I would like your opinion!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 10:14 AM

Car Info: 05 Audi S4... trying to mod the driver!!!
I would like your opinion!!

Howdy!

I am leaning towards getting a 2005 STI! I have been given an approximation of the trade in value of my 2002 wrx which is very close to the Kelly Blue Book private party sale value.

For those of you who keep tabs on the wrx market price, what do you think I could get for my car? Below are the vital stats:

-2002 PSM WRX sedan with 65000 miles
-exterior a 8.5
-interior a 8.0
-mechanicals a 10!

-I am the original owner -- wrx bought in March of 2001 from Subaru of Santa Cruz.

-Car maintained by Subaru of Santa Cruz (Oil changes every 3-4k miles using Mobil 1). Recent 60k service. Recent replacement of clutch and flywheel due to clutch chatter issue. Other "recall" issues taken care of by Subaru of Santa Cruz.

-Extras on car:
--Stoptech stage II brake kit (slotted (stock size) rotors, stainless steel brake lines, axxis ultimates, motul 600)
--Kartboy shifter bushings
--Samco intercooler hoses (black)
--armrest extension
--air filtration (for hvac)
--trunk wing (the stock one)

Kelly Blue Book Private party value is about 14.5k. Does that price reflect true bay area market price?

Thanks for your help and opinion!

lndbrusr aka Chris Jasper
Old 10-12-2004, 11:34 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: MMVI AW WRX STI
As far as I could tell when I just traded my 02 wagon in, the Subaru offer is quite competitive with private party in this area. Just keep in mind, that they are giving you that deal in order to get you to buy the STi...so you might not get as good a deal on the new car. It isn't a good trade in price if they turn around and sell you the STi for just under MSRP.

First rule of car buying, never talk about potential trade-in until you have agreed on a price for the new car. They have to make their money somewhere.

Good luck...get the STi, money be damned.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:34 AM

Car Info: GDA
why wouldn't it? you can also check out craig's list to see what similar cars are going for.

the low resale value of the car makes selling it a very "expensive proprosition"!

goodluck.

db
Old 10-12-2004, 12:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: subaru
Even with the nice modifications you have done, I would expect you'll get the Kelley blue book price for your car at that mileage. Aim for KBB price or maybe a little higher unless you're selling to someone who already wants a modified car, in which case you can go a little higher.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:08 PM
-j-

Car Info: 2006 Audi A3/2007 Civic Si
I think you should try a private party sale since that would be your best chance to get the price that is more attractive to you. Alot of people are looking for the car anyway.

I just saw an '02 selling for $12,500 with extras. I think if you get $14,500, it would be a good deal.