My poor baby! Well at least I知 alive.

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 06:44 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
My poor baby! Well at least I知 alive.

This all happened Saturday 14.

Coming up to the stop sign 100 yards from my house I am about to turn left on to the main Hwy, I look left and see a SUV going over the double yellow passing around a car turning off the road. I come to a stop at the line, and look right to see what痴 coming from that direction. Just as I am turning my head to look left again, baaamm my rex is knocked 1/3 around, and at the same time I see the SUV rolling over at least two times right in front of me, ending up on its roof.

I jumped out of my car and ran to the SUV, but I could not get any of their doors open, all of them were jammed. I got on the ground and looked inside, the two of them were hanging upside-down and I could see blood on one of their hands. By then a lot more people were pulling over, and in a few minutes the paramedics were there.

The good news : I知 all right and the two people in the SUV had only minor injuries.
Here痴 the bad news:
Attached Thumbnails -103-0317_img.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 06:51 PM

And I just put on new mesh fog light covers on to. You never know when something like this can happen. My other mods are turbox stealth-back, perrin up-pipe, Kartboy endlinks, 22mm swaybar and cf look side markers.

Last edited by Darkstar; 06-15-2003 at 08:13 PM.
Old 06-15-2003, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Damn.. I am glad you are not seriously injured..
Old 06-15-2003, 07:50 PM

I have never been in an accident before, so any advice would be great. I don稚 know if there was any other damage, but I was able to drive it a few feet so the engine was still running.

I want to replace some of it with aftermarket parts but I don稚 know how to go about that. It has to be taken to the dealer to be checked out. And someone from insurance has to take a look at it. I did not get a good chance to really look it over before they took it away.
Attached Thumbnails -103-0315_img.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 07:59 PM
@Stoptech

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
the main thing with insurance companies is not to accept their first offer. they will try to lowball you and if you take it, you're totally screwed. be sure to talk to as many people as possible and find the BEST body shop you can. i think a "frame-o-matic" with all the measuring equipment is what you want, but you may want to check on that.

also, keep an eye on your neck and back. those are areas where after effects can pop up later. good luck and ask you if have any questions.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
make sure they replace everything w/ new parts. I mean everything!!!

And from the looks of damages, you want to make sure they check the radiator and tubing thoroughly..
Old 06-15-2003, 09:45 PM

Thank you all for your kind words and advice. I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-16-2003, 01:00 AM

dude ive totaled 2 subies in the past2 years. so unfortunately i know what ur going through...btw im not a bad driver they werent my fault. a suv ran a red and hit me head on and the other one was when someone crossed over the line and hit me head on. your suby doesnt look that bad at all. but do replace all the parts and make sure to get atleast 2 estimates from other people. some insurance folks are just plain d!cks but some are cool. if the damages come out to roughly 70% then they can declare it totaled...to they will reinburse u for the aftermarket parts if u have the reciets. but i mean i would only worry about ur frame...and it looks like very minor frame damage imho...but good luck with it. glad ur ok too

chris
Old 06-16-2003, 08:28 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
Glad you're still among us!

One thing that trips me out is how a WRX can take a heavy hit and not show that much damage...
Old 06-16-2003, 08:39 AM

Car Info: 2003 blue EVO
glad to hear your OK...

And they say Stupid Ugly Vehicles are safer. hmmm... how does that work. the SUV rolls and hits your subie you walk away from it, the passengers in the SUV are

a: stuck in an upside down vehicle which would really suck if it did one of those hollywood burst into flames type deals.

b) they needed medical attention...

Good luck on the subie!
Old 06-16-2003, 03:40 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX Wagon, it's blue!
Looks totalled to me. Good luck and the advice about the insurance companies first offer is good. If they send you a check that isn't enough, don't cash it, it's almost impossible to get more if you do.

Quick Reply: My poor baby! Well at least I知 alive.