I'm sorry you are insecure...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 2011 Subaru WRX STI Sedan
Originally Posted by 04GG
There was an insurance scammer that hit a member here. That member captured the whole thing on a dash cam. The scammer's insurance company contacted him for the video so they could sue their own (former) insured LOL.
Wow!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:58 PM

Car Info: 2008 Subaru Forester XT Sport
Originally Posted by d_heimbigner
I did, that's why I took a picture of his license plate
You're a good person.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
Originally Posted by Queen Jade
I would have reported him and said you believe he was drunk driving. Drive like a dick with a kid in the car and you've caught that amount of karma.
"Yes 911, some guy is driving erratic, speeding, cutting people off, and I think he waved a gun at me!"
Old 04-28-2014, 07:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Originally Posted by Overbear
"Yes 911, some guy is driving erratic, speeding, cutting people off, and I think he waved a gun at me!"
What is the point of all that? Seems like the cops would be pissed at whoever called after the lying, leaving more of a chance that the "bad driver" would get away even easier.

Would be fascinating to know all the things that folks have called me in for. Makes me think that there's no way for the police/HWY patrol to ever take any of that seriously, but of course I have no idea.

I wonder what the police think about someone that calls 911 because someone cut them off.

Anyway, I'm genuinely curious as to why people do that sort of thing.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
My car was the POSTER AD for Lesbians and Foresters. My name is Leslie, I was SO tempted to put LESLIEN on the plate.

I don't have to be so insecure with my husband. He has never expressed much interest in other women to cause me to feel like he would 'wander.' I also make it a point to be the baddest *** chick he will ever meet, nullifying any interest he might take in another woman. So he can smile and wave all he wants. He knows where the goods are.
That's actually my fave generation of Forester. Further proof I'm a super butch lesbian I guess.

Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Probably cause it's a hatch back, not a wagon. I carpool with my mom and drive her '12 Sport Premium and I never wave at modded Subie's cause I don't want them like, WTF?
Care to tell me the difference between a 5-door hatch and a station wagon?
Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by Choku Dori
That's actually my fave generation of Forester. Further proof I'm a super butch lesbian I guess.

Care to tell me the difference between a 5-door hatch and a station wagon?
You mean, other than the label?

2002 WRX Wagon

2012 Impreza Sport Premium Hatchback

Plus the wagon has more cargo space. Albeit not by much, '02 All seats in place 27.9 cu ft and 61.6 total vs '12 at 22.5 and 52.4 total, but it's still more.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:42 AM

Car Info: 07lmtd 6spd wrx eq tuned
Saturday night we were going out. I was driving my girls lexus 09 is250. I saw a 350z with two dudes in it driving like an *** hat, swerving through traffic. This is on capitol expwy at around 9pm (tons of cars). To his defense the car sounded pretty sweet though. Any way I stopped at a light right before the freeway entrances. As I approached the entrance I saw him on the embankment like as if he took the turn too hot and drove off! I said " look that idiot must've driven off!" And we all laughed. His car looked ok from what I saw but I'm sure there was damage done. Idiot
Old 04-29-2014, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Choku Dori
Its my favorite generation too. Alas, I had to go with the SG9 instead. It didn't make sense for me to sell the car I had for one of equal age and twice as many miles.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:04 AM

Car Info: 06 WRB Wagon #wackfitmentsteex

Its my favorite generation too. Alas, I had to go with the SG9 instead. It didn't make sense for me to sell the car I had for one of equal age and twice as many miles.
Alas?!?! Errg. I wanted the 06-08 forester so bad, but couldn't find any in my price range. Now I'm stuck with my ugly usdm front end till I can afford the jdm swap.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 AM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
That's what I did In fact, I sold my WRX which I had spend a lot of time, effort and funds replacing just about everything to trade "up" to a car with some of the same issues and start the process all over
Old 04-29-2014, 12:24 PM

That's what I did In fact, I sold my WRX which I had spend a lot of time, effort and funds replacing just about everything to trade "up" to a car with some of the same issues and start the process all over
Is that what being a Subaru owner is about? Because ever since I bought my 08 Forester for $18k w/ 70k miles on it in 2012....I've had to do a motor swap, turbo upgrade, head gasket (three times now since I replaced the pistons due to worn rings) and it drank oil like a *****. I've never had a car with so many gremlins, and I've owned a MKIV GTI! But still, I love the damn thing in spite of its issues. That must be what being a Subaru owner is about....the sacrifice, commitment and glutton for punishment. I regret buying this car from a ricer hack. I will never regret savings its life. It would have ended up in a junkyard somewhere, and a WRB 08 XT Sport in a 5 speed, 1/75 made in 08 doesn't deserve that fate. At least I didn't think it did.....my husband would argue.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
my husband would argue.
in a heartbeat...
Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 PM
If in doubt, FLAT OUT

Car Info: 2010 Hatch, 2011 Sedan
Is that what being a Subaru owner is about? Because ever since I bought my 08 Forester for $18k w/ 70k miles on it in 2012....I've had to do a motor swap, turbo upgrade, head gasket (three times now since I replaced the pistons due to worn rings) and it drank oil like a *****. I've never had a car with so many gremlins, and I've owned a MKIV GTI! But still, I love the damn thing in spite of its issues. That must be what being a Subaru owner is about....the sacrifice, commitment and glutton for punishment. I regret buying this car from a ricer hack. I will never regret savings its life. It would have ended up in a junkyard somewhere, and a WRB 08 XT Sport in a 5 speed, 1/75 made in 08 doesn't deserve that fate. At least I didn't think it did.....my husband would argue.
Mine was a one owner and definitely not abused, just a little neglected. Drinks zero oil and aside from age related issues and that wonderful rear wheel bearing fiasco, it has been a good experience. Power steering pump is whining now though... I love this thing too though.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:48 PM

Mine was a one owner and definitely not abused, just a little neglected. Drinks zero oil and aside from age related issues and that wonderful rear wheel bearing fiasco, it has been a good experience. Power steering pump is whining now though... I love this thing too though.
Mine was a one owner car too, but they just didn't care about it I guess. I found the sticker in the glove box when I bought it, paid nearly $30k for it in 09. I hope to never have to buy a car again so for me its worth dumping money into it.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Mine was a one owner car too, but they just didn't care about it I guess. I found the sticker in the glove box when I bought it, paid nearly $30k for it in 09. I hope to never have to buy a car again so for me its worth dumping money into it.
My AE86 was a one owner car too, 111k original miles, original paint, body, interior, original engine, etc.

Quick Reply: I'm sorry you are insecure...