Islamic Mosque near Ground Zero

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Islamic Mosque near Ground Zero

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38538068...ife/?GT1=43001

Apparently a group in New York wants to convert property near Ground Zero into an Islamic Mosque & Community Center.

What does everyone think about this happening?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
Against.

I honestly think it should be a memorial site but I guess it doesn't meet the requirements of nyc. sucks.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Ground Zero should only be used as a memorial for the fallen... Anything outside of ground zero is free game and no matter how personally against it someone is, it's a free country and that's what makes America a great country. Ground Zero though, that was the site of something so big that it sent shockwaves around the world, and then some... It should def be dedicated to a memorial, and ONLY a memorial.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 PM

The islamic religion is even worse than the christians and catholics. It breeds off fear in **** areas similar to how adolf and Stalin were accepted.

I hate this idea that organized religion is hands off no one can speak poorly about it. **** em all!

it'll never happen

Is this an attempt at appeasing terrorists? sure seems like it.

---JM, Cooky Liberal.

Why the hell is this even being brought up? I bet whoever thought of it wanted media coverage.

Last edited by slow04wrx; 08-03-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
You gotta be kidding me.

Guess what, theres already a mosque there, and its even closer to ground zero. AND it was there BEFORE 9/11. Its been there for 28 YEARS and since 9/11 has been nearly harassed out of the city.

http://www.masjidmanhattan.com/

And yes there were muslim residents of NYC that went to this mosque that were also killed in the WTC attack. Yes believe it or not, not all muslims are terrorists (WHA?!?!) and there were devout peaceful muslims that were killed by terrorist that day too.

This whole thing is a non-issue thats being exploited for its emotional shock value. People need to stop being to easily manipulated by fear, it really scares me to see the way this country is headed.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krinkov
You gotta be kidding me.

Guess what, theres already a mosque there, and its even closer to ground zero. AND it was there BEFORE 9/11. Its been there for 28 YEARS and since 9/11 has been nearly harassed out of the city.

And yes there were muslim residents of NYC that went to this mosque that were also killed in the WTC attack. Yes believe it or not, not all muslims are terrorists (WHA?!?!) and there were devout peaceful muslims that were killed by terrorist that day too.

This whole thing is a non-issue thats being exploited for its emotional shock value. People need to stop being to easily manipulated by fear, it really scares me to see the way this country is headed.
+1

Like I said, the actual site of the attacks, GROUND ZERO should be used for a memorial, anything outside of that zone can be used for anything they want, it's a free country, remember? NYC is a crammed place and there are a lot of mosques there, lots of muslims, and a lot of those muslims were killed or at least injured in the attacks. The terrorists didnt care who was hurt as long as they were Americans. If you're a Muslim American who is pro-America, you are the enemy to them.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:34 PM

Car Info: http://kiva.org/invitedby/brett4254
Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
Technically, weren't the islamic terrorists on the planes too and thus, amongst "the fallen"?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Car Info: N/A
Personally I don't think it is a smart idea. A lot of people talk like they know but I grew up about a mile away from the World Trade and my mom still lives there. I lost friends and family that day. It's a sore subject and regardless of whether or not other Muslims that lost their lives that day or not it doesn't sit well with me to build there.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by STiForFun
Technically, weren't the islamic terrorists on the planes too and thus, amongst "the fallen"?
perhaps, I guess if I get drunk and drive and crash into a family and kill all of us would you also call me a victim?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:52 PM

perhaps, I guess if I get drunk and drive and crash into a family and kill all of us would you also call me a victim?
I don't know if it's the sleeping pills, but I can't make sense of this... Could be me though...
Old 08-03-2010, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
+1

Like I said, the actual site of the attacks, GROUND ZERO should be used for a memorial, anything outside of that zone can be used for anything they want, it's a free country, remember? NYC is a crammed place and there are a lot of mosques there, lots of muslims, and a lot of those muslims were killed or at least injured in the attacks. The terrorists didnt care who was hurt as long as they were Americans. If you're a Muslim American who is pro-America, you are the enemy to them.
well ya the mosque wasnt going to be on the actual site, its supposed to be 2 blocks away. In the end I really dont give a **** about whether or not the build the mosque at all, I just hate seeing this bull**** emotional manipulation going on by politicians that dont even live in NY. Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin? Are you ****ing kidding me? If your so ****ing concerned with honoring the 9/11 victims Newt why did all your neo-con buddies nearly unanimously vote down granting extended health care benefits to 9/11 firefighters and first responders??

http://gothamist.com/2010/07/30/poli...lth_bill_f.php

the hypocrisy really makes me feel ill.

Last edited by Krinkov; 08-03-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by brucelee
I don't know if it's the sleeping pills, but I can't make sense of this... Could be me though...
I guess I just dont know why he would count the terrorists among the 9/11 victims, thats some impressive mental gymnastics there, though for what point Im not sure
Old 08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Dude, hats off to Krinkov. He nailed this one on the head (not his first time either ).

Now can we move this to the Politics section please?
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 PM

You gotta be kidding me.

all religious people are terrorists

we don't need another tax evading worthless turd. People should enjoy their lives, not spend their spare time after work in a church or any kind. get a life church-goers

Last edited by slow04wrx; 08-03-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Islamic Mosque near Ground Zero