My poor baby! Well at least I知 alive.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 04:49 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
DAMN!!! That is really crappy, I am so sorry to hear about that. Glad your OK, but I feel your cars pain! Also, I have one thing to say on the whole SUV thing.....(My other vehicle is a Chevy Tahoe 2 door) Granted I rarely drive it on the street (its setup for some heavy offroading trails) But I USED to use it as a daily driver.....now its kinda like the whole "guns dont kill ppl, but ppl kill ppl" thing...... Well, SUV's dont kill ppl....its the MORONS that drive 'em like they are driving a Honda civic that cause accidents....YOU CANT DO THAT!!!! you have to drive it like its an SUV...a LARGE, SLOW and not very AGILE vehicle....ppl that dont understand that concept think they can drive a BUS like you drive a car....so they go out and get a big SUV and drive it like its a car....then they cause accidents and give SUV's a bad rap. Well, an SUV driven by someone that is CAPABLE of driving it is a perfectly safe mode of transportation. I have driven my truck through some of the worst situations imaginable (taking into account weather, other cars on the road, road conditions, etc...) and because I KNOW MY TRUCK and I KNOW ITS LIMITS, I have driven away from some extremely close calls, with zero damage to anyones possetions. So basically, what I am saying is dont DISS on the SUV....its not at fault....it ONLY does what the JACKASS driving it tells it to do. So when you see some idiot driving an SUV like a F***ING B**TARD, know that if an accident were to occur....the DRIVER is the one that caused it.....not the fact that he was driving a large vehicle.......

my 2「

-Ted
Old 06-16-2003, 07:58 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

gotta backup ted here.

my previous daily to the wrx, now sti, is a 1990 toyota 4runner.

but right on the driver's side visor, there is a sticker warning not to drive it like a car or expect it to handle like one.

people are stupid. i've owned that truck since 26 miles in may 20, 1990. i have taken it 4 wheeling in places where i didnt think it was possible. that's what they are made for.

apparently, these days, both manufactueres and buyers think they are the new station wagon (i dont want to rant forever on this subject so i'll just leave it at that...)
Old 06-17-2003, 10:41 AM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
Well its at a body shop now, I think they will take good care of my WRX. The owner of the shop said he would get the guy with the most amount of training to work on my car. Also any of my aftermarket parts that were damaged will be covered by my AAA insurance. I think I知 going to forget about upgrading the parts and just have it replaced with stock parts, its much easier that way.

I am a bit worried about what is damaged when it comes to the engine. The engine was pushed about 1 inch forward and a little to the right. The power steering reservoir was knocked off its perch, just hanging on the hose. The timing belt cover was cracked. When it comes to the engine what should I be concerned about? Thank you.

Old 06-17-2003, 03:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2003 PSM STi
Thanks for the backup ldivinag!

Originally posted by Darkstar
I am a bit worried about what is damaged when it comes to the engine. The engine was pushed about 1 inch forward and a little to the right. The power steering reservoir was knocked off its perch, just hanging on the hose. The timing belt cover was cracked. When it comes to the engine what should I be concerned about? Thank you.

Well, in my opinion, be concerned about EVERYTHING!!!! Watch that engine verrrry close for the next thousand miles or so....keep an eye on your engine/tranny mounts....watch for ANY leaks of ANY kind (fluids, or exhaust). LISTEN and FEEL what the motor tells you....usually if something is wrong, you will be able to hear it, or feel it..... If something just doesnt sound/feel right, there is most likely something wrong....have it looked at!
Once it is fixed.....that doesnt mean that driving around wont cause something to break that was stressed in the accident but not totally broken.... Better to be safe than sorry.

-Ted

I'll give you my 5「 on this one....LOL
Old 06-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6

I was going to PM you at the end of the week about meeting up, as next week i'm a summer camp just outside of Cazadero, and i wouldn't mind one bit to swing down to Monte Rio and meet up for lunch or something.

We can still do that if you are down, but I wanted to see your car

Where this happen? 116; River Road; Cazadero HWY?

-Gagan
Old 06-23-2003, 06:39 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Bump
Old 06-23-2003, 07:56 AM

Car Info: I've had cars...BRZ next
Your idea about waiting to get the "upgraded" parts is just crazy...why pay (even if the insurance pays, you are paying) for the same old parts and then buy the upgraded parts later. You can buy all the replacement parts you want and the body shop can buy them from you and it is very easy, especially if you can use the internet. Between www.subaruparts.com and all the vendors on this site, you can get almost anything.
Old 06-23-2003, 09:02 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2016 Acura RDX ... meh. Um, nice subwoofer?
One great thing I've found about getting aftermarket parts is that they are generally less than dealership prices for stock parts. This isn't a hard and fast rule, but I find that it applies for body parts (er, unless its the obnoxious prices of Kaminari).

You make sure the body shop quotes to the insurance for stock parts. Then you take the $ and get aftermarket parts. I did this and had $ left over, to boot! No scamming, nothing illegal. The insurance company compensates you... you can do whatever you like with the $.

jason