March 5 Buttonwillow

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 06:03 PM

Car Info: '08 GT3/'08 Cayenne Turbo/'02 WRX Sedan/'95 E36 M3
March 5 Buttonwillow

www.speedventures.net

i know it's a little late, but... anyone going to this?
Old 03-02-2004, 01:14 PM

Car Info: '08 GT3/'08 Cayenne Turbo/'02 WRX Sedan/'95 E36 M3
anyone?

it's $170 and there are still spots open...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:44 PM

I'll go if ya pay for me
Old 03-05-2004, 09:21 PM

holy!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 09:31 PM

Car Info: 02 Impreza WRX sedan
Yikes.

Both front airbags deployed. Look what the fire did to the aluminum hood! Hope the driver is okay.

--
0==WW==0
"…axles of evil…" - george w. bush
Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 PM

Hi Guys,

That was my car you guys are seeing in the pics. I came out of the hospital with a fractured knee and bruised pelvis and chest. Story goes as at the end of the front straight, going counterclockwise, theres a right turn which I took going in too fast and touched dirt with the left rear wheel which resulted in over-rotating the car and I slid into the wall. The rear diff certainly was working as the rear right tire gripped the pavment while the rear left was slipping. I was concious the entire time as the airbags ripped my visor off of my helmet on impact. Going around 70mph to 0 in one second into a wall leaves alot energy to be absorbed by me. This was third time visiting Buttonwillow and I was just getting too confident in trying to best my previous laps. The car has been towed to a collision center so my insurance can estimate the value and consider it totaled. This is definitely a reality check on what can happen at the track, so be careful out there guys. The last thing anyone wants to see is all their time, money and work they put into their car go away in an instant. My return to any track won't be for awhile as I've scared myself and loved ones enough to put away the heel toe and move to safe automatic, hopefully a new Prius considering the insane gas prices now. Take care guys, and be careful on the Subaru day later on this month.

Clive
02 WRX 48kmi *RIP*
Old 03-06-2004, 12:47 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally posted by project_cdubb
Hi Guys,

That was my car you guys are seeing in the pics. I came out of the hospital with a fractured knee and bruised pelvis and chest. Story goes as at the end of the front straight, going counterclockwise, theres a right turn which I took going in too fast and touched dirt with the left rear wheel which resulted in over-rotating the car and I slid into the wall. The rear diff certainly was working as the rear right tire gripped the pavment while the rear left was slipping. I was concious the entire time as the airbags ripped my visor off of my helmet on impact. Going around 70mph to 0 in one second into a wall leaves alot energy to be absorbed by me. This was third time visiting Buttonwillow and I was just getting too confident in trying to best my previous laps. The car has been towed to a collision center so my insurance can estimate the value and consider it totaled. This is definitely a reality check on what can happen at the track, so be careful out there guys. The last thing anyone wants to see is all their time, money and work they put into their car go away in an instant. My return to any track won't be for awhile as I've scared myself and loved ones enough to put away the heel toe and move to safe automatic, hopefully a new Prius considering the insane gas prices now. Take care guys, and be careful on the Subaru day later on this month.

Clive
02 WRX 48kmi *RIP*
Damn Clive, Sorry to hear that.

I hope you get well soon and everything goes well with you and your insurance company.

-Zoeb

Quick Reply: March 5 Buttonwillow