just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:33 AM
banned

Car Info: 2007 WRX Limited | vf43'D
I googled "CHP Bulletin" because I'm going to do some research on the legal ins/outs of modding. My goal is to get the legislation that Gray Davis signed in 2001 about exhausts so I can print it out on the State of CA Letterhead I have, gonna keep it with my Registration/Insurance "just in case".

Anyhoo....This thread is so epic, it came up #3 in the search results!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Car Info: 05 wrx
Originally Posted by Onizuka
I just called the Department of Consumer Affairs. Here's what they told me. There is no way to get the ticket signed off by an officer and the only thing I can do is go to court to get an extension. As far as a reduction of the fine goes - I'll have to ask for one when I'm in court. It also looks like I cannot schedule a court date as it is handed out, which means I'm screwed if it falls on a day that I have class.
I'm in the same boat as you charlie. my problem is I have classes mon thru fri. so BS.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Car Info: '05 sti
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
how if you don't correct and just pay?

Cause the first and last should be $10 when corrected...
good question man. I'll just have to find out in court..
Old 09-30-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 STi
This ticket would suck much less if the ref stations were actually open.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 AM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
well guys .... i got ***ed by SJPD also .... pulled me over for window tint and loud exhaust last nite and blow off valve He gave me a ticket for corretable violation for my blow off valve (i know its my fault for not using the stock blow off valve) and not correctable violation for the exhaust.
I have to call that number and see wat can be done. If i put my stock blow off valve and put the stock up pipe and down pipe on my car and take it to the smog check .... will i pass it with my HKS exhaust on the car? Any help would be appreciated Thx guys.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Car Info: .
You guys need to take some steps in making some noise on this. What sense does it make to get a ref ticket when there is no ref? This is state legalized extortion.

Yeah, your car is out of spec according to the state, but by getting a ref ticket you have 2 options; pay the fine or go to the ref and pay the correction fee.

Worst case scenario the budget was passed so I guess the ref will be back sometime in the near future.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Spoolin415
You guys need to take some steps in making some noise on this. What sense does it make to get a ref ticket when there is no ref? This is state legalized extortion.

Yeah, your car is out of spec according to the state, but by getting a ref ticket you have 2 options; pay the fine or go to the ref and pay the correction fee.

Worst case scenario the budget was passed so I guess the ref will be back sometime in the near future.
when was the budget passed?
weird thing is on these tickets why are my violations opposite from others?
my exhaust violation is correctable and my intake is not correctable.
it seems like to me when they are refing people they seem to write down at least one non correctable offense. but it doesn't seem like there is any rhyme or reason to which if correctable/ non correctable.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
well guys .... i got ***ed by SJPD also .... pulled me over for window tint and loud exhaust last nite and blow off valve He gave me a ticket for corretable violation for my blow off valve (i know its my fault for not using the stock blow off valve) and not correctable violation for the exhaust.
I have to call that number and see wat can be done. If i put my stock blow off valve and put the stock up pipe and down pipe on my car and take it to the smog check .... will i pass it with my HKS exhaust on the car? Any help would be appreciated Thx guys.
sorry to hear about this bro. if you plan on calling the state ref number on the back of the ticket then I dont think you will get very far with that.
which hks exhaust do you have? I dont think they are under 95db...
Old 10-01-2008, 11:31 AM
banned

Car Info: heel'n toe da hoe...
These stuff needs to be brought out into the news...

Least if it makes the news... It might pressure them to back off.
Has anyone contacted the rep from their area. Or from the wingstop area.

I'm sure he'd love to know. They might be able to auther a new law correcting all this. But it has to get into the news. Once there..... You will gain some ground. No one will like to look bad on camera.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:33 AM
banned

Also when you go to the state ref... GET PAPERWORK on your mods... Next time your pulled over show the cop. Tell him to go pound salt.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:49 AM

Car Info: BMW 525i E39
Originally Posted by DemonPossessed
sorry to hear about this bro. if you plan on calling the state ref number on the back of the ticket then I dont think you will get very far with that.
which hks exhaust do you have? I dont think they are under 95db...
i have HKS Carbon Ti .... i think i shud be fine once i put the stock blow off valve back on.
Also now I am ***ed because i need to go to court in December but i am going for my training next month for the National Guard ......... that **** blows ..... no ref stations and giving out ref tickets is the stupidiest thing state of California is doing. Complete bull****.

Last edited by Subaru_dude; 10-01-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:16 PM

Car Info: wrx02
Originally Posted by I<3subie
These stuff needs to be brought out into the news...

Least if it makes the news... It might pressure them to back off.
Has anyone contacted the rep from their area. Or from the wingstop area.

I'm sure he'd love to know. They might be able to auther a new law correcting all this. But it has to get into the news. Once there..... You will gain some ground. No one will like to look bad on camera.
We got lots of tree huggers in CA. #%%ing Prius lovers. Do you think media will favor us?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:22 PM
banned

Originally Posted by willow
We got lots of tree huggers in CA. #%%ing Prius lovers. Do you think media will favor us?
There is one thing people hate and unite over the most. The government abusing or strong arming citizens

You betcha... Get the owner of wingstop to talk about what impact it has drawn on his store. Shove a camera in the mayors face, Interveiw us tax payers.. Then go on about getting stopped for no reason, Getting tickets for the state ref when the cops know there is none right now.

THATS NEWS!!!

1. Abuse of power
2. Economy damage
3. Profiling

I could go on...
Old 10-01-2008, 01:57 PM

Car Info: 2005 wrx
when i got cought by chp last week, he told me they could care less about the enviorment and the smog stuff. Its more about the loudness added speed and safety, you dont see very many hippy chp thankfully.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Subaru_dude
post up the CVC numbers, call exhaust tickets are correctable unless they are a ref ticket (still correctable, but only by a ref via inspection)

Quick Reply: just got pulled over leaving wingstop state ref !