Let me flame on Stevens Creek Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 08:49 PM
UTR Member

Car Info: 93 Impreza L
it took them a whole week to get me an endlink bolt.

to them
Old 04-26-2004, 08:29 AM

Car Info: was 05 WRX Wagon
I had the misfortune of dealing w/ Stevens Creek Subaru when I purchased my 02 SRP WRX (this was before I knew about I-Club). I believe I posted the first review for Stevens Creek on the REVIEW board a while back. They practice selling tactics that Sonic Automotive group is going to court for back in Florida. Unfortunately, despite the long list of complaints on them w/ the BBB, the DA does not want to look into the matter so they continue to do business in their usual unethical manner.

wrexxy: Sorry to hear about your trouble w/ them. It took me almost 3 months to resolve the cancellation of the extended warranty they deceivingly made me sign for (they told me $200 for extended warranty; My ****, more like $2000).

wrexr: That's hella cool...you literally pissed on them

-Soren
Old 04-26-2004, 10:15 AM
Dahveed aka Robin Hood

Car Info: (RIP) '04 STi Silver
amernian mafia?

QUE???

Originally posted by ubercaff
I hope that whole ****hole of a ****ing amernian mafia burns to the ground.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:21 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
my buddy got barried by stevens creek. He traded in a car to them and they just bent him over......$36k...for a wrx wagon......that is not a typo. He pays about $100 more a month than I do and I bought one of the early 04's.

sucks..that place is aweful. I was looking there got a quote and realized that they quote you low on the phone...then you show up and they say oh we can't give you that price.....use some excuse like...we just sold the one priced that way. Then you test drive and they will hold your damn lisense until you offer them your first child.

I read and read all the complaints....read a couple of good reviews on Santa Cruz subaru and had my folks go down to Santa Cruz..they live there. And mind you this women lemoned to perfectly good cars.... she is that tough to deal with. She loved the dealership and loved charlie. So I went there...the best car buying experience you could ever dream of. My first new car and they walked me through it step by step. And they have taken incredible car of me with every service visit and random visits to bull**** and what not. And they are helping me out with my insurance issues cause I had a window blow up on me and it looks like I got hit with some shot gun spray in a couple areas of my car. they are totlaly helping me.

Props to charlie, ben, bruce....their freaking tech staff is awesome Rusty rips..can install uninstall just about everything you want...they were ripping out a front mount and full exhaust out of a car on sunday...

so glad...so very very glad i chose santa cruz....my buddy that bought from stevens creek...I ran into him yesterday....he was getting service done at santa cruz..haaa.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:41 AM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
Yeah, I was there on Sunday when you had your car in. Charlie sold me my 04 wrx and like you said, it's the best car buying experience you could wish for. Everyone at Santa Cruz is great at what they do. :banana:
Old 04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally posted by Monoxide
Yeah, I was there on Sunday when you had your car in. Charlie sold me my 04 wrx and like you said, it's the best car buying experience you could wish for. Everyone at Santa Cruz is great at what they do. :banana:
you gotta get those torques and come on out to hammy.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:31 PM

Car Info: 2003 WRX Sedan Silver
Livermore Subaru is recommended

Bought my 2003 WRX Sedan last June, when Subaru was offering special deals to get rid of the 2003's. I phoned several dealers to find out what they had in stock. When I asked for a price quote, most of the salesmen said, "How much do you want to pay?" So I'd tell them something, and get nowhere.

When I called Livermore Subaru, they told me what they had on the lot (a pretty good selection, as I recall), and gave me a quote straightaway: "You want the silver one without the short-shift kit, but with the rear spoiler? Okay, that's $22,451." (I don't remember the actual price, but I remember that it was good, based on the research I had done.)

When I showed up the next day, they quoted me the same price. I test drove the car, and bought it on the spot in about 30 minutes.

I don't have any experience with Livermore's service department. They're too far away for me to go there for service.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:10 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
If you all have ten minutes...do the following:
File consumer complaints with the:

FTC (if they see a number of complaints with a certain length of time, they investigate as the IRS would...can be a real pain in the rear ender for them)
Call: 1-877-FTC-HELP

Better Business Bureau
(Santa Clara Office)
(408)278-7400, email: info@bbbsilicon.org

SOA (again...and again and keep calling...make sure to take down the customer service rep's name at SOA and bug the ish out of them until you have satisfaction)

I learned my lesson...take action and contact every consumer agency that is available..the above should be a good start. Remember...Kaaarma!!! That Gorilla looking dude is going to drop a weight on his head one of these days or his tanning booth is going to malfunction and fry his ***** or something...give it time .

Last edited by GG STi15; 04-27-2004 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:12 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi
Oh and FYI...the Mitsubishi lot down the street is owned by the same a-hole that owns Stevens Creek Auto Imports...so heaven forbid...if you should ever want a Mitsu...go elsewhere...spread the word!!!! (this has already been brought to light but whateva...can't be said enough)
Old 04-26-2004, 04:53 PM

Car Info: sc300
ya some fruity lookin guy came up to me when i was picking up my car from 30k service and rear diff replacement (under warranty). he started smokin a cigarette all close to my car and my dad was like get that nasty **** outta here. then the fruity guy was like why dont you get an sti ill hook you up for 32,000.. i was about to say ill do a direct trade but he cut me off with some dumb sentence that he stopped halfway to take a puff off his death stick and cough off it. HAHA me and my dad started bustin up laughing. then the tech came back out and gave us our 400 bucks back for the ball joints he charged us for..
Old 04-26-2004, 10:57 PM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX Wagon
Just got back from Subaru of Santa Cruz - I've pulled most of my mods off and I'm paying them to take out my injectors because thats a pain in the a$$, Bruce and Ben were both working today and both of them were totally cool about the mods. Their attitude is "hey man, we'll work on your car no problem" they are up front about prices for work, always super honest on repairs. The difference is with Subaru of Santa Cruz, from the sales people (Sandy and Morgan sold me my '02 WRX new) to the service managers (Bruce, Mark and Ben have been totally awesome), everyone is about being HONEST and fair, but most of all honest.

My car is my work vehicle as well as my toy, so it has to be running pretty much 24/7 if I need it. I can't afford to have down-time. Taking my car to Ben or the other guys gives me peace of mind. I know it will be done right, I know I can count on them to have Ronnie or any of the guys get it done right the first time.

Oh - and I bought my 02 WRX right before the 03's came out at Subaru Santa Cruz even though it cost me $250 more, Ron Price wanted to cut me a deal for invoice price. My 2.5RS experiences at Santa Cruz left no doubt in my mind that they are the only place for me :banana: :banana:
Old 04-27-2004, 09:45 AM
General Pimpin'

aussie....which one was yours? was that the one they were pulling the front mount and exhaust off of? the silver one with the functified hood?
Old 04-27-2004, 10:07 AM

Car Info: 02 Silver WRX Wagon
Originally posted by OneManArmy
aussie....which one was yours? was that the one they were pulling the front mount and exhaust off of? the silver one with the functified hood?
oooooh wouldn't a FMIC be pimp?? no, mine is a silver wagon. It's only exterior mods are Prodrive 18" Anthracite P1's, 5-window mild tint, Stoptech Big Brake Kit and JDM Morrette's with the top and bottom painted silver. You can actually see pics of my car at my Yahoo Photos page

They're hopefully going to have the injectors out today - I miss my baby! haha - sad isn't it. Who else misses their REXes when they're away from them? Anyone from Santa Clara Subaru?? :P
Old 04-27-2004, 10:16 AM
General Pimpin'

ok..yeah I saw that car there.

there were a few nice ones there. A nice black sedan with a CF scoop. A white wagon on bronze SSR's or something similar..didn't get a real good look. slammed. really nice wagon. A silver sedan that was beat to hell that they were pulling tons of crap out of...ref pulled it off the road.

I know for sure there were 3 member cars there while I was there.

nice wagon I was checking out the wheels.

Talk about being away from the suby....I have a knee surgery coming in 2 weeks....if it goes one way I'm only out of the car a week. If it goes they other way I'm looking at at least 6 weeks...boooooooooo.

Quick Reply: Let me flame on Stevens Creek Subaru