I went to steven's creek subaru today

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 05:47 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
edmund's invoice is 22,132...so around 22K is good? should i print this and bring it in?
Old 05-30-2004, 07:53 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

u guys got any tips for me?
Old 05-30-2004, 08:15 PM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
i just got an 04 sedan from albany subaru. i got it for 23,600 OTD. only options were short shifter and security upgrade
Old 05-31-2004, 02:02 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

any tips?
Old 05-31-2004, 03:52 AM

Car Info: 1942 ford pinto
]Hey, MOT..

When dealing with a salesperson, go to the person everyone is recommending most, then spend a LOT of time talking to that person but do not buy anything then.

After you do this come back about 3-5 days later and then say you are giving it a second look. The salesperson has already wasted a BUNCH of time on you so they want something to come out of it, even if they can seal a bad deal for them they will gor for it, this works VERY well, i am related to very many car sales people and this is one of many techniques that works most of the time, give it a try. Save some money and mod ur car!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 08:08 AM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
Originally Posted by soggynuts
]Hey, MOT..

When dealing with a salesperson, go to the person everyone is recommending most, then spend a LOT of time talking to that person but do not buy anything then.

After you do this come back about 3-5 days later and then say you are giving it a second look. The salesperson has already wasted a BUNCH of time on you so they want something to come out of it, even if they can seal a bad deal for them they will gor for it, this works VERY well, i am related to very many car sales people and this is one of many techniques that works most of the time, give it a try. Save some money and mod ur car!!!
why waste your time doing that? you end up wasting as much time bs'ing them, as sitting there haggling them to get a good deal. might as well just email the dealerships you're interested in with what you think is a fair price. they'll send you back what they think is fair (usually the same day). it's always best to say "this is what *insert name of dealership* told me" and most likely the other dealership will try to match it.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:25 AM

Also bought my WRX wagon from Larry Fung @ Carlsen. Nothing but good things to say about the experience. Larry will give you a good deal without the BS haggling. Could I have gotten a better deal by shopping around and playing the game? Maybe, but it's not worth my time. It's nice to see some integrity in an industry that could certainly use it.

If Subaru is offering any incentives (rebates, financing, etc.) make sure to mention them so that they are factored into the price.

Jimbo
Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 PM

Car Info: WR Blue 2004 WRX
I would say it's because of their location.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:28 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX Sedan - Silver
Originally Posted by wrexxy
why waste your time doing that? you end up wasting as much time bs'ing them, as sitting there haggling them to get a good deal. might as well just email the dealerships you're interested in with what you think is a fair price. they'll send you back what they think is fair (usually the same day). it's always best to say "this is what *insert name of dealership* told me" and most likely the other dealership will try to match it.
I second this one. I was travelling between San Diego and Seattle when I bought my '02 Sedan. I called & got the price in San Diego, then went up to Seattle & called that dealership once. They called me back 10 TIMES with the price going lower & lower each time. Finally, they offered me what I was looking for, & I took it.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:33 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

so i should call carlsen asking for larry and talk to him about it? how does this work?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:55 AM

Car Info: White 04 WRX
call them and ask to talk to larry, tell him what you want and maybe other offers that you have gotten from other dealerships so he can match them or go lower.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:02 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
doesn't get any better than Subaru Santa Cruz.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:01 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Santa Cruz is where it's at. The crew there is awesome. from sales to service. Charlie is on here and nasioc and so is bruce. Drop them a line.

It's worth the drive. I mean look at it this way.....it's santa cruz....getting oil changes gives you a reason to kick back over there for a day.

I got my 04 wagon for barely over invoice there and it was in august of last year...there were still 03's around. So you should be able to get invoice now for sure.

Quick Reply: I went to steven's creek subaru today