I know Ferrari and Lamborghini are competitors but not like THIS!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: Corvette Z51
Originally Posted by Krinkov
Well looks like Ferrari is on top of the issue, they put out a press release today acknowledging the problem and admitting that theres always first year issues with any new model and saying they will address and cover any engine bay design defects that have been causing these fires and will step up and cover any cars that have experienced it so far until the issue has been resolved.

Just kidding, they're blaming the drivers.

http://jalopnik.com/5621549/ferrari-...blames-drivers
Ahahhahahahaa, you got me there!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 PM

anyone see this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Df2-eDLQOuA

ferrari lemans catching fire. The guy drives like a half lap on fire (doesnt show it in video)because he is in no mans land and theres no fire crews around there.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
lamborghini makes farm equipment
Old 08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Meh, Lambos are not all that great. I have no idea why they are so hyped up... The newer ones def have some great engineering that go into them, but the older models were just pieces of crap.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:17 PM

Car Info: 1988 Yoda
Originally Posted by brucelee
Meh, Lambos are not all that great. I have no idea why they are so hyped up... The newer ones def have some great engineering that go into them, but the older models were just pieces of crap.
truth!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
9 to 5 mod

THey had some good ones

rambo lambo

muria

Last edited by sigma pi; 08-25-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:38 PM

Car Info: 2015 DGM WRX
Lambo vs CRX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzP-etuL6Y8

Last edited by Lagunatic; 08-25-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 AM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
The American is too ****ing stubborn to take a picture of his car while its actually burning.

"nah its not burning...nahhhh...they are designed NOT to burn"
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
THey had some good ones

rambo lambo

muria
Both may look nice but are pieces of CRAP. It took lambo something like 7 days to design the Muria, which tells you something about the engineering that went into it That lambo SUV might have been really bad *** when it first came out but the cost to run that thing is INSANE! Just the tires alone (which have carbon fiber side walls) cost in the range of 10k each! !!!
Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
9 to 5 mod

Both may look nice but are pieces of CRAP. It took lambo something like 7 days to design the Muria, which tells you something about the engineering that went into it That lambo SUV might have been really bad *** when it first came out but the cost to run that thing is INSANE! Just the tires alone (which have carbon fiber side walls) cost in the range of 10k each! !!!
OH totally agree there. THey look nice but yeah I wouldnt really drive htem just a museum piece
Old 08-26-2010, 12:39 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant
Really??? Go read the Wikipedia article at least on the MIURA. Sheeeeezus. This is why we can't have a nice internet!

Yes the RamboLambo is stupid/pointless/expensive. The Miura however is a car for the history books. And it's freaking GORGEOUS.. Not sure how anyone could possibly call it crap. Sure sure they caught on fire.... So what.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by wombatsauce

Yes the RamboLambo is stupid/pointless/expensive. The Miura however is a car for the history books. And it's freaking GORGEOUS
Agreed the miura was beautiful. But I like the rambo lambo. it was ahead of its time. Porsche came out with an SUV and its thier top seller
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by wombatsauce
Really??? Go read the Wikipedia article at least on the MIURA. Sheeeeezus. This is why we can't have a nice internet!

Yes the RamboLambo is stupid/pointless/expensive. The Miura however is a car for the history books. And it's freaking GORGEOUS.. Not sure how anyone could possibly call it crap. Sure sure they caught on fire.... So what.
Yeah, sorry, I'm typing on my phone and I'm surprised I got as many of the words correctly as I did! (typos up the ***).

I remember watching a documentary a few years back about the MIURA and the person driving/reviewing it was complaining about how god awful it was to drive... I think top gear also did a segment with the Miura, didn't they? I can't remember who did the interviews (I've seen two regarding this car) but both basically said the same thing... The car was BEAUTIFUL (which it is, I think it's absolutely gorgeous) but underneath it was a nightmare to drive even by the day's standards.

You might not agree, different strokes for different folks...

Would I buy one? Nope

Do I want one? Yes!

Just the amount of money makes it less than desirable.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi
Agreed the miura was beautiful. But I like the rambo lambo. it was ahead of its time. Porsche came out with an SUV and its thier top seller
Booooooooooo! Don't remind me!

I saw a porsche panamera (I hope I spelled that right so I don't get slaughtered by the spelling gestapo) this last weekend and it caused my eyes to tear up, especially when my wife said "Oh, look at that Porsche! I think it looks great!", that's when I lost it and the water works started. *cry*

I know they are in the business to make money and I understand why they make things like the Cayenne and Panamera, but from a purist's point of view it's slaughter.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 AM

Car Info: '03 WRX wagon, faster than walkin'
Originally Posted by Krinkov
...they're blaming the drivers...
When Ferrari says its an "IGNITION" key they mean it!

Quick Reply: I know Ferrari and Lamborghini are competitors but not like THIS!!