaving it alone this time. im not gonna say a single thing else about it......

im not denying that i didnt come to a few meets emptyhanded, and i do not deny saying that i did forget your payment. yes, i did both things.

but c'mon man, part out your car? are you serious? its none of my business, and im gonna sound like a dick for asking, but what did you do before i bought the wheels?

Last edited by rau; 06-19-2006 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply: need advice about a money issue.