I think my house was almost broken into!! WTF?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 03:23 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Angry I think my house was almost broken into!! WTF?!

This was a pretty weird situation. I worked from home today and around 11:00 AM I'm sitting on a conference call when there is a light knock on the door (I'm right next to the door on the couch in the living room). My front door has windows near the top so I take a look and see a hispanic kid with long hair. There are lots of day workers in Concord so I figure its just a solicitor for yard work (my lawn could use a mow) and I go sit back on the couch - I'm in my PJ's and need to pay attention to the phone call.

A minute later he knocks again... this is where I start to think somethings up. I get back up and go into the garage to make sure everything is locked, while I'm in there I look out the top window of the garage and see a ricer-ish Honda with black wheels across the street and two dudes coming towards my house. I ran to my room to get dressed and grab some self defense (all while still on my damn conference call). My entire house is locked up so I go out to the back yard and check it out but nobody is back there, so I go back inside and go out the front door and see the car drive away. At this point I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid or if my running in the house scared them away (its easy to hear foot steps if you're at the front door).

Now here is the sketchy part - Later on I'm going out to get some food and my retired neighbor comes out and asks me if I have some friends with a blue honda?!? I told her no and that I had been home and thought they were suspicious. She tells me that they had been outside for quite a few minutes sitting in the car, and then got out to sit by the curb. After that she saw one come to my front door, then go back to the car and come back to my house with a bag!

She said she saw them put something in the bag while they were near my doorstep but I dont have anything valuable outside and there had been no UPS deliveries, mail or anything... maybe the first dude left a tool to break in??? My wife and roommate were at work so there were no cars in front of the house (mine was safe in the garage)... so I'm thinking they marked my house thinking nobody was home.

Anything I can do?? I havent called the police because I don't have a license plate or evidence. Should I call them?

Sorry for the long post but this really pisses me off Thankfully I was home and not my wife or roommate.

Cliff Notes: OCD is pissed because sketchy Mexicans were lurking around my house.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Really the only thing to do is set booby traps and Burmese tiger pits in the front yard. Maybe a moat filled with oil.

Sucks, man. Time to get a security cam.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:30 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
Get a big dog.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Car Info: WRX, EVO, MSP3
Hey Matt,

There is a lot of robbery going down in Concord. My buddy off Bailey Rd. got his whole house gone through about a week or two ago. Just earlier this week my neighbor got his side door kicked in and his huge flat screen with some other items stolen. People living in the Concord area be aware of what's going on around you. ADT is the shizzle y0! LOL

-Greg
Old 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
And yes you should report it; regardless of any information you have - descriptions will give them something to go on; plus they might have a cruiser go by every now and then just to do a drive by check.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM

Car Info: '06 Wagon
have your neighbor do some ninja moves, and try to get their license plate...after that you should be good to go.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Hey Matt,

There is a lot of robbery going down in Concord. My buddy off Bailey Rd. got his whole house gone through about a week or two ago. Just earlier this week my neighbor got his side door kicked in and his huge flat screen with some other items stolen. People living in the Concord area be aware of what's going on around you. ADT is the shizzle y0! LOL

-Greg
Thanks for the info, Greg - Damn... sorry to hear about your buddy.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:43 PM

Car Info: MY00 GC6 BRP
stand post with a shotty
Old 06-12-2009, 03:44 PM

Car Info: RWD Camry
Yeah you should be cautious (especially now that school is out). I had my house almost broken into as well, but the bastard shattered my window in the process

File a police report and they may be able to link it to other possible burglaries around your area. If you're really afraid of getting burglarized and feel unsafe with valuables/ etc in your house, invest in an alarm company like Brinks or ADT.

Hell, maybe even the little sign that you put in your front yard might deter them.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pactin

Hell, maybe even the little sign that you put in your front yard might deter them.
Yeah, I got one - didnt seem to work

Old 06-12-2009, 03:58 PM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I would report them cus you never know if they are going to come back or involved somewhere else. Least you have the color and make of the car and could tell a description of the guys that might help the police either now or later.

When i was in middle school our family house got robbed and i guess my brothers and i interrupted the robbery and they took off out our back door and through our woods. Yeah i lived in the country and they had lots of woods to hide in. They i guess ran through the woods to the street and got into their car. Someone saw them and reported them as they saw them with pillow cases of stuff and guns etc coming out of the woods. The cops came and made a report and said that since they left in a hurry and all our tv's and other electronics were unplugged but were still there and they took remotes and such cop said they would come back for sure. My dad took the next week off work and parked the car way off in the back where you couldnt see from the street.. He sat out there with his ak47 with a few clips lol and sure enough they showed up about 4 days later with a truck unmarked no tags no plates nothing and had 4 guys in it. I guess the look on their faces was priceless and my dad said he never saw a truck hit reverse so fast. They must have thought they got all the guns the first time but hmm guess what hahaha the cops never caught the guys and never recovered our stuff which hella sucked cus they got a killing in jewelry passed down through 3-4 generations.

Long story short the cops found a booklet of everything our family did day in and day out for months these people were tracking our house and half a dozen others. was hella creepy to see what they had written in the book.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Da Brit.

Car Info: http://tinyurl.com/3vo4362
Tons of theft was bein done by landscapers. If you have a potted plant on your property and they like it they case the joint then come back and steal. They would need a truck for that though.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:16 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
+1 let the cops know
Old 06-12-2009, 04:29 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
yeah call the cops, more break-in's now since so many people are out of jobs.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

Originally Posted by ryball
Really the only thing to do is set booby traps and Burmese tiger pits in the front yard. Maybe a moat filled with oil.

Sucks, man. Time to get a security cam.
silly kalifornia laws...

booby traps are illegal cause they are non discriminant...

but guard dogs are ok...

Quick Reply: I think my house was almost broken into!! WTF?!