I'm going away to college, but school wont let me take my car. What can i do??

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by dorifto88
dude chill the **** out.
stay in the dorms, and leave your ****ing car at home.
some of us actually commute, and its the douchebags who already live on campus yet still, for some ****ing reason, get a parking permit when their dorms are like 2 ****ing steps away from campus...

not trying to be an *** just trying to keep it real.

WTF? ever think that maybe those people would like to get home every now and again?
or maybe leave campus for things like food and god forbit...work.

Maybe someone should push the school into building offsite parking for dorm students.

I was in the dorms my freshman year..shoot I was in the dorms in high school. Both places we had seperate parking for dorm students....a bit farther from the classes so commuters could park close.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 PM

Car Info: The Thundercougarfalconbird
Originally Posted by NZO
What about the tendercrisp bacon cheddar ranch?
Blech. After the wendys opened near I-80, I really never went to BK there again.
We had redrum (formerly known as murder) and then In and out opened my last year there.

Tim
Old 03-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Car Info: Subaru?
Originally Posted by samurai
Blech. After the wendys opened near I-80, I really never went to BK there again.
We had redrum (formerly known as murder) and then In and out opened my last year there.

Tim
wendys... any one hear about the human finger found in their chili?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
wendys... any one hear about the human finger found in their chili?
yup. i haven't eaten at wendys lately tho. it's all about udon/ramen for me..

Tim
Old 03-29-2005, 07:44 AM

Car Info: 04' JBP STi 02' WRB Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
WTF? ever think that maybe those people would like to get home every now and again?
or maybe leave campus for things like food and god forbit...work.

Maybe someone should push the school into building offsite parking for dorm students.

I was in the dorms my freshman year..shoot I was in the dorms in high school. Both places we had seperate parking for dorm students....a bit farther from the classes so commuters could park close.
True, the ride to the metro station > san jose train station > SF is about 3:30 to 4 hours long from santa cruz. After a few weeks of doing that i got tired and decided to get a space at........its some lot that the boardwalk owns that UC students can buy stickers to park at, but i warn you that place is ghetto, if you love your car you'll take a beater to college if you must have a car.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:35 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
solution: dont go to college, start a career at fry's
Old 03-29-2005, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Seraph
True, the ride to the metro station > san jose train station > SF is about 3:30 to 4 hours long from santa cruz. After a few weeks of doing that i got tired and decided to get a space at........its some lot that the boardwalk owns that UC students can buy stickers to park at, but i warn you that place is ghetto, if you love your car you'll take a beater to college if you must have a car.
When i was going to UCD, i took transport to Cal, then walked to BART station then took bart home to Union City.

Tim
Old 03-29-2005, 02:34 PM

you can always take amtrak home from davis, its a pretty nice ride, that's what i'll be doing until my car gets out of the shop. the amtrak station is pretty close to campus, just take the A busline. someone will have to pick you up from the station though. pretty much everyone i know without cars in davis just takes amtrak
Old 03-29-2005, 03:20 PM

what percentage of students at davis have cars anyways?
Old 03-29-2005, 03:36 PM

i don't know a percentage, but i'd say 70% of the people i know there have cars and the rest don't. They are all jnr's and snr's though. pretty much everyone takes the bus or bikes to and from campus, car or not.

you really don't need a car if your a freshman. if you need to go home just take amtrak

Last edited by blaznasn; 03-29-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:13 AM

Car Info: 2016 Red WRX
All the cool kids at UCD ride bikes and take the bus.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by HongKongBeef
All the cool kids at UCD ride bikes and take the bus.

Lol that was me! Saving money on gas was the prime objective then and should be even more the case now... Over 2.00$/gallon??? Geez.. Of course Japan pays 4-5$ a gallon so we are still very fortunate.

Tim
Old 03-31-2005, 08:32 PM

so anyways i visite davis today and heres my impressions...

god theres SO many bikes! also at first sight davis looks very dead, boring, and cold; but as i walked around more and hung out with a student i knew, davis grew on my a little bit more. im still worried theres nothing to do on weekends, here in berkeley i can head over to sf or oakland or other big cities but, wats there to do at davis?

(o yea at this apartment complex off campus i saw a black evo, black sti w/ silver 5spoke ssrs, a new gen wht supra, and mk3 silver turbo supra. very nice cars all compacted into 1 single parking lot! anyone know who the sti belonged to?)
Old 03-31-2005, 10:37 PM

Car Info: 2005 STi Silver
yeah, i went to davis for a summer program, sure its not as busy as a city...but they have the arcade, swimming pool, basketball courts, weight room, everything, plus you wont have too much time on weekends to chill and **** anyways, wouldnt u be studying?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by WRXakaBooSTi
so anyways i visite davis today and heres my impressions...

god theres SO many bikes! also at first sight davis looks very dead, boring, and cold; but as i walked around more and hung out with a student i knew, davis grew on my a little bit more. im still worried theres nothing to do on weekends, here in berkeley i can head over to sf or oakland or other big cities but, wats there to do at davis?

(o yea at this apartment complex off campus i saw a black evo, black sti w/ silver 5spoke ssrs, a new gen wht supra, and mk3 silver turbo supra. very nice cars all compacted into 1 single parking lot! anyone know who the sti belonged to?)
theres not much to do here on weekends, when i dont feel like studying i head back to the bay or go to sac sometimes.

what classes are you taking?

Quick Reply: I'm going away to college, but school wont let me take my car. What can i do??