Like Piloti driving shoes? they are back in business!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 04:16 PM

Like Piloti driving shoes? they are back in business!

Guess new shoes in a few months.

RE-LAUNCH 2014, NORTH AMERICA & EUROPE:

Cruise through our website for a sneak peek of our re-launch collection.
We’re reviving the beloved Prototipo, and an improved Spyder.
Make room in your closets for our new casual and luxury shoe line up, apparel, and accessories.

We’ve heard from lots of Piloti fans which styles you loved the best. Keep your comments coming! We take all into consideration as we continue to develop future collections.

You will be able to place orders through retailers and distributors throughout the US, Canada, and the UK. Contact info will be posted in the new year, and product will be available for the spring/summer of 2014.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 02-14-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 2006 STI
Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-14-2014, 04:28 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Figures - I just bought Puma's
Old 02-14-2014, 05:03 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Their shoes are terrible for driving. Heavy, wide... They were like Vans, but italian and 50% more expensive.

I love Adidas Adi shoes, and Vibrams for driving. Some of the Puma offerings are good, but nothing from Piloti was that great. Way too big and heavy. Not enough feel.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 05 WRX
Where is a good place to buy driving shoes?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Their shoes are terrible for driving. Heavy, wide... They were like Vans, but italian and 50% more expensive.

I love Adidas Adi shoes, and Vibrams for driving. Some of the Puma offerings are good, but nothing from Piloti was that great. Way too big and heavy. Not enough feel.
Um no. Maybe you tried a crappy pair. They made everything from casual shoes to actual racing shoes. Some of there super casual shoes which I checked out in the past were more bulky but still pretty darn nice. I bet ya 50 bucks my piloti g16's A light than your adidas or pumas. They also have nice sfi fia shoes.

Um WIDE? sorry bro have you ever even worn any or just looked at photos you are flat out wrong. I suggest you reeducate yourself on Piloti's. They are some of the thiniest soled shoes I've ever worn or tried on and are by no means heavy. Put that as nicely as I could without being a total dick. #Crackpipebackincloset.

Anyway I'm become a fan of the OMP sport os50 shoe. It's nice.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 02-14-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by slow04wrx

Um no. Maybe you tried a crappy pair. They made everything from casual shoes to actual racing shoes. I bet ya 50 bucks my piloti g16's A light than your adidas or pumas. They also have nice sfi fia shoes.

Um WIDE? sorry bro have you ever even worn any or just looked at photos you are flat out wrong. I suggest you reeducate yourself on Piloti's. They are some of the thiniest soled shoes I've ever worn or tried on and are by no means heavy. Put that as nicely as I could. #Crackpipebackincloset.

Anyway I'm become a fan of the OMP sport os50 shoe. It's nice.
Yeah, owning two pairs gives me no right to an opinion...

And

Thick, heavy and cushiony just like a pair of Vans.

Anything else you want to lash out at me about? Maybe you can tell me how bad my choice of pampers for my kid is, or the fact I put 87 octane in my forester perhaps?

#putslogicpipeaway
Old 02-14-2014, 09:36 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Yeah, owning two pairs gives me no right to an opinion...

Thick, heavy and cushiony just like a pair of Vans.

Anything else you want to lash out at me about? Maybe you can tell me how bad my choice of pampers for my kid is, or the fact I put 87 octane in my forester perhaps?

#putslogicpipeaway
Right? what a total dick.

I've got a pair of these and they are the heaviest, widest shoes I've ever owned. They are not great for driving, but they are one of my favorite walking around shoes.
I've gone through 4 or 5 sets of Adidas Adi Racer brand shoes as well as a couple of Puma speedcats, I consider both of those MUCH better driving shoes.

Chuck Taylors make great cheap driving shoes.
My favorites so far have been the DC Pro Spec 1.0, but they are waaaay too expensive and not available anymore. They are super thin soled and have heavy padding in the ankles. I liked them so much I had them re-soled.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:29 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I have a pair of Piloti Sebring shoes...

I agree with the above accounts of ****tyness. The sole is stiff and thick, I can barely feel the pedals. The compound on the heels has gone hard and they now slip around on the carpet in my footwell. For driving, the shoes a terrible. My DC skate shoes have proven to be much nicer for driving.

Last edited by JourdanWithaU; 02-14-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 PM

Car Info: 13 Taco Double Cab 4x4/ 71 Datsun 510
Meh...
Old 02-14-2014, 11:17 PM

Car Info: 2011 STI Sedan
I've got a pair that are OK for feel, not sure which model. Not amazing, and not terribly robust -- separated across the outside toe and needed repaired.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:40 AM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
I'll add - if you want real driving shoes, there is no shortage
NASCAR Shoes | Simpson | Best Auto Racing Shoe Manufacturer
Old 02-15-2014, 12:18 PM

how can you say the soles of pilotis are thick? I think they look thick in the pictures and therefore you guys have decided your point of view.

Anyways I'm not trying to be an arguing ***** but having had pumas and still no shoes as thin as the piloti's I have it makes me laugh. Having skinny bird feet they are also by far the narrowest shoes.

Maybe we should take some measurements or something eh?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:26 PM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
Although I don't have any measuring tools, I just picked up both shoes. My Piloti shoes have a much thicker sole than my DC shoes.

My Piloti shoes are also hella narrow.

But I didn't make any claims to thickness and narrowness.

While I have both shoes in my hands, the soles from Piloti were mcuh stiffer than the DC soles. For me, that super soft sole is essential for feeling the pedals when I'm driving.

Also, fun thing to note, my DC shoes are SKATE shoes. Not intended for driving and I would choose the DC over the Piloti everyday.

I wasn't aware that Piloti event went out of business in the first place. If they did, it's because they made a poor product (shoes).
Old 02-16-2014, 12:33 AM

Werd, well my some have different soles than others. I just wanted to say hey don't discount the whole brand. Mine have super gummy soft soles but I do believe having tried on some other models that some do not. I would concede one of my pairs was pretty stiff for the first day or so of wearing. I really like my worn in omp's right now. All my pairs of skate shoes have been pretty good I think because they have a flat bottom, however I remember my globes being super heavy. Had to adjust when I got rid of them back in the day.

Quick Reply: Like Piloti driving shoes? they are back in business!