My Own NIGHTMARE with Gruppe-S I Urge you to read!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 01:25 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
Originally Posted by WREXNFX
look at the post right above yours its from gruppe-s

these rant posts are the reason why I do all my own work on my cars.
but gruppe -s has done a few things on my car and I never had a problem with the work they have done.
it is one of the best shops that is local to my location.
my bad, wasnt paying attention......
Old 05-03-2006, 01:30 PM

Car Info: 2006 Legacy Spec B
Originally Posted by slow04wrx
Lol, get real.
spead limit on 101 is 65 and he is doing 100 that is 25 over the limit and that leagally puts him in jail for some attempted vehicular something.

read this some place
Old 05-03-2006, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by specb
spead limit on 101 is 65 and he is doing 100 that is 25 over the limit and that leagally puts him in jail for some attempted vehicular something.

read this some place
most part of 101 is 55. at least i would rather buy stuff from GS then MPJ.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: AWD & RWD JDM
Originally Posted by BOOOST4
Brakes are brakes. You screw those up there is NO excuse.

I don't care if it's 1 install or 1 million installs. This isn't an exhaust leak issue.

There has to be a QA/QC check with redundant controls for something like brake work. Wouldn't ANYONE here expect that from a professional shop?

You're talking about life and death. If the brakes were indeed installed incorrectly, there is NO EXCUSE.

IF, they were installed incorrectly, then I don't accept the "we're all human" excuse. No one here should. This isn't forgetting a gasket...these are brakes and fatalities can result even with conservative driving.
Seriously.

I just love how several people have gone off topic and attacked the OP for driving triple-digit speeds, as if one could not also be killed driving around with faulty brakes going 65. The important and essential point is that he had faulty brakes, an issue that occurred after the oem lines were replaced.

Slow04wrx, perhaps your post would have been better served by you not mentioning the speeds at which you normally drive, since we can all use our imagination to realize that one can die driving at posted freeway speeds with inoperable brakes. I regret that this happened to you, but I am thankful for the info. and that nothing serious happened to you.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:48 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX sedan
would the e-brake still work?
Old 05-04-2006, 01:31 PM

I definitely don't nor would I ever consider living in LA. I'm from the Bay Area, but have been down south for almost a year, but will be returning for good in a month or so. And when you are driving on the 101 up to the bay in the middle of nowhere i don't see anything wrong with hitting 100.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:56 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
you've been down south for a year but you don't live in LA?

I think what the person was pointing out is that you live in SoCal because of the way you speak
Old 05-04-2006, 02:02 PM

I definitely don't nor would I ever consider living in LA. I'm from the Bay Area, but have been down south for almost a year, but will be returning for good in a month or so. And when you are driving on the 101 up to the bay in the middle of nowhere i don't see anything wrong with hitting 100.
i don't think there is ever "middle of nowhere" on 101 in the bay area
Old 05-04-2006, 02:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Yup, 101 between Novato and Petaluma. Especially after 2am.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:03 PM

Car Info: BMW X5M. No more twinscroll LGT
Originally Posted by huck
Yup, 101 between Novato and Petaluma. Especially after 2am.

Yea, and 152 between 1am-3am is definitely gives you that middle of nowhere feel....enough to take a dump along the side of the road.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:05 PM

obviously you have never driven the 101, and if you could do a better job reading my post, you'd see I said on the way up to the Bay Area. Anyawys get off it man, for real whats your problem, go drive your wrx the speed limit somewhere.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:26 PM

obviously you have never driven the 101, and if you could do a better job reading my post, you'd see I said on the way up to the Bay Area. Anyawys get off it man, for real whats your problem, go drive your wrx the speed limit somewhere.
ok apart from the brake issue, you need to understand that speeding on streets causes us fellow drivers in danger. Cops target wrx drivers because of a few like you.

go on a track if you really want to speed and see how your skills are.

my 2 cents and i will stop now.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 PM

Car Info: WRX STi
Yes, speeding is bad...your a very bad boy, mmmmkay. Lol
Old 05-04-2006, 05:03 PM

ok apart from the brake issue, you need to understand that speeding on streets causes us fellow drivers in danger. Cops target wrx drivers because of a few like you.

go on a track if you really want to speed and see how your skills are.

my 2 cents and i will stop now.

hahahahaha, i do go to the track, but i also drive fast on the street where/when i deem it safe.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 05-04-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Car Info: Saabaru
Everyone is flaming someone. Stop it already. OP should deal with GS directly to deal with this problem. If the problem was not resolved for whatever after you've contacted the people allegedly guilty, post all you want. But don't post if you haven't even tried. You can post after you get the results. There is no point in going around ranting on about a mistake. Have you not made a mistake before?

If you(OP) drive tripple digits on 101 even if it is late-night, you probably have put someone's life in jeopardy(by cutting them off, doing whatever crazy things in the car) whether you know/admit it, I am not referring to this particular instance, but overall driving preference. So that is something else to think about...

I understand with this particular instance, the circumstances are different and you would get much more emotionally involved, I would furious as well(wouldn't you? rest of the flamers). So people on this board really need to give OP a break as well due the extreme nature of the issue.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, learn from this, check other people's work, go to another place, do whatever will make you feel comfortable next time.

Quick Reply: My Own NIGHTMARE with Gruppe-S I Urge you to read!