If I had a million dollars...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 04:39 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
If I had a million dollars...

I would be broke- after stopping by Fantasy Junction in Emeryville.
(this is a Bay Area "Local attraction" post- not car lounge....)

Some of the older members here might remember a Hot Wheels car called the Monteverdi Hai, the real car was a model built by Peter Monteverdi in Switzerland, and since it was such a popular Hot Wheel, I always figured there were a few hundred real ones running around in Europe or someplace, but alas, only two examples were ever built, and of those only one was fitted with a 450HP Hemi,
well guess what- that very car, in its original metallic purple show colors, is available for the right buyer in Emeryville;
Name:  IMG_0061.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0057.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0056.jpg
Size:  62.7 KB
the right buyer for that one will have more than a million dollars, asking price is $1,100,000

But to be honest that one is a bit over the top, rather- I always wanted one of these;

Name:  IMG_0055.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.8 KB

and this has got to be one of the cleanest ones I've ever seen
Name:  IMG_0054.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  73.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0053.jpg
Size:  58.5 KB

And of course you'd want to have one of these to go along with it- in matching Red, and also one of the finest examples of the original version you will find anywhere;
Name:  IMG_0051.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  63.0 KB

If I had 2 million we'd add these to the collection as well;
Name:  IMG_0052.jpg
Size:  56.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0059.jpg
Size:  76.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0060.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  77.9 KB

And if I started the day with 2.6 million I still might have spent it all in one visit, I mean heck- having a 962 for track days would be too fun.
Name:  IMG_0058.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  77.8 KB

They have a whole bunch of other sweet machines sitting there, might be a fun place for a local meet sometime
Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
if i had a million dollars, i would invest all of it.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM
cal

Car Info: 03
I would buy 1,000,000 McChicken sandwiches
Old 12-13-2008, 04:53 PM

What, you don't think exotic cars are an investment?

When I was 18 you could pick up a Miura for 45-50 thou, this one is listed for 450.
The LP400 Countach was 60 and now its worth 550.

A million dollars worth of several different stocks a year ago, these days are worth nothing...
Old 12-13-2008, 05:59 PM

Car Info: WRX --> RX-8--〉E93
the first time i went to that place i was in 10th grade. i was just so surprised that a little place carries so many super cars and a lot of them were over 1 mil.

i remember it was like heaven, because i was like 15 and get to see all those supercars and can touch it and sit in it.
Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
Originally Posted by psoper
What, you don't think exotic cars are an investment?

When I was 18 you could pick up a Miura for 45-50 thou, this one is listed for 450.
The LP400 Countach was 60 and now its worth 550.

A million dollars worth of several different stocks a year ago, these days are worth nothing...
true but investments might not only be in stocks
could be gold/silver property land or a business that makes money on top of the investment
sure those cars go up in value, but you would have to find a buyer willing to pay in order to make the profit, and value depends on what the buyer is willing to spend.
Now a business with a sound plan, and some luck like oh say the apple mac for the home back in the 80's now thats an investment.
More INSTANT millionaires than any other startup company in history
Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
i like cake.

and cars are cool.
but i would invest my money into a business THEN make more money (hopefully) then buy the cars
Old 12-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
omghai2u

buy it and charge ppl to see it
Old 12-14-2008, 08:36 AM

Car Info: Cage and Slicks and Wing OH MY!!
if i had 1million bucks, i would buy a Lamborghini Murcealago, NSX, and Lotus Exige.

Then i would buy a garage to store my cars, quit my job, and roast tires until i ran out of money and i would have to get another job.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
I would invest into my business and pay off my cars and property.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:54 PM

I can only say- if you are thinking of "investing" right now, you better be careful who you trust;

http://www.deepcapture.com/a-ponzi-s...-than-bernies/

"The key players in this scheme are 20 or so mega-billionaire hedge fund managers, who operate with a supporting cast that includes not just market makers, but also smaller hedge funds, rogue prime brokerages, corrupt lawyers, dishonest journalists, bogus one-man credit rating agencies, dubious index trackers, bribed “experts,” skalawag statisticians, compromised professors, private investigators, crooked financial researchers, captured government regulators, hustlers, felons, thugs and mafiosi.

The mega-billionaires masterminded their scheme in the 1980s, and ever since, they and their progeny have been working together – raiding and destroying public companies for profit. In the rubble of these attacks (there are hundreds of examples) one can almost always find evidence of unrestrained naked short selling (people selling things that they do not possess – phantom stock, phantom bonds, phantom mortgage backed securities, phantom CDOs, all manner of phantom derivatives)."

Until all this gets shaken out, I'd be buying gold or considering well-crafted Aluminum, Steel and Carbon Fiber as my "investment vehicles"
Old 12-14-2008, 10:32 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
^ thats nothing new. the big whales have been handling everything in the markets. its all about following them.
Old 12-14-2008, 10:48 PM

Car Info: Subaru 2009 Forester
a million dollars for my business
Old 12-15-2008, 06:27 PM

Car Info: 02 WRB WRX
"If I had a million dollars, I would do two chicks at one time!"
Old 12-15-2008, 07:07 PM
banned

Car Info: V35, BCNR33
Originally Posted by psoper
I can only say- if you are thinking of "investing" right now, you better be careful who you trust;

http://www.deepcapture.com/a-ponzi-s...-than-bernies/

"The key players in this scheme are 20 or so mega-billionaire hedge fund managers, who operate with a supporting cast that includes not just market makers, but also smaller hedge funds, rogue prime brokerages, corrupt lawyers, dishonest journalists, bogus one-man credit rating agencies, dubious index trackers, bribed “experts,” skalawag statisticians, compromised professors, private investigators, crooked financial researchers, captured government regulators, hustlers, felons, thugs and mafiosi.

The mega-billionaires masterminded their scheme in the 1980s, and ever since, they and their progeny have been working together – raiding and destroying public companies for profit. In the rubble of these attacks (there are hundreds of examples) one can almost always find evidence of unrestrained naked short selling (people selling things that they do not possess – phantom stock, phantom bonds, phantom mortgage backed securities, phantom CDOs, all manner of phantom derivatives)."

Until all this gets shaken out, I'd be buying gold or considering well-crafted Aluminum, Steel and Carbon Fiber as my "investment vehicles"
I agree!! isn't this the biggest Ponzi Scheme in history?

Quick Reply: If I had a million dollars...