MONTEREY BAY sightings thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '13 BRZ Limited / '02 WRX
MONTEREY BAY sightings thread

Ok, I've been seeing a lot of Subies in the Monterey/Salinas area, so its time to see if any of them are on here.

Today on Hwy 68:WRB Bugeye with blacked out lights and a Greddy logo in the "STi" logo spot.

Past few days around Monterey:WRB '06 WRX with surf boards on the top

A few weeks ago in Monterey on Del Monte Blvd: Silver GC8 with STi wing (gorgeous car )

As always, I'm in the PSM bugeye with unpainted morrettes and an STi wing
Old 05-21-2006, 09:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
we should include gilas and watson in this.

I see folks around here quite often.

If you include santa cruz area I saw some white sedan smashing through the cabrillo parking lot on sat. I heard it taking off and thought it was my car....I RAN into the parking garage to see a white blur out of the corner of my eye...my car is white. Almost crapped myself until I saw the back of it...sedan. I have a wagon.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

alright, we'll include the Santa Cruz area too. I originally just said Monterey so we can recruit them into our meets
Old 05-22-2006, 12:55 AM

Car Info: evo8
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
we should include gilas and watson in this.

I see folks around here quite often.

If you include santa cruz area I saw some white sedan smashing through the cabrillo parking lot on sat. I heard it taking off and thought it was my car....I RAN into the parking garage to see a white blur out of the corner of my eye...my car is white. Almost crapped myself until I saw the back of it...sedan. I have a wagon.

white sedan's a local in aptos i met him a while back,i think i remember him saying its auto also.theres another black rex there also and a silver with gold rims that goes to cabrillo.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:30 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
Keep seeing an 04-05 WRB with CF hood in South Salinas. Blonde female driver.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:53 AM

Car Info: 2008 specB
nice looking white GC8 done up like an STi this morning about 740 getting on NB1 at Park Ave near Cabrillo....WRB 04/5 STi NB1 at Freedom, we looked at each other and i waved, but tinted windows and SB1 direction = probably not seeing me lol....i see the same subys pretty much every morning, i'm in the WRB '04 sedan tinted windows, no wing
Old 05-22-2006, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by RedStage
Keep seeing an 04-05 WRB with CF hood in South Salinas. Blonde female driver.
I saw that too! on 68, turning on to hitchcock road. I've also seen another girl with a white STi, but shes always on her cell so I can never waive her down
Old 05-22-2006, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Ver IV STi Wagon
/\ she's been down by my area once, she looked surprised to see my car. I went to turn around to see where she went and she had already turned down another street.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

I would have turned around and followed her, but I was already following Hope, and I dont think she would have been happy about that one
Old 05-22-2006, 02:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
white sedan's a local in aptos i met him a while back,i think i remember him saying its auto also.theres another black rex there also and a silver with gold rims that goes to cabrillo.
ahhhh.,....

yeah I got a nod from the dude in the black rex once. haven't seen the silver one. I did see a female in a blue one. Looks lowered. Stock wheels. Has pillar gauges. I've parked next to her like 10 times and seen her damn near every time and she hasn't done so much as nod...bah.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by MBasile
alright, we'll include the Santa Cruz area too. I originally just said Monterey so we can recruit them into our meets
I had this dude track me down in gilroy about a month ago. Apparently they have like 9 cars in a little group of friends. 3 evo 3 sti 3 wrx.

Seemed like a cool guy. Said he used to meet with everyone at that walmart meet over in salinas. I don't think all that many people over here know of i-club. i alex would hook a dude up with some stickers I'd put them in the windshield wipers.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Aspen White Subaru STI
Originally Posted by SolSurferX
nice looking white GC8 done up like an STi this morning about 740 getting on NB1 at Park Ave near Cabrillo....WRB 04/5 STi NB1 at Freedom, we looked at each other and i waved, but tinted windows and SB1 direction = probably not seeing me lol....i see the same subys pretty much every morning, i'm in the WRB '04 sedan tinted windows, no wing
IS it stock?? I know that crazy english man that lived down my street his wife drove around a stock white sti.
Old 05-23-2006, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by SuzWRX
IS it stock?? I know that crazy english man that lived down my street his wife drove around a stock white sti.
eh? which one?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:40 PM

Saw a few today in the Morgan Hill area.... 11:15-silver bugeye with CF hood and STi wing parked near the McDonalds in Tennent Station(?)....1:30-Gilroy black 04/05 STi pulled into the Best Buy parking lot...3:30-2 '06 WRB WRX's NB101 just south of Morgan Hill one with mudflaps, the other with tint....oh and saw Punchy (of Punchy and Krissy, I think a few of you know them...) with his CF Trunk and fenders...
Old 05-23-2006, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SolSurferX
(of Punchy and Krissy
hahaha

anyways, I saw an '06 STi on hwy 1 today. It was that goldish/silverish color. I caught up to him and gave him a wave....looked stock

Quick Reply: MONTEREY BAY sightings thread