It's Official: Baron Davis is now a Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 12:40 PM

It's Official: Baron Davis is now a Warrior

Blah, they traded away Speedy Claxton, and Dale Davis.

I would have been happier if they traded away Fisher instead of Claxton.

I don't know how they'll make room for salary purposes considering that Baron Davis had about 4 years 60 some odd million left on his Charlotte contract and Fisher with another 40-60 million (i forget how much he is being paid).
Old 02-24-2005, 12:46 PM

Warriors also traded away Edaurdo Najera to the Nuggets for Nikoloz Tskitishvili and Rodney White

Nazr Mohammed is now a Spurs

Antoine Walker is going back to the Celtics for Gary Payton and 2 others.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:52 PM

Car Info: 14 Mazda3 sGT, SOLD 12/26: 00 2.5RS Sedan
Ohhh..Warriors got Skita. I hope he doesn't get neglected and ride the pine like he did in Denver. I think Skita and Zarko Cabarkapa are similar players. Except Tskitishvili's got a bit more of a perimeter game. I too wished they had unloaded Fisher instead of Speedy. I liked Speedy because he plays good defense. Let's hope Baron Davis' back, legs, knees, whatever holds up for the rest of the season. 9_9

So I guess the small wonder lineup stands with Troy Murphy at center, Mike Dunleavy at power forward, Jason Richardson at small forward, Derek Fisher at shooting guard, and Baron Davis at point guard. Troy Murphy's going to get a lot of offensive rebounds when he has to catch whatever Baron Davis chucks up.

Last edited by Hollandaze; 02-24-2005 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM

I would like to see Zarko play more, but unfortunately he isn't getting the playing time. When he did, before the all star game, he did pretty well.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:09 PM

Speaking of teams playing in Oakland. On a side note, the Oakland Raiders got Randy Moss. Great day for Bay Area sports. I woulda been happier if the Giants tried to acquire Sammy Sosa a month and a half ago, but eh, this'll do.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
WTF...what is with all these stupid trades coming out of the bay area.

Claxton was the future man. The kid is sick.

Instead we're stuck with ****ty fish and injury prone davis. yeah.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:31 PM

Car Info: 03 MBP WRX
D fish is clutch (ask the Spurs) and he has a ton of playoff experience. Speedy is a good player but Davis is a great player. I can't wait to see J rich and Davis play together!
Old 02-24-2005, 01:39 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

at least the warriors are unbeaten for the 2nd half...
Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Evolution VIII
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF...what is with all these stupid trades coming out of the bay area.

Claxton was the future man. The kid is sick.

Instead we're stuck with ****ty fish and injury prone davis. yeah.
I can't agree with you more on this one.

As much as I was a fan of Baron during his college days.. I think Claxton was more of a team player than Davis. As a point guard, you create scoring opportunities for you teammates first before thinking about scoring. I can see disaster w/ Davis in the lineup.
Old 02-24-2005, 01:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by mbquarts
D fish is clutch (ask the Spurs) and he has a ton of playoff experience. Speedy is a good player but Davis is a great player. I can't wait to see J rich and Davis play together!

what does playoff experience mean to the warriors? They need someone to get them there....not just be clutch there. He's never carried a team into the playoffs. You're talking to a guy that stood up for fish when he came over in the first place. I like the guy. He's a good locker room presence. He's tough. He's a good shooter.

But claxton is younger. Quicker. Better defender. Better rebounder and a better scorer. Not to mention better at the free throw line. Quality passer. Only thing he really needed to work on was 3 pointers and he needs to do that big time. Fish is way better from out there.

Davis is good, real good. I think he's gonna be a great addition and I don't think they could have gotten him without lettin claxton go so in that sense I'm glad. I just hope davis' back gets right. He hasn't played a full season in 3 years. That's a bad trend.

We'll see though. I think with someone like him that can create their own points and deliver the ball...and play a good d..the warriors will improve...But he's not gonna solve all their problems..he's not that much better than speedy.

Guess I'm just pissed> The warriors allways toss the guys I like. Except JRich. Like Arenas..i was pissed when they sent him packin. errrr.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:40 PM

Car Info: it's nice
speedy had a year left at 3 mil. I highly do not think he'd return after next year.
Fisher has more upside than Speedy but I do like him more for some odd reason.
I'm more excited about Baron playing with J.Rich. WE FINALLY HAVE A LEGIT 2nd OPTION.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:51 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
Speedy is the BOMB. he was breakin ankles and droppin foolz every game. I loved him. almost bought his jersey. but he is injury prone too just like B Diddy. probably because he is so small. B Davis gives the warriors a hardcore backcourt and i guess they thought it was worth the risk.

ya, i wish they traded fisher instead of claxton. but i doubt the hornets wanted him and his big contract. i read they actually wanted Dunleavy instead of claxton, but the warriors wouldnt give him up.
Old 02-25-2005, 11:20 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2004 PSM WRX
hahahahaha, id be tight if we got iverson cause he dont wanna be in philly anymore !
Old 02-25-2005, 12:25 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Jumpman23
hahahahaha, id be tight if we got iverson cause he dont wanna be in philly anymore !

he'd be stupid to leave philly. Philly loves him and they just picked up webber. They are competitive.

He goes anywhere else he has to reestablish himself and figure out that he won't be "the man" on to many teams in the league.....like he can't just do whatever the hell he pleases....he'd be a good fit on a few teams though. but still he is philly. he needs to stay and retire there.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by HongKongBeef
Speedy is the BOMB. he was breakin ankles and droppin foolz every game. I loved him. almost bought his jersey. but he is injury prone too just like B Diddy. probably because he is so small. B Davis gives the warriors a hardcore backcourt and i guess they thought it was worth the risk.

ya, i wish they traded fisher instead of claxton. but i doubt the hornets wanted him and his big contract. i read they actually wanted Dunleavy instead of claxton, but the warriors wouldnt give him up.
Hell no, I wouldn't give up Dunleavy either. That guy's very fundamentally sound and developing to be a pretty good player lately. He's an X's and O's guy given that he's a coach's son. I think he'll turn out to be a great shooter in the future, he's got excellent dribbling skills, and passing skills too. His defense has improved a bit as well.

Quick Reply: It's Official: Baron Davis is now a Warrior