Initial D 3...haa

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Initial D 3...haa

man can't remember if I've ever played this game..

Stupid people were carpet cleaning next door so I couldn't think...so I take a long lunch.

Buy a car. Get the buy eye sti. option b. in blue. I didn't know how to change the color.

I proceed to get my *** handed to me from a couple 12/13 year olds 3 times in a row..haaa.

I suck. I figure I'll figure out how to play this game with the wrx and then start over with a different car. something RWD..haaa.

Anyone have any pointers man?
Old 07-20-2004, 04:00 PM

Car Info: 2002MY Impreza WRX
To change color you use the shift lever.

www.initiald.org has times and records.

Currently the best cars overall by proportioning the time achieved on a 200 pt scale and adding up the scores (if you want to have the best car specifically for a course, it varies; usually the best cars are the character's cars homecourse. So the 86 for Akina, the Civic Type R for Happogahara, RX7s for Akagi, etc). RX8->Cappucino->Evo IV -> GC8V (Bunta's car, you have to put in a code to get it) -> RX7 Type R

The only thing realistic about the Initial D game is that it follows the racing line and that AWD cars are superior on the snow filled Akina.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 PM

Car Info: civic
i see kids that play this game, and all they ever do is run into guardrails taking turns....
Old 07-20-2004, 04:56 PM
NASIOC Slut

Car Info: 1995 Subaru Impreza 1.8 L
There is a 3 now? Sheep, i'm going to have to try it out...
Old 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Nah man....these kids ripped...they had no wall compititions. See who could make it without hitting walls. they show lines at the end...this one kid threw down a couple perfect lines in some burly sections.

I mean he was over my shoulder all...ok....this turn go high no brakes....down shift when I say...it was nuts. Perfect lines. ....giving me pointers and what not...haaaa.

But yeah one of the kids there was smashing off walls and not really trying to drive right. It's freaking hard to not hit walls in that freaking game...my first one was alone and I made it through 2 of the 4 stages. 2nd was against a kid and he destroyed me...I was barely through 2 when he finished. 3rd was the same kid. I stayed much closer to him that time and started to figure it out. I think if I play every now and again I'll figure it out pretty good.

Pretty fun. Great concept. Now if they would put a rally edition out I would whoop some jr. high butt...haaa.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

the CENTURY 25 in UC finally got theirs.

so i played it and it reset. so the manager gave me a free game. but after that, it was a free game. so i stay at it and got the card and played some more.

the steering wheel feedback isnt that great.

but it's perfect for smaller drivers...
Old 07-20-2004, 05:00 PM
General Pimpin'

yeah the wheel feedback is what was tough for me. Started to get used to it halfway through my 3rd game.

would be sick if they had a real 3 pedal manual set up. I mean if they want to just do up and down they should do paddle shifters.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:15 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
doesnt one of those arcade consoles cost like 10,000? i thikn ill buy one
Old 07-20-2004, 09:36 PM

Car Info: '05 black c6
I had the same problem, couldn't figure out how to change colors till after I read a faq....so now I'm the guy who rolls up in a mbp wrx and plays a wrb in the game >_O

I haven't gotten very far in the game, only just got past the first rain battle in Akagi against Kenta/Danny a few hours ago.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:24 PM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
for people who also have their own cars, the more you play and win, the more mods and faster you get. I get killed in that game by other people who own their own cars because i barely ever play this game. Only thing I get to brag about is that I beat all of Irohazaka w/ my basically stock car =)
Old 07-21-2004, 09:25 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Batto
I had the same problem, couldn't figure out how to change colors till after I read a faq....so now I'm the guy who rolls up in a mbp wrx and plays a wrb in the game >_O

I haven't gotten very far in the game, only just got past the first rain battle in Akagi against Kenta/Danny a few hours ago.
same here...haaaaaaa. I would have gone white man. what option you have?

I figure once I start getting kinda good I'll start over with a new wrx or something else more drift prone..haaa. something old school maybe.

right now I have 3000 points..haaaa..haaaa. I'm gonna head over there and drop another $5 and play against some computer stuff and try to beat some easy folks. get up to 50k before I start trying to race 12 year olds again..h.aa.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:33 AM
The weal amewican hewo!

Car Info: 02 Aspen White sedan
hahaha, the funny thing is these 12 yr. olds dont actually drive a real car aka suby, although "some" of them think that just cuz they're hot shiot on initial d, they can touge in real life...

its a fun game, but not when you got these lil 12 yr. olds hoarding the machines cuz thats all they do for the entire day...to think of all the years you spend playing video games, i wonder how much total you may have spent, enough for a pretty expensive mod i might bet....

...can you use your initial d 2 cards at all???
Old 07-21-2004, 09:35 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by DanyoCantDrift
hahaha, the funny thing is these 12 yr. olds dont actually drive a real car aka suby, although "some" of them think that just cuz they're hot shiot on initial d, they can touge in real life...

its a fun game, but not when you got these lil 12 yr. olds hoarding the machines cuz thats all they do for the entire day...to think of all the years you spend playing video games, i wonder how much total you may have spent, enough for a pretty expensive mod i might bet....

...can you use your initial d 2 cards at all???
yeah you can transfer info to them...costs a couple bucks.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 AM

when i was interning in hk a couple summers back, i'd drop about $20 a day playing that game (ver.1) with my coworkers, and when i returned to hk during decemeber, i 've lost almost all my skills after not playing for 4 months. it takes a lot of dedication to be good in that game.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:50 AM
VIP Member

the mall in tracy i think its called "westland" and they have a racing game with a realy 3rd petal

Quick Reply: Initial D 3...haa