Just test drove an EVO X 2011, I'm in love. Anyone want an STi?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CaliSuby
true.. Yo brucelee, thought you were off financialy really bad that you had to sell two of your guns to pay for your rent...buying another car wont help...
I just sold a ton of crap to some folks... Including all my old parts, as well as my coil overs, and many other things. The XD-40 is for sale too if anyone wants it. Asking $500, comes with 3 mags and 100 rounds of .40 ammo. It's a great gun and almost new. Not even close to 1,000 rounds put through it... Prolly like 500 all together. So if anyone wants a GREAT gun, $500 and it's yours.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SR20steve
It was my old 04 STi, for anyone who knows me here you are all very familiar. First motor was spun bearing from running too low on oil (by the previous owner) around 30k ish from excessive oil consumption (ringlands?) he replaced the shortblock with another OEM shortblock and I bought the car. Tuned by GST FWIW.

2nd motor was a cracked number 4 piston ringland, and was tuned by GST with a "conservative tune". I replaced the motor with a built shortblock (wiseco pistons, ACL bearing, cometic HG's, arp head studs, 08 oil pump). And sold it with said motor leaking from literally every single seal that could possible leak. Although the motor did run fine.

So yea you could say I had some bad luck with the EJ motors. So basically the car needed a whole new shortblock every 30k or so considering I sold the car with 100k, how about that for maintenance:

30k service, check oil, coolant, manual trans fluid, and replace shortblock
60k service, replace shortblock and timing belt

OUCH! That's rough man. My car was burning through Mobile 1 like there was no tomorrow until I switched to TOTAL oil, now I don't burn any oil at all. It's all about the oil! Our cars HATE mobile 1, absolutely HATE IT. I don't recommend running it on our EJ's. The old formula was good, but when they changed it thats when our cars started eating through it. All 3 of my subies, same thing and each time it was fixed by running TOTAL oil (Blackstone oil analysis say Total is the best of the best). GST runs it in the L, and I run it exclusively in my cars and will continue to do so until they change it or go out of business. I appreciate your input Steve.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
"trollin' hard"
Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee
I just sold a ton of crap to some folks... Including all my old parts, as well as my coil overs, and many other things. The XD-40 is for sale too if anyone wants it. Asking $500, comes with 3 mags and 100 rounds of .40 ammo. It's a great gun and almost new. Not even close to 1,000 rounds put through it... Prolly like 500 all together. So if anyone wants a GREAT gun, $500 and it's yours.
tempting... the wife is looking for a gun
Old 02-27-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Super reliable, accurate, and only $500 and comes with extras.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX - Stage 2 and EQ Tuned!
Originally Posted by Mr. Xevious
Old 02-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Car Info: WRX
Nice Daniel. I remember a couple years ago in Seramonte they had like 10 Evo X's, all $10k off msrp and I was so close to trading my wrx. The interior was so much more comfortable. I <3 Recaros. But the salesman was a dick and wouldn't let me test drive even though I had my dad there to cosign and I was ready to make a deal. And he didn't even know anything about the car. Turned me off so I left and forgot about the whole thing.

GL!
Old 02-27-2011, 10:00 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
San Leandro mitsu is a decent place to go.
I got my '10 X GSR for 32.5k with the SSS package. No haggle and no BS sales people. He simply threw me the keys and asked for my license and said come back in 20 minutes.
As for the comment of every Evo driver is an elitist ***** from Overbear, You met me and I'm chill as F so dont make a comment like that. I've met DB Sti drivers when I still had my Suby and same for evo drivers as well. I have also met chill suby and evo drivers as well.
I think the trunk in the X is crappy though as the battery and wiper bottle is in the back. The sub in the back is nice though.

Last edited by PikkaGTR; 02-27-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
San Leandro mitsu is a decent place to go.
I got my '10 X GSR for 32.5k with the SSS package. No haggle and no BS sales people. He simply threw me the keys and asked for my license and said come back in 20 minutes.
As for the comment of every Evo driver is an elitist ***** from Overbear, You met me and I'm chill as F so dont make a comment like that. I've met DB Sti drivers when I still had my Suby and same for evo drivers as well. I have also met chill suby and evo drivers as well.
I think the trunk in the X is crappy though as the battery and wiper bottle is in the back. The sub in the back is nice though.
were all db's in some way. lol I didn't like how there was not much trunk spacer or a pass through/seat fold down option. The prices I was looking at a couple years ago were ridiculous though. Like $25-$27k before fees. Lucky you about the test drive. I hate some salesmen that think they're the **** and think i'm a joy rider.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:37 PM

Car Info: '14 Odyssey & '13 Prius
Originally Posted by snowflow
Nice Daniel. I remember a couple years ago in Seramonte they had like 10 Evo X's, all $10k off msrp and I was so close to trading my wrx. The interior was so much more comfortable. I <3 Recaros. But the salesman was a dick and wouldn't let me test drive even though I had my dad there to cosign and I was ready to make a deal. And he didn't even know anything about the car. Turned me off so I left and forgot about the whole thing.

GL!
Yup...i passed by everyday. It must have been 10-12 Evo X's just sitting there for a couple weeks, maybe months. they were there for a long time.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM

They offered me 500 under invoice for any EVO... I didn't even have to ask. The guy let me drive it to my house to show my wife and drive back which was bad ***. It was a great experience actually.

They had an EVO9 there with a custom wide body kit, super wide tires but it had MY2000 Subaru Impreza RS seats in it. As in, the dude removed his recaros and put in 2.5RS seats into it. WTF!?

Anyway, anyone think I can get a better deal than 500 under invoice? I know there are two different invoice prices
Old 02-28-2011, 12:20 AM

Car Info: Miata and dirtbikes
OUCH! That's rough man. My car was burning through Mobile 1 like there was no tomorrow until I switched to TOTAL oil, now I don't burn any oil at all. It's all about the oil! Our cars HATE mobile 1, absolutely HATE IT. I don't recommend running it on our EJ's. The old formula was good, but when they changed it thats when our cars started eating through it. All 3 of my subies, same thing and each time it was fixed by running TOTAL oil (Blackstone oil analysis say Total is the best of the best). GST runs it in the L, and I run it exclusively in my cars and will continue to do so until they change it or go out of business. I appreciate your input Steve.
ive been using mobile 1 synthetic for about 20k miles, no problems here.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Super reliable, accurate, and only $500 and comes with extras.
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Don't **** her off if you do get it for her.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:50 AM

Car Info: "Shadow"
Originally Posted by bkblitzed
ive been using mobile 1 synthetic for about 20k miles, no problems here.
I too have successfully used Mobile 1 5W30 synthetic oil for the majority of my oil changes. Used Royal Purple a couple times but way too expensive for me. I usually use Extended Performance cuz the oil stays cleaner (brown color) way longer than the regular stuff (which turns dirty black quite quickly). I guess i'm lucky or my car's really healthy cuz it don't burn alot of oil nor have i had any mechanical problems since buying her. To me, Mobile 1 is quality stuff for the money (pretty cheap for a 5 qt. jug at Wal-Mart). Besides, it's widely used by many auto sports/racing vehicles so it can't be that ****ing bad (it's also officially backed by major automotive brands for factory/service fills).
Old 02-28-2011, 08:37 AM

They offered me 500 under invoice for any EVO... I didn't even have to ask. The guy let me drive it to my house to show my wife and drive back which was bad ***. It was a great experience actually.

They had an EVO9 there with a custom wide body kit, super wide tires but it had MY2000 Subaru Impreza RS seats in it. As in, the dude removed his recaros and put in 2.5RS seats into it. WTF!?

Anyway, anyone think I can get a better deal than 500 under invoice? I know there are two different invoice prices
What is their invoice?

Quick Reply: Just test drove an EVO X 2011, I'm in love. Anyone want an STi?