long drive or NOOB Heaven?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 08:17 PM

long drive or NOOB Heaven?

Heading 400+ miles south tomorrow AM to get my first WRX. It is a red '02 wagon with low miles at a dealership. Stock, no mods. Looks good, but not a done deal - damn near though. This is "replacing" my former good driver, a '67 Plymouth GTX w/440. I feel like I'm going to NOOB heaven, but it's probably just in my head. If all goes well I will post some pics as there seems to be a shortage of red WRX's in No Kal. Does anyone know how many '02 red wagons were sold in the US? Wish me luck - it's a long drive. Denny
Old 09-15-2005, 08:52 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Just out of curiosity what exactly do you mean by NOOB heaven? Do you mean, the Subaru community, the dealership, etc?
My friend does have a SRP sedan, and imho takes a little while to get used to. Good luck working with dealership, and hopefully you got a great price to be driving that far.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:01 PM

NOOB Heaven = Just the anticipation of getting and finally actually getting a car that I will appreciate, have fun driving and maybe modding a bit after all the research, searching, studying etc. Red is the reason. And the half-way decent ones seem to be few and far between. The price isn't exactly great, but fair given what I've seen over the last 3 months.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:30 AM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
I drove my 04 wagon for 6 months I think before modifying it. I think it really helps you appreciate the car that much more once you start to modify it.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:56 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by mcdrama
I drove my 04 wagon for 6 months I think before modifying it. I think it really helps you appreciate the car that much more once you start to modify it.
you sound like my wife..

start modding immediately...I've modded a few different cars over the years, but the scooby blows them all away with how effective cheap mods can be. I started with a re-flash and new rear sway bar.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:12 PM
the artist formerly known as mcdrama

Car Info: WRBP 2015 WRX Premium/CVT
Originally Posted by glenspen
you sound like my wife..

start modding immediately...I've modded a few different cars over the years, but the scooby blows them all away with how effective cheap mods can be. I started with a re-flash and new rear sway bar.

are you a pro driver or something? Most of us that drive these cars can not out drive the car. The car will usually go a lot further then most drivers are willing to go.

I am a young driver, I went from driving a stock civic to the WRX, so I kept it stock for a while.

Then again it could just be that your wife has more sense, or is more cautious then you are.

But anyways...
Denny I hope you enjoy the drive home in your new subie. These cars are amazing no matter what year you get.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:04 PM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: You guys mad.
why are you getting rid of a 440?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:17 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
you sound like my wife..

Yes, I agree!! Mod that beotch as soon as you can! I regret not modding earlier
Old 09-16-2005, 02:21 PM

Car Info: 05 LegacyGT,06 Black STI Will be home Soon
Originally Posted by rau
why are you getting rid of a 440?
+1

Are you trading it in or selling private??
Old 09-16-2005, 02:32 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Wagon
You should have a PM.......
Old 09-16-2005, 03:31 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Originally Posted by mcdrama
are you a pro driver or something? Most of us that drive these cars can not out drive the car. The car will usually go a lot further then most drivers are willing to go.

I am a young driver, I went from driving a stock civic to the WRX, so I kept it stock for a while.

Then again it could just be that your wife has more sense, or is more cautious then you are.
she has LOTS more sense and is FAR more cautious... that's why I don't drive a 400 whp track day monster WRX.

Take your car to a track day and you'll out-drive the car real quickly...then you'll be all "I need better brakes, tyres and suspension"
Old 09-16-2005, 09:54 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
she has LOTS more sense and is FAR more cautious... that's why I don't drive a 400 whp track day monster WRX.

Take your car to a track day and you'll out-drive the car real quickly...then you'll be all "I need better brakes, tyres and suspension"
no

you only THINK you need all those things. What you really need is some skill...

-Gagan
Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 PM

Car Info: Saabaru
About the red rex's, in the recent years I've noticed maybe 4 red rexes, and a few burgundies, I bought 92x, and there were a few red ones, its a nice red that subaru's got, I guess the signature color is bright blue, I wonder since its their signature color, that is why saab couldn't get it...either way I wanted a yellow, the 01/02 bright yellow not the brownish ones...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:21 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
no

you only THINK you need all those things. What you really need is some skill...

-Gagan

I would have to agree.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:46 AM

Car Info: 03wrx =]
Originally Posted by sendin
Heading 400+ miles south tomorrow AM to get my first WRX. It is a red '02 wagon with low miles at a dealership. Stock, no mods. Looks good, but not a done deal - damn near though. This is "replacing" my former good driver, a '67 Plymouth GTX w/440. I feel like I'm going to NOOB heaven, but it's probably just in my head. If all goes well I will post some pics as there seems to be a shortage of red WRX's in No Kal. Does anyone know how many '02 red wagons were sold in the US? Wish me luck - it's a long drive. Denny
Haha, it will definetly be noob heaven.
enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: long drive or NOOB Heaven?